PDA

View Full Version : Title Edited, 'twas my fault to begin.

Philadin
07-17-2006, 09:48 AM
Man I hate to be the one to rant. Usually, I'm a nice guy and keep quiet, but I'm heading to a con and these came back today, only one of which I can use.

I sent out an Anaking, EP3 and Luke EP6 for conversions. Asked for them to be rushed, shelled out the extra money for Priority both ways. I get them back today, and they look great, on the outside.

First up, the Anakin - I undo the thumbscrew on the Anakin, and slip out the stock MR blade, which has the krap beaten out of it. So far, so good. I take a blade I ordered from Corbins Components and try to fit it in. No dice right away, so I push harder. Finally, after lining it up perfectly, it slides in... a tiny bit. After pushing heavily on my not-so-washboard-anymore abs, I manage to get it in. Okay, it looks cool and it works. Jiggy. Oh krap. Now I have to get the blade out. After overexerting myself with my hands, I have someone hold the hilt and I yank the blade out (didn't bother thumbscrewing) ... now I wanted to try a TCSS blade but don't feel like going through all that again. Unless I have a gorilla follow me everywhere, I guess this Saber isn't going from a stylish hilt to a full saber within 1-2 minutes.

Secondly, the Luke RoTJ - Okay, the Anakin is bearable, I can put up with that. High hopes for the Luke. I take it out of the box. Cool, looks great. I unscrew the pommel and look in. Exposed wires? Uhh... okay... I flip it over to take out the blade and look at the Luxeon. Something slides inside. [:0] So I examine the Luxeon. It's at an odd angle, and that entire *thing* slides up and down throughout most of the hilt. Furthermore, with the wires sitting between the top of the battery pack and the rest of the electronics, this thing will never work. I was unaware that that sorta thing had to be done, but I'd rather have a few spotty LED's as opposed to one that won't work.

Synopsis - Dissatisfied. The Anakin I can use, but will be a pain to change blades, and the Luke I just can't use period. Normally I'm a nice guy. But when I shell out $75 - $85 for something, I expect it to work when I get it back. I don't know what went wrong, but something did. I guess I'm up the creek without a paddle as far as the Luke is concerned. There goes $200 I'll never get back.

I'll try to get my grievances in photo format shortly. Thank you for hearing the rant, I hope this is in the right forum.

Erik
07-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Before venting yourself here in a very public place, have you at least attempted to settle the problems with UltraSabers? I've heard of people with small problems dealing with some of the vendors here, and have heard decent results when they were contacted directly. There's a place to air honest greivances when all avenues have been exhausted, I'm just not sure this is the place.

"They told me they fixed it!!! It's not my fault!"

james3
07-17-2006, 10:05 AM
Not very tasteful at all. Did you even try to contact Ultra before ranting up in here? From your description it sounds like there may have been a problem with the Luke, could it have been during shipping? As far as the Ani, well it clearly has been stated here as well as other places that the MR blade does not fit like the polycarbonate blades that we normally use, I do believe that he even has on his site that there is an upgrade to use the PolyC. If you have a problem that can't be fixed or you were getting the shaft I would say cut loose but considering that other customers seem to have great service with Ultra then your rant doesn't hold well. It would seem to me that maybe your pissed and just want to jump on every board around to talk smack and that is not cool.

<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/kotor2.jpg</center>

Lord Maul
07-17-2006, 10:19 AM
i haven't actually done buisness with Ultra but from what i've read he's a great guy. the problem with the luke rotj probably happened in shipping. you DEFINITELY shouldn't of insulted his buisness here before you even tried to work it out with him[}:)]

WeirdoTransvestite
07-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Oh noes!!!111 Ultra am made mi$t4k3!!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Misato Katsuragi: The one who deserves to survive is the one who has the will to do so.
-Neon Genesis Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
-Rammstein
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/WeirdoTransvestite/LaughingManROTATE.gif Contains 100% your daily recommended dose of Laughing Man

james3
07-17-2006, 10:54 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WeirdoTransvestite

Oh noes!!!111 Ultra am made mi$t4k3!!!!!!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Huh?

WeirdoTransvestite
07-17-2006, 11:09 AM
Oh no! Ultra made a mistake!

Misato Katsuragi: The one who deserves to survive is the one who has the will to do so.
-Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Rammstein
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a15/WeirdoTransvestite/LaughingManROTATE.gif Contains 100% your daily recommended dose of Laughing Man

Lord Maul
07-17-2006, 11:13 AM
yes, but i'm sure he'll fix it from what i've read about his customer service

james3
07-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Thanks weirdo, you know I get a little slow at times[;)]

Chowser
07-17-2006, 12:01 PM
The Anakin conversions done with the Stock MR blade uses the original holder. If you want to use the polyC tube from TCSS, you're gonna have to wait for Tim to post the blade holder in the store. The polyc tube is thicker than the stock MR. What you can do is sand down part of the polyc tube to fit into the Anakin, some people have done that. I'm just waiting for Tim to post the parts before I switch blades. I've had two Anakin's converted by Ultra last year when he first started doing it and they both still work fine. Now, I'm trying to change one from blue to white and once I get a holder from Tim, I will be using a polyC tube with Corbin's film in it.

Philadin
07-17-2006, 12:05 PM
You know, you could PM instead of flaming me openly.

At least Chowser helped me, and for that, I thank you.

james3
07-17-2006, 12:23 PM
You know, you could have tried to talk to Ultra before coming on to a forum for another store and start flaming him openly.

And yes I am an @$$H0LE and everyone here knows it so from here we can move on.

Philadin
07-17-2006, 12:27 PM
These are the Saber Forums I know. My mistake. But you yelling at me isn't changing anything. I was going to have another mod or something done, but because you want to be a prick, I'm not coming back. You just cost Tim business. Feel smart yet ?

suit_man
07-17-2006, 12:32 PM
yes, i have had my own little problems with ultra, but his customer service in incredibly awesome. a friend of mine bought a saber that he had some problems with it in the LED's and ultra is taking it back no problems. i have to give 50 thumbs up to his customer service.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Wolfshadow
07-17-2006, 12:40 PM
This is where y'all hate me on my first post! [:D]

I'm a lurker. I also have a RoTJ I was considering getting modded by Ultra in the near future. I finally registered and have also heard of my other friends who get sabers done ranting about Ultra for other reasons. (And please excuse me, but I'm a female with some serious anger right now. AKA, PMS.)

Now I'm sorry, but when you shell out extra money for a rush job and expect high quality, you better get it. My fiance has e-mailed Ultra about an Anakin before and he NEVER got back to us. That was already a strike against him in my book, reading the bull that just transpired just eggs me on.

In my own honest opinion, Ultra can make great sabers for his ebay sales (where he has tons of 'em up for sale) but he gets a quick almost-200 to do a quick conversion on two sabers (extra money for that on the rush job!) and he -screws it up-? I would be pissed, too!

The dude has a convention to go to and he only has until like, the 3rd or the 4th to get these two sabers done. Ultra is already flakey with e-mail, this much I know from personal experiance. I can only imagine how he would be on a saber where the customer wasn't thrilled with his half-assed job. If he fixes it, in TIME FOR THE CON, then I would say he's a good person to have mods done by. However, from what I see, he really only puts his all into a saber he plans to e-bay.

Philadin is doing what most consumers do-- a product (or service) he bought is bad- He's alerting the masses, so frankly, people should get off their high horses. If it happened to you, would you not be pissed? Of course you would!

"I have to be to Celebration by (date here) and I need it done, and sending it back to Ultra in AZ and I'm in NY and that takes time and I may not get it back in time!" where as, if the job was done right and an extra week taken to make sure the damned thing gets done, it still would have been enough time to get back to him before his convention!

Say, for example, if he's leaving August 3rd (which sounds about right for a con in early august, that's the wednesday before the first weekend in august, and who knows where he's going-- I know for me, there's a con in Baltimore that weekend that I'm attending, and that's the day I plan to leave! So keep a few days in there for travel) and such, that gives him 16 days- just over 2 weeks- to get the sabers done RIGHT. Keep Priority Mail in mind that will take a 5-6 days for both ways, and you have a little over a WEEK to get them fixed. Obviously he's not going to expect Ultra to uproot his life for a saber, so you have to keep in mind he'll work on it when he can, and lord only knows when that'll be, and if that will be -in time-.

I'm sure he's going to contact Ultra, if he hasn't already. But with a pinched time line like this, and the fact that he TOLD Ultra it needed to be done by a certain time, a half-ass is not worth nearly 200 dollars, rush job or not.

There, I'm done ranting.

Quite frankly, I hope the pictures are up soon so I can feel validated in being pissed off for the guy. [:(!]

Hiya.

james3
07-17-2006, 12:46 PM
By your logic you could cost Tim business as well since Ultra is a big customer of his and therefore his reputation is important for business. I am going to guess that you are either very young or not used to anyone correcting you since there has now been a weak attempt at name calling. Being as I am an overweight redneck who grew up in a military family my skin is probally a bit to tough for mudslinging of this nature. Bottom line is I gave you a response proper to the way you came on here and post publicly how bad something is without trying to handle it professionally.

And for the record there is plenty of indicators that this is a forum for a store so I don't buy the I don't know line.

987654321a
07-17-2006, 01:02 PM
u guys should really think of calming down, somtimes its not ultras fault and sometimes it is, ups isnt that good with delivering clean and normal packages.

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/9995/sithlord6jk8cr.png

Wolfshadow
07-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Well, I speak from personal experiance. Not on Sabers, but I also have my hobbies. One of them is collecting vintage 80s toys and restoring / customizing them. (My Little Ponies, in particular.)

I'm sorry, but on the other shops-with-a-forum I've frequented, if a known customizer / poster does a lousy job for a client / forum poster, the forum poster posts BAD FEEDBACK on the forum and explains WHY and usually shows pictures. (he said he's going to get pictures up today). She also e-mails the customizer, but that doesn't stop her from posting bad feedback, because she paid for it to be done RIGHT, the first time.

If, and only if, the customizer rights the situation is the bad feedback retracted. It's so people in that community do not spend money on someone who will rip them off (which there is alot of, since I've seen certain ponies / toys go on ebay for HUNDREADS, even THOUSANDS of dollars.)

