PDA

View Full Version : How do you take apart an Ultrasabers dominix V2 - noob

Palladian
12-28-2010, 10:16 AM
I've searched and looked over the forums for a while but can't find any info on how to get the electronics out of the Dominix V2 (i.e. metal hilt version).

I'd love to take out the purple LED, button etc ready for putting it into my MHS bits that will come soon.

Anyone taken one of these apart without breaking it???

Thanks for healp in advance :-)

Skottsaber
12-28-2010, 11:20 AM
The easiest way is to twist the switch and try to loosen the nut.

However, you do realise that the LED will not just be purple.
You will have to wire it in a way to mix the 3 dice for purple. If you are a noob as your post title says, then this may not be easy at first glance.

Palladian
12-28-2010, 11:53 AM
So the guarded part of the switch just unscrews, or do you mean I have to go on the inside to unscrew it first?

I realise that there may be more than one LED i.e. blue and red that may have some sort of current control or something to make sure the frequency gives a purple colour. But I'm assuming it'll stay purple as long as I simply port all the wires etc straight over to the new build - so I'm not worried about that really

Ah got it, it unscrews from the outside :-)

Came apart really easy after I got the switch out.

Funny how you don't try things for fear of damaging your precious possessions lol

Skottsaber
12-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Hi, please refrain from double or triple posting as it clogs up threads. You can use the edit button to modify your posts ;)

Glad to see everything worked out and good luck on your MHS.