PDA

View Full Version : Having some speaker trouble

Furrwatt
11-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I could use some help, I have an Obi-Wan fx board but no matter what I do or what kind of speaker I use, I cannot get the sound to work...any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

dgdve
11-26-2010, 10:26 PM
please be more specific, is this board in a currently working(well was working yesterday) saber? if so is it a custom saber? or is this in an original unmodified MR/Hasbro Fx lightsaber? Does it light up and still no sound? or is it doa when power is applied?.. did you see smoke? Did you change the batteries?(no I'm not being stupid, I'm being serious) be honest that helps a lot.. and try to be over specific in detail or post pics of what you think is the issue

Lord Maul
11-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Posting a picture of you wiring would help out as well. It's easy to switch two leads around and then your speaker won't work.

Skottsaber
11-27-2010, 03:04 AM
And what power source, switch, LED etc you're using.

Novastar
11-27-2010, 03:28 PM
I could use some help, I have an Obi-Wan fx board but no matter what I do or what kind of speaker I use, I cannot get the sound to work...any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.*IF* your wiring is 100% known-to-be-correct... you have the answer right there: it cannot be the speaker.

In general theory of operation / troubleshooting, if you bench test a part and it works... then try it with a device and you get nothing / doesn't work... if you then try ANOTHER one, and you STILL get the same result... it's like a 98% certainty that it is NOT that part you've just swapped out.

But again... this is based on whether or not your wiring is CORRECT for the board. Otherwise--yup--you'd get exactly that: you could try 16 different speakers of differing sizes and ohm ratings... and none of them would respond.

Wiring diagram and/or photo is definitely required here.