PDA

View Full Version : Saber switch tosses, spinning during dueling and breaking timing - by Caine

Caine Drathul
12-28-2010, 03:08 PM
Happy Holidays, folks!

The past few months have seen some pretty cool posts and discussions on FX-Sabers on this topic, and it's always great to hear other people's perspectives and experiences with their dueling and saberplay. I just thought I would elaborate on my views on certain topics that have been brought up to give you all some more insight on my style of saber combat, and how the techniques are tangible to real martial arts. For example:

Switch tosses can be used in a duel.
Spins have their places in duels, too.
How these break an opponent's timing, and how that is translated from sport martial arts.

All these techniques (and MUCH more) will be taught in detail on mine and Novastar's Saber Combat DVD, which will be released sometime in 2011.

and of course....I like a good discussion, so please comment away. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFWrSASiN6o

JamoUp
12-28-2010, 03:36 PM
cool video. you explain how the flourish and spin could be used in real fighting very well. Now i need to get my wife to practice with me.
jus like you said: "life's short... saberplay HARD!"

Azmaria Dei
12-28-2010, 05:14 PM
i just saw the subscription warning and watched it. ^_^ very nice and informative. thanks for all the info! i look forward to your DVD coming out soon.