PDA

View Full Version : Chips and sound...

Chuber
07-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi... Some of you already know me, I am from Argentina and i 'm building mi first saber. It will have no sound, but i began to look up a way to include sounds in mi next sabers. Here in Argentina, the Hasbro sabers are very expensive (USD 70), and it's difficult to get one. So i was looking another way. I thought taht there are a lot of cheap toys that have sounds like dolls and teddy bear, that 'speak' or reproduces recorded sounds. The chips and circuits these toys use are not very expensive. I was looking in the web and found the ISD1420 chip that record 20 seconds of sound. I thought i cuold record and play the sound of saber ignition and the sound when i turn it on with this chip, a speaker and an adecuate circuit. Did anyone try to assemble any sound circuit like the one i mentioned? It would be cool to find another way to reproduces saber's sound... If anyone is interested reply this... This and next month i will show you my experiences with this stuff
Thank you and good luck, and pardon my english, jajaja...
Chuber

Do-Clo
07-25-2006, 08:24 PM
It will be interesting to see how it turns out, post your results, and your english is pretty darn good.

<center>http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/DoCloSig.jpg</center>
<center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
<center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Enolmano
07-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Sounds really nice...[8D]

I'm a fourteen year old swedish teenager...so be patient...