This especially goes true if the pony / toy is a gift for a friend, mother, whomever and was a commission- which is kind of the same situation here.

It's not mudslinging. it's simply BAD FEEDBACK. Are you telling me if he bought this saber from him on ebay, and wasn't satisfied with the workmanship, he would not have a reason to post bad feedback or, at least neutral there, as well, unless he went to Ultra first? No. He has a right to leave bad feedback if he is not satisfied, which he obviously is not.

That's no mudslinging, that's called an upset consumer.

Hiya.

james3
07-17-2006, 01:06 PM
<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/icon_rofl2.gif</center>

<font size="6"><font color="red">Countdown!</font id="red"></font id="size6">Now I know it's bad when of all people you are giving us the voice of reason. Heck of a big smile right here dude you have made my day.

987654321a
07-17-2006, 01:13 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolfshadow

Hiya.

well he should contact ultra himself instead of talkin how his sabers were ruined when they came. i mean we can help him, help him by tellin him to calm down lol.

www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/9995/sithlord6jk8cr.png

xwingband
07-17-2006, 01:14 PM
If a forum responce related to another seller on Tim's forum "costs him customers" then frankly I'm not sweating it because you are trying to blackmail Ultra and Tim in one swoop. This is neither kosher or appreciated.

It is simple that before you post anything that you try any and all options to ammend the issue with Ultra himself. He gets a ton of e-mail so yes, unfortunately there may be delays and missed e-mails. Did you know he owns a physical store front? You can call his store and get a real person and probably Ultra himself. Ultra has a 100% satisfaction policy so he WILL fix this problem. I have heard of him giving a free saber for unsatifactory communication... he will fix this without a doubt.

There are no flames as I see presently. Merely an attempt to tell you haven't explored all of your options and have "jumped the gun". Forums are public and a "warning" if deserved is the last possible option to ever be used.

The Anakin claims are not a big deal either. Tim says his won't fit in as the MR blades and thus holders are a hair under 1". Corbin warned me that his PolyC is slightly larger even still based on the tolerances associated with the manufacturing process.

Until he says he's talked to Ultra I'm inclined to say leave it alone as it can lead to no good for anyone. Do not force me to lock this topic.[xx(]

<center>Read the FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552) or x-wing won't be happy. :(
Before posting did you check the Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577)?.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6703/xwing8az.gif</center>

Do-Clo
07-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I hear a train a cominig, coming down the track[:p][:D][:p]

<center>http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/DoCloSig.jpg</center>
<center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
<center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

xwingband
07-17-2006, 01:20 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolfshadow

Well, I speak from personal experiance. Not on Sabers, but I also have my hobbies. One of them is collecting vintage 80s toys and restoring / customizing them. (My Little Ponies, in particular.)

I'm sorry, but on the other shops-with-a-forum I've frequented, if a known customizer / poster does a lousy job for a client / forum poster, the forum poster posts BAD FEEDBACK on the forum and explains WHY and usually shows pictures. (he said he's going to get pictures up today). She also e-mails the customizer, but that doesn't stop her from posting bad feedback, because she paid for it to be done RIGHT, the first time.

If, and only if, the customizer rights the situation is the bad feedback retracted. It's so people in that community do not spend money on someone who will rip them off (which there is alot of, since I've seen certain ponies / toys go on ebay for HUNDREADS, even THOUSANDS of dollars.)

This especially goes true if the pony / toy is a gift for a friend, mother, whomever and was a commission- which is kind of the same situation here.

It's not mudslinging. it's simply BAD FEEDBACK. Are you telling me if he bought this saber from him on ebay, and wasn't satisfied with the workmanship, he would not have a reason to post bad feedback or, at least neutral there, as well, unless he went to Ultra first? No. He has a right to leave bad feedback if he is not satisfied, which he obviously is not.

Hiya.

It also is a form of blackmail. When the issue hasn't even been addressed yet by the person recieving feedback it is an unstated threat in that it will stay unless you are satisfied.

FEEDBACK is left when the situation is resolved. NOT while it's in progress or not even addressed yet (we don't know what he's done to get in contact with Ultra yet).

If you bought this in a regular store would you post "feedback" before you found out if it could be returned for a working product? No. Crap happens and I've had UPS mess up packages for me before. We don't have evidence yet to rule that out.

<center>Read the FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552) or x-wing won't be happy. :(
Before posting did you check the Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577)?.

james3
07-17-2006, 01:23 PM
You can't lock it now xwing, Countdown made me laugh and we got a newb that wants to fight. This is better then going downtown on a Friday night[}:)][:p]

james3
07-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Do-Clo you callin us out?

<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/James3.jpg</center>

james3
07-17-2006, 01:30 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Hiya.

It also is a form of blackmail. When the issue hasn't even been addressed yet by the person recieving feedback it is an unstated threat in that it will stay unless you are satisfied.

FEEDBACK is left when the situation is resolved. NOT while it's in progress or not even addressed yet (we don't know what he's done to get in contact with Ultra yet).

If you bought this in a regular store would you post "feedback" before you found out if it could be returned for a working product? No. Crap happens and I've had UPS mess up packages for me before. We don't have evidence yet to rule that out.

