PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming screw-together hilts - ?s & comments

Jedi Ranger
12-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Tim, regarding the soon-to-be-released and MUCH antisipated screw-together hilts....

Will we be able to request custom grooves machined into the hilts? Example: grooves to possibly insert rubber o-rings or epoxy/paint at a later time?

Will you offer a set number of variable options, or will they ONLY ship plain, as they are in the prototype pics?

How thick will the wall be on the main hilt section?

About the LED holder end: does the LED heatsink plate "float" so the wires don't get twisted up when screwing on the emitter cap? Or is the heatsink attached (screwed) to the emitter, just like on your current LED emitter/heatsink units?

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

Strydur
12-06-2005, 07:59 PM
I will offer and you could also request custom work yes

The heatsink floats

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Jedi Ranger
12-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Coolios!!!![8D][8D]

I can't wait! And I'm sure I'm not the only one![;)][:D]

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

taekwonno
12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Whats the diameter of the screw in LED blade holder.

I want to make a custom LED saber, but I want to machine a hilt myself, so I wondering what the diameter of the screw in blade holder is, since you are out of stock of the other ones.

Thanks.

Strydur
12-09-2005, 03:46 PM
It is slightly under 1.5" but it does not come with a way to mount the heatsink to it since the screw together system sandwichs that between the hilt and blade holder.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

suit_man
12-09-2005, 04:16 PM
tim, i was wondering if it would be possible to get a main hilt body that is a foot long and is only threaded on one end. i also would like to know if it would be possible to get a pommel that only comes out of the hilt about an 1/8" or so. if possible to do there things, how much would it cost? i am guessing that it wouldn't cost much more, if any more because i only need one end to be threaded and i don't want a hole drilled in the hilt, but what do i know? i'd like to know because i am either gonna build a graflex replica or convert a MR fx after Christmas and would like to figure out which it is gonna be sometime soon. thanks [:)]

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber