PDA

View Full Version : so i have every thing i need but......

th hunter
12-15-2010, 07:42 PM
i dont have a buck puck but could i just use some resistors for my hasbro soundboard?? and how efficiant would it be? i have everything but the buck puck and dont want to wait for it in the mail... is there ne local stores that typically carry them??? im putting it together now so urgent info is necessary thank you my setup is 4 nimh batteries AAA ans i have the tip42 trans, 5v regulator... hasbro vader board, cheap speaker, av momentary switch, and a lux red/orange led and a 2.2 ohm resistor. i dont think the resistor is right what resistors do i need and for which parts i really suck at this plz help ......

Silver Serpent
12-16-2010, 06:02 AM
Radio Shack may have the resistors you need. It just depends on your local store, some have more stock than others.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/wiringbuilder/wiring.aspx will tell you which resistor you will require. Just determine the voltage of your battery pack, and select that voltage and your LED from the dropdowns. (Hint: nimh batteries are usually 1.2v each. 1.2v * number of batteries = total voltage)

dgdve
12-16-2010, 07:04 AM
you mentioned your using 4(aaa) nimh=4.8v as Silver pointed out, that means you DONT need your 5v regulator. Also of importance is the LED type.. you said Lux red but do you mean Lux I or Lux III (as they have different fwd voltages so require different resistors). My advice is to be patient(yes I know it sux) but I doubt seriously your local RS is going to have the resistor you need(they may have one that works, essencially underdriving your LED which is good for durability but BAD for brightness) but you must be patient and just go with what feels right.. and right now to me.. its seems like you should wait.. finish looking at your wiring BEFORE you do anything rash.. but yeah lets drop the voltage regulator and see where else we can make changes at.. It will happen.. just dont rush

th hunter
12-16-2010, 10:28 AM
alright so i have 4.8 volts and dont need the regulator, however i have 4 nimh AA as well i just am not using them becuz i dont have the AA bettery pack lol... .. the ohms how does that meak a difference in the resistors i have a 2.2 ohms resistor can i use that at all??... nvm this at all i figured it all out :) thank you everyone.. the only prob is i still dont know what resistor to use on my momentary switch ??? that snt on the chart lol i correct myself i thinnk it was lol nvm