PDA

View Full Version : Parts List for Hyndarus Mk I

Waek_Hyndarus
12-19-2010, 12:38 AM
Christmas is coming, and I was given the opportunity to finally return to the saber scene. I'll be ordering the parts soon...like...tomorrow soon! Let me know what ya'll think!

Main Body

- Double Female Grooved without holes
- MHS Ribbed extension
- Pommel Style 10
- Insert Style 12
- Choke style 1 short
- Blade Holder #18
- Latching Red LED AV Switch
- AV switch bezel

Guts

- Luxeon Rebel Star Green
- Three feet of various colored wire
- 3.9ohm 5w resistor
- 220ohm 1/4w resistor
- 4 AAA battery holder

Misc

- Heatsink Shim for Rebel
- Rebel lens holder
- 8.7 degree Lens
- Belt Clip
- MPS Clip
- 8-32 x 1/8" set screw
- LED Trans White Show Blade 1" OD (34") with standard, reflective tip.
- 1 foot of 1/8" adhesive heatshrink

Power Source will be regular AAA batteries. I may hook it up with an Eco Board later on, but just the glowing blade will do for now. This will make initial wiring very, very simple. Any corrections? Last minute suggestions? I'm really happy with the fact I can make a nice looking saber in the style I've wanted and stay under $180. I'll call that a win!

Azmaria Dei
12-19-2010, 02:57 AM
welcome back! it sounds like you have a good plan to go for. what length are you going to use on the grooved DF?

dgdve
12-19-2010, 05:36 AM
My thing is IF your going to add sound later (which will make the buck puck optional) why not just go with a simple direct drive resistor set up, it will be cheaper for now and later when you add sound you just replace the old resistor with the new one(based on which board and battery set up you use) but you'd be good to go! (and instead of an wasting money on a puck you dont need, you just have an extra resistor).

Only real trade off is the resistor drive will dim as your batteries die but the puck keeps voltage regulated (but really who cares). In my mind if we can help you save some money it gets you that much closer to your sound option. I hope this helps

Waek_Hyndarus
12-19-2010, 09:23 AM
My thing is IF your going to add sound later (which will make the buck puck optional) why not just go with a simple direct drive resistor set up, it will be cheaper for now and later when you add sound you just replace the old resistor with the new one(based on which board and battery set up you use) but you'd be good to go! (and instead of an wasting money on a puck you dont need, you just have an extra resistor).

Only real trade off is the resistor drive will dim as your batteries die but the puck keeps voltage regulated (but really who cares). In my mind if we can help you save some money it gets you that much closer to your sound option. I hope this helps

Saving money is always a great idea. My one problem is that I can't seem to find the voltage for a rebel - other than than it is 700Ma. So the buck puck takes the guesswork for me out of the equation that I'd have to do with the resistor. I tried using the calculator, but it does not have the Rebel input into it. Nor does it have anything comparable. The Lux V uses 700Ma, but the voltage is way higher. Seoul P4 is supposedly similar, but runs off a higher milliamp buckpuck (1000Ma).

EDIT: Aha! I found a resistor calculator! If I could just have someone double check this? According to the store, the Green rebel works at 700Ma, with a forward voltage of 3.4v. Using a 6v battery pack, I should need a 3.9 ohm 1.5watt resistor? Now the problem is...the store only has 5w and 10w resistors in the 3.9ohm.

th hunter
12-19-2010, 07:33 PM
dont quote me on it, but i was told just to go to the one up from what it says/ dont have so if it is 1.5 id say go to 5w but im not 100% sure we will see when someone else chimes in here :)

Azmaria Dei
12-19-2010, 09:13 PM
yeah just bump up to the 5W resistor - too much is good but not enough is bad. and overkill like that will reduce overall heating and give your wiring greater longevity. something like 380 years as opposed to 379. ^_^

Waek_Hyndarus
12-19-2010, 09:14 PM
Ok, hopefully this is correct.

- The resistor to the main LED (Rebel Green) is a 3.9ohm 5w
- The resistor to the switch LED is a 220ohm 1/4w

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/WyoWolf17/AVSwitchwire.jpg

th hunter
12-19-2010, 09:19 PM
thanks azmaria i thought thats what it was and as for the wiring chart i am not going to say anything for i have been wiring all my stuff wrong :)

Azmaria Dei
12-19-2010, 09:26 PM
thanks azmaria i thought thats what it was and as for the wiring chart i am not going to say anything for i have been wiring all my stuff wrong :)

you're learning and it shows. ^_^

Waek - check the other thread you have on this - i have a text wiring layout for you there.

Waek_Hyndarus
12-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Wiring diagram fixed. And parts have already shipped! A huge thank you to Tim for being so dang fast!