I am glad xwing took care of this as I tend to throw the finer points of etiquette in to the fire and shoot from the hip and since I have had my own business before I know how hard it is at times so I don't want to hear about feedback bull snitz.

I am going to eat dinner see ya'll later.

naashar
07-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Man. I haven't the words.

You don't need to see any identification.

WeirdoTransvestite
07-17-2006, 02:37 PM
This doesn't need to be locked, it should be deleted.

-Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Rammstein

987654321a
07-17-2006, 02:47 PM
yeah deleted right away this is insulting to ultra.

Philadin
07-17-2006, 02:56 PM
What's insulting to ultra is that he would send this thing back. I just uploaded the pictures. Check them out before you keep flaming, kthx.

987654321a
07-17-2006, 02:59 PM
i know that but maybe it wasnt from ultra at all, like i said in ur other post there is a "mock" ultra, basically sellin bs sabers, and converting bs sabers.

xwingband
07-17-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't think it's insulting... it's just not in good taste. In a ways it's coming out guns blazing to force the issue.

I will not delete it as he has a right to say it, but I think he should have waited until Ultra had a chance to respond and satify him. The ebay comment struck me as to why ebay feedback is broken. Sellers and buyers use it as a weapon. They give negative feedback and threaten to leave it... same here. It's just not in good taste or being reasonable.

reposting this as it doesn't need two topics
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Here we go. These are the pictures. Before you flame me, how about you look at the pictures and see why I'm upset.

http://img318.imageshack.us/img318/7345/p1010001uz9.jpg

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/291/p1010010sl7.jpg

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4681/p1010002dp6.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1723/p1010009nu3.jpg

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/7799/p1010005bn5.jpg

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/4005/p1010007dx6.jpg

And for correction.. I did call ultra. 4 times. My girlfriend left a messase because the rotj was for her and obviously, we can't use it.

Take into consideration that the hardware in the rotj slides up and down the hilt and the blade sits right on the luxeon, it's considered garbage at this point.

I don't rant without reason. This is valid reason.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My question is, how did it fit before you pulled it apart? Obviously it would have fit. I don't see what those wires even go to or how they'd be that much of an issue, wires are small.

To Countdown, obviously it's Ultra as it has a bag with the logo in the picture.

987654321a
07-17-2006, 03:07 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

I don't think it's insulting... it's just not in good taste. In a ways it's coming out guns blazing to force the issue.

I will not delete it as he has a right to say it, but I think he should have waited until Ultra had a chance to respond and satify him. The ebay comment struck me as to why ebay feedback is broken. Sellers and buyers use it as a weapon. They give negative feedback and threaten to leave it... same here. It's just not in good taste or being reasonable.

reposting this as it doesn't need two topics
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Here we go. These are the pictures. Before you flame me, how about you look at the pictures and see why I'm upset.

And for correction.. I did call ultra. 4 times. My girlfriend left a messase because the rotj was for her and obviously, we can't use it.

Take into consideration that the hardware in the rotj slides up and down the hilt and the blade sits right on the luxeon, it's considered garbage at this point.

I don't rant without reason. This is valid reason.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

My question is, how did it fit before you pulled it apart? Obviously it would have fit. I don't see what those wires even go to or how they'd be that much of an issue, wires are small.

To Countdown, obviously it's Ultra as it has a bag with the logo in the picture.

well xwing that fake ultra could just order once from the real ultra and photocopy thousands of those, so i wouldnt be so sure that that was ultra work

Darth Poo Head
07-17-2006, 03:07 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

i know that but maybe it wasnt from ultra at all, like i said in ur other post there is a "mock" ultra, basically sellin bs sabers, and converting bs sabers.

you beat me to it,
Phil check this topic out. It might help explain:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=982&SearchTerms=ebay,ultra

It's not the Jedi way....
http://gallery.wewt.net/albums/Gipes-World/vadermaul.thumb.jpghttp://gallery.wewt.net/albums/Gipes-World/TA_Licence.thumb.jpg
http://gallery.wewt.net/albums/Gipes-World/darth_poo_head_sig_3_06.thumb.jpg

xwingband
07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
That's a bit of a stretch... I'd give them the benifit of the doubt that it's Ultra's stuff. I wouldn't say it's Ultra's fault though *shakes fist at UPS*.

987654321a
07-17-2006, 03:13 PM
i mean first of all anyone, can copy some elses business cards, i mean if people can counterfiet money, then business cards are like a walk in the park. and btw phil are u going to comicon? u must have to be if ur in sucha hurry, and writing this

Philadin
07-17-2006, 03:24 PM
To X-Wing - I ordered the conversions off of UltraSabers.com ... I can send you the e-mails and so forth.

As far as the RoTJ is concerned, that is how it was, when i lifted it from the box. I turned it over a few times, and the electronics and such slid. The wires and so forth, as soon as I removed the battery pack, they were just there. Yes they're small but they still stop the battery pack from fitting into the hilt. Also, I do not believe it could have been a shipping defect because they were sent off and returned in the original MR boxes I bought them in, Styrofoam and all.

