PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on switchs

Darth Cipher
01-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone,
I've been lurking around in the shadows admiring your build cause personally I haven't had the money to build for awhile. But alas, I have officially graduated from college and have a full time job and managed to scrounge together some change to build a new saber. And ontop of it im starting to get my buddy into sword fighting and might get him to build a saber.
But here is my question for the masters. How does Activation box style 1 work? Do I put a DPDT Slide Switch on the inside? Sorry for the huge noob question. I have been trying for a couple days to figure it out but my internet has been on the fritz so its been a struggle. Also will said switch work on this hilt? If not any recommendations for where to put the switch/what kind of switch to use? Many thanks my friends.

dgdve
01-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Activation box 1 is really for holding a card as more of a decoration(imo) you could put a slide or even a tactile switch in there if you like.. sorry I think I'm still confused as to your whole question but I hope that helps

Jedi-Loreen
01-30-2011, 12:27 PM
I think that pretty much was his question.

I put a slide switch in one of those boxes for a saber that I built for a friend. You slide the card back and forth to turn the stunt saber on or off.

Darth Cipher
01-30-2011, 12:50 PM
yeah that was my question. thanks for the tips, that's what i was thinking.

Azmaria Dei
01-30-2011, 01:38 PM
on another note, that box is made for the outer diameter of the base MHS parts so it might not fit that well on the Mara grip section.

you could do what i did on one saber and use a Mara sleeve, have Tim machine the hole for the box in the double female hilt part under it, and have Tim machine a cutout in the Mara sleeve for the box to fit through so that it rests against the main body part. that'll make it a bit more sleek as well, i think.