PDA

View Full Version : Parts for my basic saber

Loachri MacTalabh
12-13-2010, 03:20 PM
These are the parts I plan on ordering, please keep in mind the hilt body is going to be made out of a sinktube.
Parts;
MPS Pommel style 3 v2
Screw on LED blade holder style 18
MHS choke style 3
1" Thick walled Polycarbonate 40" long
Shouldered 1" thick walled blade tip with reflective disc
Seoul P4 (Green)
Nickel Plated Momentary Switch
MPS Insert style 4(now),MPS Insert style 1(later)
MPS Clip
2 Wire quick connector(2)
Have already bought 2 MHS to 1.5" sink tube adapter

Not too sure what battery setup to use. Will read and see if I can find a thread that discusses that. I am working on a plan drawing, will post it in the appropriate thread when I am done.

equinox13
12-13-2010, 03:36 PM
you don't have a sound card listed so i'm going to assume this is a stunt saber. that being said, you'll need a pololu or something to convert the mom switch to latching so the LED will stay on.

as for the battery setup, i would use a single Li-Ion 18650 with in-hilt recharge (personal preference). the voltage is almost perfect for the P4 green and you don't have to swap batteries at all.

Loachri MacTalabh
12-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Equinox13, thank you for your in put. I did not list a Sound card, reason being right now it seems nobody is selling them. I do plan on retrofitting it at a later date. I picked that switch because it looked more streamline. I am open to any switches you can suggest.

equinox13
12-13-2010, 05:29 PM
well personally i love the lit AV switches - either latching or momentary with a pololu board to make it latching. the switch you have listed is good, but you'll need to convert it to latching either way.

the pololu board can be found here. http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/751

also, for mounting, you'll want a bezel for the latching version and a countersunk hole service for the momentary version.

ecko
12-13-2010, 05:57 PM
also, for mounting, you'll want a bezel for the latching version and a countersunk hole service for the momentary version.

You can use the bezel on the latching or the momentary switches, they are the same (at least the DPDT's are the same length).
It's the new shorter Momentary switches (SPST) that won't fit with the bezel (says so in the store).

But since he is using sink tube it may fit since the od is smaller...maybe - don't quote me on that, just a guess.

Loachri, if you are not opposed to modding as you go and it's just a stunt, you could get the Seoul P4 electronic kit
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Build-Your-Own-Seoul-P4-Electronics-Kit-P469.aspx
Start simple and work up from there.

Loachri MacTalabh
12-13-2010, 06:33 PM
@Equinox13; I look up the pololu board, and looks like it won't take up much room. Thanks!

@ecko; Thanks for your suggestion, I just might do that.