As for the Anakin, there's a slight bit of debris in the same chamber as the luxeon, but it doesn't bother me too terribly. The luxeon itself is slightly offcenter, which I can also deal with. However, I do not know how to go about getting a TCSS blade in there.

I'm addressing X Wing because he's being mature and the rest of you just plain aren't.

One more thing, before I get shoved into the pit of flames and bad form (again) ... Once he contacts me back, I will eat the previous posts. All you people happy now ?

987654321a
07-17-2006, 03:28 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Philadin

To X-Wing - I ordered the conversions off of UltraSabers.com ... I can send you the e-mails and so forth.

As far as the RoTJ is concerned, that is how it was, when i lifted it from the box. I turned it over a few times, and the electronics and such slid. The wires and so forth, as soon as I removed the battery pack, they were just there. Yes they're small but they still stop the battery pack from fitting into the hilt. Also, I do not believe it could have been a shipping defect because they were sent off and returned in the original MR boxes I bought them in, Styrofoam and all.

As for the Anakin, there's a slight bit of debris in the same chamber as the luxeon, but it doesn't bother me too terribly. The luxeon itself is slightly offcenter, which I can also deal with. However, I do not know how to go about getting a TCSS blade in there.

I'm addressing X Wing because he's being mature and the rest of you just plain aren't.

One more thing, before I get shoved into the pit of flames and bad form (again) ... Once he contacts me back, I will eat the previous posts. All you people happy now ?

ok first calm down, and everyone on these forums is here to help, ok i know this might sound crazy but maybe someone saw ultra sabers on it and decided to open it and take sum of the stuff and mess it up.

Edit- and btw now that u said u bought from his site, i guess i was wrong bout that fake ultra, cause hes on ebay and i thought u bought from ebay. i know that ultra wouldnt do sucha thing,

WeirdoTransvestite
07-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Off topic: Countdown can you please stop quoting pictures?

-Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Rammstein

987654321a
07-17-2006, 03:30 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WeirdoTransvestite

Off topic: Countdown can you please stop quoting pictures?

-Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Rammstein

its just one quote with a picture u might as well tell xwing to do that too, i was quoting xwing who quoted a picture,

xwingband
07-17-2006, 03:38 PM
I quoted them to make it clear it wasn't my post and pulled from the other topic Philadin created. I deleted that topic and reposted to keep this in one topic. I removed the pics from countdown's post as I know weirdo is bothered by having to scroll more.

Philadin, without having it in front of me I can't say how to make the Luke salvagable other than to say Ultra will do his best to rectify the situation.

As for fitting an upgraded blade, you can sand either the blade or the holder. The holder is preferred as that way you can still use the blade in other sabers without having it be loose there. That'd be kind of silly wouldn't it? Make it fit for one to no longer fit in another, lol.

Wolverine
07-17-2006, 04:41 PM
If I'm not mistaken, The ROTJ sabers that Ultra converts are not meant for the blade to be removed. As far as I know, Tim here at TCSS is the only one besides any "non-vendors" that convert it to do so.
You can see in your pictures, that there is nothing holding the lens in place, thats where the proper blade holder would come in place, also holding the LED lens stationary.
Your problem with the battery holder, and wires are simple, you need to gently push the electronics back up the hilt, and tuck those wires in the alcove (box on the side of the hilt) where they belong. This can be done using your blade, just put it around any of the power contacts. This may all have occurred from removing the set screw, as like I said, to the best of my knowledge, the blades from the ROTJ saber in particular, may have been meant to be unremovabe.

Blasting each other is not going to solve the problem at hand, we all should be trying to help the problem, not add to it. [;)]
That's really what this place is about, and Philadin, Ultra's a great guy, he's got an A+ rep, especially here. He is only human like the rest of us. [;)][^]

<center>http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/VADER/ROTS/MeSig02

Darth Raizzar
-Brotherhood of the Sith-</center>

saber417
07-17-2006, 04:41 PM
yeeee hawwww. Its good to be back . i also agree you should have waited for a response from ultra before posting this.Well it also depends on how many emails you sent him and how long of a wait its been . But to each there own..And im sure ultra buisness isnt hurt anyways no boo boos

987654321a
07-17-2006, 04:50 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolverine

He is only human like the rest of us. [;)][^]

Darth Raizzar

yeah give him a break, he converts thousands of sabers and a few mistakes here and there are legit

xwingband
07-17-2006, 05:26 PM
Okay... after a closer look at the pics

I don't see the trigangle that is supposed to line up the battery pack. It seems that the battery pack needs to be rotated about 90 degrees from the pic. I don't have a Luke ROTJ to compare but it makes sense that the wires should go where the notch is supposed to be.

As I am aware the luke isn't secured with screws in there and it was the blade and switch holding it up there before it was converted. As it was converted it now "floats". I know the blade is supposed to be removable so I don't quite believe Wolverine's statement. Anyone here own an Ultra converted Luke ROTJ to confirm?

Basically I think this is a mis-alignment based on having both the blade and battery pack out. You might have tried it but I think being careful and observant you can realign it all and make it work. The problem with off center LEDs is basically a problem of no TCSS holder too... Tim needs to rescue us for that, lol.[:)]

Philadin
07-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Thank you Wolverine I will try that. It just said on his site that the blades are removable and you can wear just the hilt, so I didn't think there would be a problem.

