PDA

View Full Version : Newrepublicjedi's Second build

NewRepublicjedi
12-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Here is my second build, I am going for a polished look, most of the parts are on the way now. The only thing i am still in need of is some MHS Sleeve material. I want to use the thicker stuff and not sink tubing. The only thing you cant see in this pic is on the top under the sleeve I am cutting out a part out of the ribbed extension and mounting a type 2 PLI.

The first av switch will activate power to the saber, turning on the switch LED's and the PLI. The second av switch will trigger the 07 FX board turning on the sound and blade. i want to be able to trigger them independently because this is going to be my costuming saber.

Its going to be a really tight fit but iv been playing with it and it looks like everything will fit. however battery changes will be a pain. But with the PLI i wont have to do it till its really needed.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/67802_177005262328089_100000558487697_501225_15024 76_n.jpg

Edit: Finished the saber (3-1-11)
Made a new post in the Gallery

dgdve
12-11-2010, 08:51 AM
very nice render, keep us posted on your progress

NewRepublicjedi
12-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Photoshop rocks, is all I have to say.

Sairon
12-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Coolio design I can't wait to see it come to light literally lol. Lol photoshop, ms paint ftw pixel by pixel!

Arkhan
12-21-2010, 07:49 AM
if you used a kill key, you could allow the PLI and switch LED to activate upon kill key removal, and then use the second switch as an auxillary clash. Something to consider.

NewRepublicjedi
12-21-2010, 08:50 AM
That's what the first av switch is for Actualy. To activate the PLI and the LEDs I mean. Thx for the input though arkhan. On a side note the last parts are in the mail for the hilt so I'll start posting up some progress pics soon.

Crystal Chambers
12-23-2010, 05:19 AM
Not only could a killkey activate your PLI and accent LEDs but would serve as a recharge port so you wouldn't have to change batteries. I put them in stunt sabers even. I kinda worry about the stress on wires and solder joints and a port eliminates all that. The other handy thing about the overlay on the vgrip is you can vent sound out of it which feels nice on the hand too. I don't have one saber with a speaker in pommel. It just never made sense to me. The sleeve material is well worth the wait and now back in stock! I love that stuff.

NewRepublicjedi
12-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Yeah I have some in the mail right. After it gets in I'll be starting a build log for this saber.