PDA

View Full Version : Soundboard and speaker (i hope this is the right place for this)

JediRyan
12-13-2010, 04:19 AM
so here's my problem i am making my own fx lightsaber and i am have purchased a MR Build your own lightsaber kit soundboard and speaker my only problem is keeping them together for power to flow but have been unable to make that a reality i have tried using electrical tape to hold them in place with minimal success have enough power to make the LED turn on and stay on but not enough for sound and if i move the speaker the sound comes to life then move the whole thing then the sounds shut off so how do i get them to stay together to work properly.

Skottsaber
12-13-2010, 04:29 AM
Wait, you did solder your speaker to the soundboard wires, right? :shock:

JediRyan
12-13-2010, 05:05 AM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/MR%20Force%20FX%20Construction%20Set%20Lightsaber% 20Sound%20Board%20picture/simplytoys/Master%20Replicas/SW-616_07.jpg

heres the soundboard

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q169/AJFenderBender/?action=view&current=096-5.jpg

heres the speaker

the soundboard is the cylinder thing the blade is inserted into. i have only these two parts because i am making my own pike and the soundboard and speaker wont stay together.

equinox13
12-13-2010, 11:24 AM
i have no idea what this is or where you got it... it's an MR build your own lightsaber kit? in that case, have you read the directions that it had to have come with?

also, please do not double post - just edit your last post with the new information.

Lord Maul
12-13-2010, 11:30 AM
Oh, I think I get it. You are building a saber pike and want to use the MR Joe Jedi sound board. You want to keep the stock battery/soundboard housing though. The way the stock setup works is the pommel pushes against the battery pack making contact with the sound board pins. I think you'll be better off removing the sound board from its stock housing and then wiring in a new batterypack and speaker.

JediRyan
12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
yes Lord Maul that's hitting the nail on the head my only problem is what do i do with the battery pack and speaker i have is there a way i can wire them together cause i don't want to waste it.

Lord Maul
12-14-2010, 12:06 AM
Umm I wouldn't bother trying to wire them together. Just build a new pack, it's not that hard.