*tries it* ...

No dice, the LED is at too much of an angle. I didn't attempt the wires, and probably won't until I fix the LED.

I'm not saying Ultra did this on purpose. In fact, I understand mistakes happen, however if he makes good on this issue like everyone says he will, then all the more credit to him. I'll keep everyone updated on what is happening. There was a message left on his contact number's answering machine, and I'm waiting for a response.

I'd like to formally apologize to everyone, for jumping the gun. I was just letting people know that it wasn't what I expected. I see now that that's a crime. I won't do it again, geez. Some of ya'll bark is worse than your Saber.[xx(]

Seriously though, I do apologize. I was hoping everything would be smooth, like another Conversion I had done, and it wasn't. I just ... I dunno, but I'm sorry.

I don't know what to say, past that. Because I know someone will always have some ****y retort.

Sorry TCSS Forums, for creating such a pain in the rear.

Sorry Ultra, for not waiting for you to rectify it.

Wolverine
07-17-2006, 05:52 PM
XWing, as far as the ROTJ conversons from Ultra, I'm just going on what he's told me. It may or may not be the case now, but judging from the pictures, it looks like that is the case.
Philadin -The heatsink looks lodged in at an angle, so you'll have to deal with that before trying to push the electronics back in, and therein may lie the whole problem.
You'll have to back the electronics out, and try dislodging the heatsink to make it set right, then try reinserting the elecronics.
AND -as XWing stated, the battery guide is missing. I can't see from your pictures, if it is lying around anywhere, see if you can find it. [;)]

http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/Sabers/LUKEGUTS

Darth Raizzar

LAN-ED-TUL
07-17-2006, 06:10 PM
all i can say, is i have dealt with ulta a couple times, and he is a true standup guy. i got a soundboard from him, it didnt work, he immediately sent another one no extra charge to me. now thats a guy who stands behind his word. tims the same way, i had a diffuser tube that arrived bent in half and creased up bad, i showed hi a couple pics of it, he sent me another one no charge, another swell guy who stands behind their work and word.

i agree with most of the others here, you should not have come on here blastin ultra without FIRST, contacting him, and seekin a resolution with him.

i never seen anyone,myself included, get something, and its not right, and go blastin someone, without first talking it over with the seller to make it right.

its rude obnoxious and BAD FORM SNITZ TOO!!!

<center>http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/LANSIG.jpg</center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Philadin
07-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Quote myself -

I don't know what else to say at this point because I know someone is always going to have some ****y retort.

- end quote, not verbatim.

That goes for you, Lan-Ed-Tul, I already made a public apology.
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Wolverine, I know that little triangular thing isn't there, dunno where it is, not sure what happened to it either, but I don't think that's Ultra's fault. He wouldn't purposely deface something.

I don't have any clue how to separate the Electronics and the Heatsink or any of that ... Guess it's just trial & error.

Do-Clo
07-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Try looking in the tutorial section I think some info on the luke saber and here is another forum with info on the luke: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/

Guys put the flame throwers away he said sorry

<center>http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f217/Do-Clo/DoCloSig.jpg</center>
<center>[b]<font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
<center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

xwingband
07-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, based on his site and that there is a thumbscrew vs. a set screw I assumed it's removable. I don't own one to know.[xx(]

987654321a
07-17-2006, 06:29 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Philadin

Quote myself -

I don't know what else to say at this point because I know someone is always going to have some ****y retort.

- end quote, not verbatim.

That goes for you, Lan-Ed-Tul, I already made a public apology.
-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Wolverine, I know that little triangular thing isn't there, dunno where it is, not sure what happened to it either, but I don't think that's Ultra's fault. He wouldn't purposely deface something.

I don't have any clue how to separate the Electronics and the Heatsink or any of that ... Guess it's just trial & error.

did u read my last post? like i said my thought is crazy but what if someone was familiar with ultra, and basically just opend ur box and tampered with it? u never know

Wolverine
07-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Why is everyone so damn testy here http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/no-no-no.gif http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/awcrap.gif

http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/011.gif

Darth Raizzar

james3
07-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey Wolverine!<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/icon_rofl2.gif</center>

I jump on here to catch up and find out that things are cooling down and ole phil while pissed is trying to do this a little better now, so I take a sip of my Coke and bam! you got to go and post one of my favorite thingys! The Coke has come out my nose and all over the computer. Dude too funny!

Wolverine
07-17-2006, 06:52 PM
http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/stupid.gif

Just kidding man, Thanks My Brother! [:D] [^]

Darth Raizzar

Erik
07-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Is there that much of a size difference between the 1st gen Luke EPVI saber against the current one! I just busted the blade in mine, EL Tape!! and it's also running on the 6AA battery pack. I noticed Phil's pictures, and he's got one big battery pack there! Perhaps the conversions are only for the new 3AA battery packs? That would explain that much extra sticking out the hilt...
I'll be interested the see the conclusion of this on a positive note now that I have a dinosaur saber to convert.

