PDA

View Full Version : My Friends, son's saber

Darth Midian
12-18-2010, 02:49 PM
I felt like one of Santa's elves today. I just finished this saber for my buddies 10 year old son. It's going to be his Christmas present. His Name happens to be Luke. Yes,my freind named him after Luke Skywalker.:p All pvc construction except for the bunny ears, those are thin aluminium, blue Lux III led, 5 degree lens, copper end cap heat sink, 2.2 ohm 5 watt resistor, standard switch, 1 of each red,black & aluminium TCSS screws. Trans white thick walled blade w/out cello. It's powered by 4 AAA batteries.

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/DMidian/Lightsabers/saber68.jpg

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/DMidian/Lightsabers/saber69.jpg

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/DMidian/Lightsabers/saber70.jpg

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/DMidian/Lightsabers/saber71.jpg

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/DMidian/Lightsabers/saber72.jpg

iamdrake
12-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Now that is just cool. I really like the perforated holes with the blade shining through. Bravo.

Darth Midian
12-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Thank you. My friend can't wait to give it his boy.

bk_renesis
12-18-2010, 04:14 PM
That is just too cool! Your PVC sabers rock bro, they are at a whole other level.

Loachri MacTalabh
12-18-2010, 06:36 PM
WOW! You did a great job. I'm sure he will love it. I would have, the only lightsaber that was around when I was a kid, was a Hasbro all plastic red tube with a black hilt. Seems like such a long time ago.

Azmaria Dei
12-18-2010, 06:54 PM
thaat is really good. the holes in the vents like that are a very nice touch.

cardcollector
12-18-2010, 08:10 PM
This is Very nice- I wouldn't of used that kind of switch, but I love everything else about it! :cool:

Doc B
12-18-2010, 09:40 PM
Well done, sir! I'm filing this one under "designs to inspire future ideas."

dgdve
12-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Now THAT will stand up to some 10yr old saberplay(they are way harder on a saber than us).. Very Impressive and sturdy enough for a youngling.. I didnt see if you'd decided to kinda perma set the blade based on the fact that class 3 lasers and kids are a bad mix? but.. I'm super impressed at the lines and the "windowed section"

Rafalema
12-19-2010, 06:02 AM
I'm sure he'll love it.

Awesome PVC-saber :cool:

Darth Midian
12-19-2010, 08:33 AM
This is Very nice- I wouldn't of used that kind of switch, but I love everything else about it! :cool:
Thank you guys. I'm not sure who's going to like it more, Luke or his father. My friend has the Quinlan Vos, so they can duel together. Cardcollector. I've tried using the guarded switches before on pvc. With the switch in the middle of 1" pvc it's a real pain to tighten the nut on the switch. I normally use the switch bezel with this switch but Tim is out of stock right now. When he get's more I'm going to order one for it. Again thank you guys.

cardcollector
12-19-2010, 09:48 AM
ok, just so you know, I drill a 7/16" hole and force the gaurded switch into it. It is super solid and not goin' anywhere. I've done this about 20 times and not had one problem. :)

JRD1
12-19-2010, 01:45 PM
DM, nice saber bro, I have one I will be showwing soon as well!

Darth Midian
12-19-2010, 01:56 PM
ok, just so you know, I drill a 7/16" hole and force the gaurded switch into it. It is super solid and not goin' anywhere. I've done this about 20 times and not had one problem. :)

Great tip Cardcollector, thank you. I'm going to have to try that. I remember I spent about 45 mins. messing with the switch on my wifes saber. Very frustrating, but that's all part of the learning process. Again, thank you.
JR, can't wait to see it.

RevengeoftheSeth
12-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Excellent work, amigo! Diggin' the under-shroud work and the overall theme. I like the hand-grips too!

JRD1
12-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Great tip Cardcollector, thank you. I'm going to have to try that. I remember I spent about 45 mins. messing with the switch on my wifes saber. Very frustrating, but that's all part of the learning process. Again, thank you.
JR, can't wait to see it.

Another trick is to make your own bezel out of leftover blade stock and mad dremel-fu. I have done it but not used it yet, so it can be done. My only concern is painting it. You could also swap the blade stock for PVC in the right size and do the same thing. You have to go to a ACE or TRU-Value to get that size though.

Darth Midian
03-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Cardcollector, thank you for that tip. I have tried your idea twice know, & it works great. Thank you again.

jin starkiller
03-07-2011, 09:07 PM
awsome saber DM ...thats why we call you the master of pvc...:D

cardcollector
03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Cardcollector, thank you for that tip. I have tried your idea twice know, & it works great. Thank you again.

You are welcome, I learned the trick from Fender... So thank him. That's what this hobby is about isn't it? ;)

Darth Midian
03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
You are welcome, I learned the trick from Fender... So thank him. That's what this hobby is about isn't it? ;)

Yes it is. I also thank you Fender. :)