PDA

View Full Version : Maul possible short

BeamiestRocket4
11-30-2010, 08:29 PM
so i don't know if this could be a possible short but i was playing around with my hasbro darth maul battle damage semi new batteries they were in my first saber so they shouldn't be dead yet only been in there for about 2 or 3 weeks and my force fx starting just constantly making the start up noise and and the leds kept on illuminating like they were turning on. i plan to do a conversion with it and i have never had a force fx so i am wondering if this could be just bad batteries or a short in the board.

Lord Maul
11-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Bad batteries would be my guess. Pop in some new ones and see

BeamiestRocket4
11-30-2010, 08:53 PM
yep that did the trick tried out for a couple minutes and works fine and the blade is much brighter. I didn't think those batteries were that far gone. Thanks Lord Maul never had a force fx so just concerned

RevengeoftheSeth
12-01-2010, 10:02 AM
It doesn't take long for alkalines to wear down to the point where the Force FX sabers do that, unfortunately. I ran into that problem with my Vader ESB, recently.

Silent_Jedi
12-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I go months in the old Master Replicas sabers. My Yoda'll hold a charge for months and my "Repurposed" Joe Jedi boards could do 6 months on Ultra Alkalines. Think it's Hasbro?

BeamiestRocket4
12-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I am starting to see Hasbro going to Double AA's with the removable blades. At least thats what they did with the Maul Removable Blade.

Rhyen Skytracker
12-02-2010, 09:15 AM
The Maul FX board is known to drain batteries very quickly. I have had problems with several boards that I had and swapped the batt pack out to a NiMH batt pack and they last longer now. Keep in mind I had to make a custom battery pack.

BeamiestRocket4
12-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Might pick up a couple of those from the shop when i convert it then. Wouldn't you be able to use the same battery pack with the AAA's.

Rhyen Skytracker
12-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't like to use the spring packs with rechargable batteries. I have had way too many problems with the spring packs. I like to make a custom pack and add a recharge port to the hilt. That way you never have to open it up again.

RevengeoftheSeth
12-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I've been looking into Nickel-Zinc batteries and those may be the rechargeable alternative to Alkalines. They put out 1.6V instead of 1.2 like NiMH.