And welcome to the forums, Phil. I'm sorry you received a hot reaction. We have some loyal followers here[:I]

james3
07-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Awsome!
You know it's going to be a good night by the content of the boards
So we got a little http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/bash.gif

and a little http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/icon_sabre.gif

a small touch of http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/wavefinger.gif

and a WHOLE LOT OFhttp://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/bs.gif

This is what its all about boys and girls.

Philadin
07-17-2006, 07:06 PM
An update as promised. Ultra no longer has to worry about the RoTJ. While attempting to keep the battery contacts stable, I pushed too hard with the blade, and everything flew out the butt end of the saber.

Nothing else can be done. the Anakin isn't his fault I didn't pay attention to the fact that the securing band makes the hilt a tiny bit more of a tighter fit and I just krapped out the RoTJ (literally) so life is good.[B)] Guess I'll just buy a straight RoTJ UltraSaber. Funny how a little extra push can cost you a few hundred bux.[xx(]

Wolverine
07-17-2006, 07:09 PM
http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/lol.gif Points at Jim's post

http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/lolhammer.gif

http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thumbup.gif

That's what they call sign language! [:D][^]

Darth Raizzar

Ambo
07-17-2006, 07:10 PM
What is ruined with that...a few wires to the switch? or was there more that was dammaged? If its only the wires....are u able to fix the wires that were separated?

<center>http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/AmboAW/Hammy.jpg</center>RJ: No, Hammy, not the cookie. I told you that cookie was garbage.
Hammy the Squirrel: But I like the cookie.

Erik
07-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Just cause the guts fell out, doesn't mean you can't staple them back in. Check the tutorials and if you have the time, as you have the con coming up, see if you can get your components back inside and secured. If we lived closer, I'd offer to look at it for you.

Philadin
07-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Nah, some wires got cut straight in half or split or whatever. There's a few fringes hanging out of the hilt, and most of the wires are coming off of the Luxeon tube-thingy. Ah well.

Firebird21
07-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Ok, first off I will say that I did not read every post so this may have been covered.

The Luke LED looks like it's crocked because the guts have moved to the back of the hilt. This would also explain why the battery pack will only go in as far as it does. The cause of this I can only speculate as being caused by a jolt to the bottom of the hilt with the battery pack removed. Who, what, when, where, why or how I don't know. But that's my guess.

I will continue reading now…

Have you read your Thread Index (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=577) today?
FAQ (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=552)
http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sabre.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/auto/car-smiley-032.gif Official Designated TCSS Jester! http://www.gaownersclub.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_biggrinjackbox.gif

987654321a
07-17-2006, 07:18 PM
so u didnt answer my question, are u goin to comicon?

Wolverine
07-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Philadin, what you did can be fixed. The wires can be resoldered.
When you convert these sabers everything get pushed out the back end anyway. Look at the Tutorial section, or someone can do it for you. [^]

Darth Raizzar

james3
07-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Yep a little solder and maybe a cuss word or two and I am betting that puppy could get back in action, if you are not comfortable with doing it yourself then there is the option of Ultra or one of the other fine builders here.

JediSaberSmith
07-17-2006, 07:45 PM
I have converted many Luke FX sabers. Im not sure how Ultra's LED's are supposed to be secured but it looks like its just come loose in there. The Luke saber comes apart very easily. After you break the plastis tab that holds the stock blade in place there is nothing keeping the electronics from spinning around in the hilt. That is why the purple wires that go into the switch box have been pulled out and are now covering the connections. The original sleeve that the battery holder slides into, its probibly not there because 9 out of 10 times they get distroyed when you remove them. Im sure Ultra will fix the mistake and make things right

JediSaberSmith
An Elegant Weapon From A More Civilized Age
www.jedisabersmith.com

Ambo
07-17-2006, 07:48 PM
i guess i should be irritated that my sleve comes out every time i change the batteries in my unconverted luke then....lol

<center>http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i313/AmboAW/Hammy.jpg</center>RJ: No, Hammy, not the cookie. I told you that cookie was garbage.
Hammy the Squirrel: But I like the cookie.

Wolverine
07-17-2006, 07:52 PM
MINE TOO!!! http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/lolhammer.gif

Darth Raizzar

Philadin
07-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Ultra won't have to fix it, I won't ask him to. I blew the thing out the rear end, not him. I'd need a soldering iron and at least level 1 Soldering Skills, so I don't think I'll be messing with it anyway. Maybe some sabersmiths want spare guts?

Erik
07-18-2006, 05:51 AM
PM me the details, sir. I'd be happy to discuss terms.

Zhi-don
07-18-2006, 06:34 AM
I would like to point out my experience with Alex [ULTRA] at this point.

First up, if it wasn't for Alex, I probably wouldn't have even learned about this site. He sent Jedi Loreen one of this first MHS sabers for her to check out. I saw it, liked it and order one on Ebay. Ebay actually cancelled my order because of some red tape and I reordered it. He actually sent me 2 sabers because although Ebay had cancelled my order, he reinstated it. When I told him, he said I could return the other saber and he would refund my money. I opted to keep it and sold it to another friend who saw the first one and wanted one as well. The first saber had a 36 inch blade and the second a 40. When I told Alex about that he apologized and sent me another blade free of charge.

