PDA

View Full Version : plz help dont know what supplies i need first saber

th hunter
12-14-2010, 09:45 PM
hello these are the parts i have i need to know what i need yet i want full sound swing sensors clash but dont know nething about wiring or what i need to wire .. so this is what i have so far
x1mhs basic hilt
x1 av switch
x1 4 aaa battery pack
x1 hasbro sound board
x1 lux III orange/red led
x4 aaa nimh batteries

lol that is all i have and i need it to work ... i dont know what i need for transistors or nething like that what is listed is what i have but i can order nething else i need so plz help ... you guys are my only hope

polarcupz
12-14-2010, 09:51 PM
hello these are the parts i have i need to know what i need yet i want full sound swing sensors clash but dont know nething about wiring or what i need to wire .. so this is what i have so far
x1mhs basic hilt
x1 av switch
x1 4 aaa battery pack
x1 hasbro sound board
x1 lux III orange/red led
x4 aaa nimh batteries

lol that is all i have and i need it to work ... i dont know what i need for transistors or nething like that what is listed is what i have but i can order nething else i need so plz help ... you guys are my only hope

Hasbro sound board, as in the economy cheap or a hasbro FX.
If it is the economy cheap, you need a tip42 PNP transistor.
Is you AV switch momentary? It needs to be momentary for the economy board.
If you have the FX, it needs to be latching.
If it is lit, you are going to need a resistor to protect the led in the switch.

Wires and heat shrink are always good to have.

Hope this helps. :D

equinox13
12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
if you're using an econo board, you'll need a 5V regulator as well.

what about the hilt parts? are you using PVC or MHS or sinktube? do you have a design in mind already?

th hunter
12-14-2010, 09:56 PM
lol my im not sure what it is how do u know the difference between latching momentary? it does have the red led ring on it tho and can i wire the lux III to the eco board?

RattleHornet
12-14-2010, 09:58 PM
You need BuckPuck or register for LED.
If you use Hasbro electronic lightsaber sound board, you need PNP type transistor(TIP42).

th hunter
12-14-2010, 09:59 PM
and the hilt parts are all mhs parts i have a idea and my bother inlaw is going to do the powder coating

th hunter
12-14-2010, 10:04 PM
thank you guys ... very quik responses kudos

polarcupz
12-14-2010, 10:07 PM
You should edit your post instead of double posting.

Check out the diagram on this page for wiring your eco board. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10288-2010-Electronic-Lightsaber-w-DVD-Tutorial
As far as the momentary vs latching, check your parts list from TCSS. It should show which one you purchased. Other threads show how to wire the AV switch and led in it.

equinox13
12-14-2010, 10:18 PM
here's a couple more diagrams to look at with the econo board that i haven't tucked into the main thread yet.

with recharge port, buckpuck, and lit AV switch
without recharge port

the battery can be replaced with whatever you plan on using - in this case 4AAA NiMH which will put out max of ~5.2V and nominally 4.8V - the wiring for the rest stays the same unless you're using a resistor for your LED, in which case you should refer to the main diagram for the main LED wiring.

polarcupz
12-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Thanks Equinox. I seem to be missing the little things!

equinox13
12-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks Equinox. I seem to be missing the little things!

that's why i'm here at times. ^_^

th hunter
12-15-2010, 12:18 AM
how do i go about wiring a accent led to this hasbro board... would it be the led wire coming off the board as it shows in the last diagrams on page 1???

equinox13
12-15-2010, 12:39 AM
please look at the diagrams i posted in this thread - the proper wiring for accent/switch LEDs is in both of them.

dgdve
12-15-2010, 06:34 AM
when you wire your accent Led use the original led + off the board but DO NOT use the negatives off the board (run them ALL to the tip42 base, emitter comes FROM the battery +, collector goes out TO the main Led).. run the - from the accent led back to ground. Now when your board is switched on so is your main and accent led's. Remember your meter and use proper resistors if you need them.. I hope this helps and YES go read and re read the hasbro econ thread before you start your wiring

th hunter
12-15-2010, 02:49 PM
so i have the vader sound board is it the same as what equinox posted for the obiwan???? and how do i go about wiring the clash sensor?

equinox13
12-15-2010, 08:51 PM
the vader and obi boards are the same wiring, just a slightly different layout and different dimensions.

th hunter
12-16-2010, 12:04 AM
thank you very much what resistors do i use? i have 4.8 nimh batteries the diagram with the 2.1mm input and lux III led i dont want to get a buckpuck so i guess what im asking is what resistors would be used in place of the buck puck thank you ... if i can use resistors instead of the buckpuck i can have it built and pics posted tomrow thank you :) actually check that mostly built tomrow for i need a bezel yet and ran out of money to order one so i will have to wait untill then but i can post pics without the bezel or powder coating

equinox13
12-16-2010, 04:02 AM
the resistor chart is here.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/wiringbuilder/wiring.aspx

just leave out the buckpuck and put in the resistor that the chart tells you to use based on the color of LuxIII you're using, which is a 1.2 ohm 3 watt.

th hunter
12-16-2010, 10:46 AM
do i need a different regulator or just drop that regulaor in general ???? once i know this im done !!!!! on to powder coating then woot woot

equinox13
12-16-2010, 07:15 PM
no you don't need the regulator. the NiMH will put out a level that's ok with the econo boards.