PDA

View Full Version : Couple PC questions

the_black_smudge
12-29-2010, 05:17 PM
Hey all, these questions are maunly for Strydur but feel free to chime in with any thoughts.
On the choke style 3, is it possible to only powder coat the middle portion? (the beveled or curved part) and leave the ends alone? Also, what about polishing the non PC parts of a piece? In the past I have polished pieces with a buffing wheel and compound on a bench grinder, would this need to be done before the powder coating? It seems to me that unless I was insanely careful and precise, it would frak up the powder coating finish. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Silver Serpent
12-30-2010, 07:30 AM
You'll need to email Tim (Strydur) about that, but should be possible for him to do that powder coating. It's my understanding that he will PC the entire part, then put it back on the lathe to remove the PC from the undesired locations. Any polishing would need to be done after the PC in that case. I don't know if he offers a polishing service.

dgdve
12-30-2010, 08:20 AM
try the "contact us" at the tcss website He doesnt have a scheduled time for the forums so he may be here or not for days. I hope that helps

JRD1
12-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Wether or not Tim would do it or not is totally up to him, however I agree it would be easier to polish and cover the portions you want polished and PC after the fact... Just my 2 cents...

cardcollector
01-01-2011, 10:24 AM
It is my understanding that TCSS does not offer a polishing service at this time... You can always ask though.