I decided to send back the first saber to have sound added to it and to modify a custom pommel for me. It wasn't quite what I wanted, my fault for not sending a diagram of what I wanted. He told me no problem and to send it back to him. He also said that he would send me free tshirt too. I have talked with him on the phone and he seems to be an honest, nice guy.

Bottom line. Most of us here know that a Tim/Corbin/Alex blade won't fit inside an MR hilt without either the hilt being modified or the blade being sanded down some. I know this from personal experience. The other things that went wrong are fixable. I would bet he would do it for nothing. He prides himself on getting it right. Another point. this close to COMICON and other conventions, I know he has been swamped with orders and had to hire more help. Perhaps the mistake was caused by someone else.

Never flame someone on the boards without exhausting all other methods of communications. He always answers his phone and I am sure that if you call him, he will make it right.

'Nuff said!

Zhi-don Aquintas
XO RL Sunrider Base
Treasurer/Head Instructor
Lightsaber training OCSWS

Nynthu
07-18-2006, 06:58 AM
Ultra has done four conversions for me and a fifth one on the way (Obi-One). He's done a great job on all of them and I highly recommend him to anyone who wants their FX sabers converted into Luxeon III. Every product in the marketplace is going to have problems from time to time and Ultra does the best he can to correct mistakes. He's a stand up guy and takes pride in his work. I personally think this thread should be deleted since the majority of the damage seemed to come from shoving the blade in so hard. I also think an apology might be in order, as well as, some forgiveness to the newbee who started this post. This is a tight community and we protect our own, so lets start fresh and give the newbee a chance to redeem himself.

My silence is my honor,
My honor is my guard,
My guard is to protect my master,
The supreme ruler of the Empire.

Wolverine
07-18-2006, 07:19 AM

...I'd like to formally apologize to everyone, for jumping the gun. I was just letting people know that it wasn't what I expected. I see now that that's a crime. I won't do it again, geez. Some of ya'll bark is worse than your Saber.[xx(]

Seriously though, I do apologize. I was hoping everything would be smooth, like another Conversion I had done, and it wasn't. I just ... I dunno, but I'm sorry.
I don't know what to say, past that. Because I know someone will always have some ****y retort.
Sorry TCSS Forums, for creating such a pain in the rear.
Sorry Ultra, for not waiting for you to rectify it.

You mean like that. [?] [:(]

Darth Raizzar

james3
07-18-2006, 07:49 AM
<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/beatdeadhorse5.gif</center>

Ya'll are right in that just like a family we tend to be willing to fight for what we feel is an injustice to one of our own but this has come to close. Dude has changed the topic header, gave his formals and now we probally should just let this die.

Zhi-don
07-18-2006, 09:13 AM
I will second that.

Zhi-don Aquintas
XO RL Sunrider Base
Treasurer/Head Instructor
Lightsaber training OCSWS

xwingband
07-18-2006, 12:26 PM
Call it dead then. I however think you should still speak with Ultra. He will most likely STILL work this out. While it's your fault that the guts flew out... you wouldn't have been messing with it in the first place if it was okay. Even if the floating guts isn't a fluke then the phone call wouldn't be wasted.

UltraSWG
07-18-2006, 12:30 PM
I can't let it die witout saying at least one thing. Don called me and told me about this thread, and it's my responsibility to take care of all my customers and I take that responsibility seriously. So to the original poster, I am truly sorry you had problems with the Luke ROTJ conversion. Ultra Sabers has a 100% satisfaction policy and will fix your saber free of charge and even reimberse you the return shipping charges. It is true that I am swamped with orders right now, but I'm never too busy to deal with customer service issues. I'll check my voicemail right now, and if you left me a message, I'll give you a call. You can always email us at ultra@ultrasabers.com as well. Thanks.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
The Holy Luxeon Trinity

xwingband
07-18-2006, 12:31 PM
^^^Told you.[:p]

naashar
07-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Class Act![:D][8D]

james3
07-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!

WeirdoTransvestite
07-18-2006, 02:13 PM
And to think, if he'd done that instead of whining about it here, his saber would have been fixed.

-Neon Genesis Evangelion

-Rammstein

naashar
07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Hey, some have to actually put their hand on the stove to find out it can burn ya...

james3
07-18-2006, 02:29 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by naashar

Hey, some have to actually put their hand on the stove to find out it can burn ya...

You just really can't word it any better then that.

Phil, I hope that ya contact Ultra and you are able to get everything taken care of.

Wolverine
07-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Can we just bury this stupid thing, the guy appologized, Ultra had his say, let them work it out. [:(!][}:)][V]

<center> http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/beatdeadhorse5.gif
This is what this thread has become [V]</center>

...Should have been locked after Ultra spoke out! [xx(]

Darth Raizzar

xwingband
07-18-2006, 02:43 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Wolverine

Can we just bury this stupid thing, the guy appologized, Ultra had his say, let them work it out. [:(!][}:)][V]

<center> http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/beatdeadhorse5.gif
This is what this thread has become [V]</center>

...Should have been locked after Ultra spoke out! [xx(]

Darth Raizzar

Agreed. Philadin, if you need to further amend the posts, revision, update, etc... just PM me and I'll unlock it.