PDA

View Full Version : MHS and sinktube question

Drewbacca
07-16-2006, 02:13 PM
Is the MHS system designed to fit INTO a sink tube? And if so...how the heck do you cut the sink tube to make awesome designs? Just FYI...I'm the measure twice, cut once kinda guy...so I ask alot of questions [:)]

"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."

naashar
07-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Start here, m'friend: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=993

Remember, you've got a lot of vets at your disposal here; chances are they've posted on just about any topic you've got a question about. The Search feature is very good, and comprehensive.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Oh, and most folks use a rotary tool of some type to cut the sink tube...

You don't need to see any identification.

Drewbacca
07-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Thanks Nashaar. I've been browsing these forums until my eyes burn hehe.

I've got a plethora of tools at my disposal. Pretty much anything you can find in a body shop/garage.

"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."

naashar
07-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Well, once you get your tube, take advantage of that vise, that drill press, and if you're lucky, that lathe! There've been some pretty amazing machined hilts posted here, but even if'n you don't have a lathe, your vise and drill press will be more than sufficient for straight, uniform holes (anchor points, led accents, and the like) and the vise is your other set o'hands for that Dremel work.
Don't forget your goggles (it's all Fun and Games 'til someone loses an Eye![B)]), and you're set. Happy Building!

You don't need to see any identification.