PDA

View Full Version : microsoft paint?

scaarmor
12-07-2005, 01:12 AM
I saw a way to make lightsaber ideas in 2d with microsoft pain, however every freakin computer I have ever had doesnt seem to have it. Does anyone know where to download paint, I tried microsoft itself to no avail, or another suitable program? Drawing it all out on 1/4" graph paper is getting a bit old...

Cain

jedi_knight_73
12-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Windows XP has Microsoft Paint. YOu go into your "programs" tab then select "accessories". there you will find a small list of different things and there you will find the paint program. Hope this helps.

jedi_knight_73[:)]

scaarmor
12-07-2005, 01:48 AM
Thats just it, its not there...Dont know why but never has been.

Cain

jedi_knight_73
12-07-2005, 03:17 AM
Cain, do you know of anybody who might have a windows xp installation disk? If they do then you can install it on your computer and then it shoulb be there. It should have been there anyway so there must have been something wrong with the windows program itself. Did you try doing a program search? sometimes you can locate missing files on your computer. try that and see if it works.Get back to me if you have more trouble.[:)]
jedi-knight-73

informalmyx
12-07-2005, 06:40 AM
search for mspaint.exe you might of just lost the icon in your menu

<center>http://home.earthlink.net/~myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

xwingband
12-07-2005, 06:47 AM
Wow! That's all way more difficult than it actually is to get paint on your computer.

Go to the control panel and click on add/remove programs then add/remove windows components. Navigate using the details button through Assesories and check the paint button when you get to it.

If it's already checked searching for the exe file will work as mentioned before otherwise it will be in it's normal spot on the start menu.

scaarmor
12-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Didnt know of anyone with the instalation disc, search ran dry, but was able to instal through add/remmove (Xwing).So a very HUGE thank you to all of you for your help. Now I am all the happier I come to this forum!!!

Cain

informalmyx
12-08-2005, 06:20 AM
dam i didnt know that was there thanx xwing

<center>http://home.earthlink.net/~myxmyth/infomyx.jpg
"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

Corbin_Das
12-11-2005, 02:47 AM
Hi guys.
MS Paint works fairly well for the 2D renders, but you can use the same technques on other programs too. I don't know if the tutorial you mentioned was the one I posted on the ASAP board or not, but I've used several of the techniques wit Photoshop, Image Pro and a couple others.

Corbin Das

Corbin_Das@Hotmail.com

xwingband
12-11-2005, 08:14 AM
Sweet. Corbin finally made his way over here. Welcome! Your help will invaluable to these saber makers.[:D]

scaarmor
12-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Yes, I was reffering to the ASAP board as the source of the tutorial I found and have since used it to create what can be found on the MISC-prototype hilt post on this forum. Thank you Corbin for the tutorial it has helped emensly with my prototyping...

Cain