PDA

View Full Version : Charger help needed

Bluerolla
01-30-2011, 11:42 PM
I just bought a Li-ion charger and adapter from tcss. when i go to charge my saber the charger led stays green but it should turn red. is this ok or should i return it and get a new one? any help would be great thanks.

Caine Drathul
01-31-2011, 12:48 AM
That sounds like a battery pack issue (I hope it's not the new saber of yours I think it is :( )

Novastar
01-31-2011, 01:36 AM
I just bought a Li-ion charger and adapter from tcss. when i go to charge my saber the charger led stays green but it should turn red. is this ok or should i return it and get a new one? any help would be great thanks.Hmm. There are several reasons why this could happen. Some of them aren't easy to hunt down.

1. Most Li-Ion chargers include a small FUSE on one of the power lines. This fuse (I'VE noticed) doesn't always sit in place very well... and if it "moves wrong"... the connection can get broken, although the charger won't report anything "abnormal"... OTHER than the fact that it is not detecting a battery pack. Hence... the green light. :(

2. The wiring of your recharge port is not matched up with the wiring of the charger. If you don't know what I mean by that... use a multimeter to determine what pins are + or -. If you don't know what I mean by THAT... it may not be the problem... or you'd need more experience to understand how a multimeter can help you here.

3. The charge port in the saber is failing / broken for whatever reason.

4. As Caine mentioned--the battery pack itself is either old, failing, or having some kind of grounding issue.

Hope it helps!

Chowser
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Would this happen also if I had a li-ion charger and tried to charge ni-mh? (I haven't done it, but my kids almost did, I am going to order them a ni-mh charger)

Caine Drathul
02-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Would this happen also if I had a li-ion charger and tried to charge ni-mh? (I haven't done it, but my kids almost did, I am going to order them a ni-mh charger)

I would NOT (and I stress NOT) do that. Very bad things could happen.

Azmaria Dei
02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
I would NOT (and I stress NOT) do that. Very bad things could happen.

very bad things such as exploding batteries and battery acid all over eating through things.

PhoenixReborn
02-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Make sure your voltage is set right.

Azmaria Dei
02-07-2011, 12:35 AM
oh and lithium metals combust on exposure to air. that's also bad.