PDA

View Full Version : Yet another noob

Palladian
12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi all,

Been reading this site for a few weeks now and looking forward to building sabers for many years to come lol!

Silver Serpent
12-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the boards! Glad to see you've been reading lots. Looking forward to seeing your builds.

Take your time, think things through, do lots of research, and you'll have a great time with this hobby (until your wallet gets emptied)

iamdrake
12-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Welcome to the board, have tons of fun!!

(until your wallet gets emptied)

And that can happen VERY quickly!!!

Azmaria Dei
12-28-2010, 01:02 PM
welcome! congrats on your new hobby and thank you for reading! ^_^

Lord Dottore Matto
12-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Welcome ;)

Palladian
12-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

Friendly bunch ;-)

dgdve
12-30-2010, 05:13 AM
Heya, Welcome(blah blah)..

First let me share a few things that I really think will help you get into the hobby and start running right away!! Everyone is already going to say read read read, but what does that really mean? there are THOUSANDS(upon thousands) of posts.... How about this, just read EVERY sticky in EVERY topic, easy(its much much smaller and is actually super informative). You see the logic behind this is... If you have a question chances are I've had that problem, and others before us.. and so on.. basically ANY question that has been asked more then 3 times = the answers are ALL in the stickies(thats kinda how they become stickies).

I hope that helps you along the path towards your first build, another thing is (after 2 weeks) you can use the chat/shoutbox, If you have a question and your afraid to post it for fear of the backlash or if you have a design idea or just want to know (how this?, or why that?), post it in the chat/shoutbox.. You'll find everyone here is helpful and everyone has a different perspective, so come on out.. one last piece of advice(sry I'm longwinded)

****Get a MULTIMETER, it will be your most useful tool(seriously)****