PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme chrome on a copper saber hilt?

Luar Selbor
01-15-2011, 03:11 PM
If I got the Xtreme chrome on a copper hilt will it look chrome?

Azmaria Dei
01-15-2011, 03:21 PM
first off, the parts here are aluminum, not copper. second off, please see the pictures of extreme chrome PC. that's what it looks like.

Luar Selbor
01-15-2011, 03:58 PM
No... I made a custom hilt out of copper just like the Elite sabers that Ultra Sabers had in the past. I was wondering how the Xtreme Chrome would look on a copper saber. I would like it to look chrome but don't know if that is possible or not.

Azmaria Dei
01-15-2011, 11:16 PM
you'll have to email Tim and see if he'll do it on your parts for you. you're likely going to have to find someone else to do it though. as for what it looks like, i'm pretty sure that extreme chrome thread picture still applies...

i have to ask though... why did you make a hilt out of copper?

Sunrider
01-16-2011, 09:34 AM
And if you went to the expense of a copper hilt why cover it with chrome which you could have gotten from a cheap sink tube?

Jedi-Loreen
01-16-2011, 12:31 PM
If his saber is modeled after an older Ultrasaber design, then it's made out of copper pipes. Not machined from copper, which kind of sounds like what Sunrider might be thinking.

xl97
01-17-2011, 10:10 AM
without everyone trying to push their opinions..

unless the powder coat is a TRANS.. or built/made to have a specific BASE color..

it will cover the part and look like it should..

this all being said.. some PC chromes (to me) come out looking more like 'silver paint'..

trans colors (usually) need a flawless chrome base to 'work good'..

some PC chromes require a chrome base..or even a BLACK base..