PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Hasbro soundboard help

jedimastergarcia87
11-18-2010, 01:24 AM
P4+Hasbro 2010 Obi-wan board needs what? Thanks for the info. I don't really care for the flash effect so I didn't know if I needed anything else or not.

equinox13
11-18-2010, 01:57 AM
if you want to bypass the flashing, run everything from a latching switch, powering your P4 and your Obi board separately. then run a mom switch to the Obi board to turn it on and off. as for the now unused LED output of the Obi board, you can hook it up to a low power pager motor or an accent LED or something else low powered...

i know Rhyen will throw a fit about this setup, but it's the one i've come to like. ^_^ it's a bit like a stunt setup with optional sound/vibe.

cardcollector
11-18-2010, 06:42 AM
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10288-2010-Electronic-Lightsaber-w-DVD-Tutorial

This should answer all your questions.

Gin Malinko
11-18-2010, 06:56 PM
you know, that thread is miss labeled. the DVD that came with it, isn't a tutorial. its just a bunch of light saber battles.

but i recently wired a p4 to a 2010 hasbro. 6v bat ran threw thew board with a tip42g transistor. works great.

Rhyen Skytracker
11-18-2010, 08:49 PM
first of all use that thread that Cardcollector linked you to. On the firs page is wiring diagrams. To me the second one is a little more user friendly. My new favorite set up with these boards is to use a single 3.7V Li-Ion battery, P4 Leds, 2010 econoboard of course and any momentary switch. I was able to get a super bright and even Red blade using this set up. There is really no need for 2 Li-Ions unless you wire them in parallel to get the extra runtime. I also use a recharge port with this set up. I did not use a resistor either. but please check your voltage between the transistor collector and the battery - to determine if you need a resistor or not.

cardcollector
11-21-2010, 09:04 PM
you know, that thread is miss labeled. the DVD that came with it, isn't a tutorial. its just a bunch of light saber battles.

great.

Dunno if you are just jerkin' my tail or not... :? I meant it to mean the lightsaber that comes with the DVD- I'm giving you a tutorial. ;)

jvidamins
11-27-2011, 08:01 PM
...My new favorite set up with these boards is to use a single 3.7V Li-Ion battery, P4 Leds, 2010 econoboard of course and any momentary switch. I was able to get a super bright and even Red blade using this set up. There is really no need for 2 Li-Ions unless you wire them in parallel to get the extra runtime. I also use a recharge port with this set up. I did not use a resistor either. but please check your voltage between the transistor collector and the battery - to determine if you need a resistor or not.

Rhyen, that's the EXACT setup I've decided to use after scouring the forum for days. Is this still the setup of choice for you? (It has been a year since you posted that) Also, where do you purchase your 3.7V Li-Ion battery? The ones in TCSS are not available. I'm assuming it has to be protected, right? Thanks for any tips you might have!

BTW, I'll be using the 2010 Obi-Wan econo board...

Loachri MacTalabh
11-28-2011, 12:13 AM
6210 "Rise Lord Dead Thread"

jvidamins
11-30-2011, 02:22 AM
6210 "Rise Lord Dead Thread"

That's what you want us noobs to do right - read and respond to topics already covered in old threads and not create new ones? Just trying to do it right. Rise indeed!

Loachri MacTalabh
11-30-2011, 03:58 AM
That's what you want us noobs to do right - read and respond to topics already covered in old threads and not create new ones? Just trying to do it right. Rise indeed!

Not going to get on you too much; but please refer to the Forum Guidelines (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?7360-Forum-Guidelines-All-members-please-read&highlight=forum+rule).

The part in question is;

Thread Reviving
It's going to be simple...

IF... you come across an "older" thread (older meaning--maybe it's 2-6 months old or more)... and...

IF... you find the information in that "older" thread useful...

AND... you have something new/useful/helpful/on-topic (and YOU KNOW DARN WELL what "useful & on-topic" means) to contribute...

THEN... it's OK TO POST.

However...

IF... you have nothing useful & on-topic to add...
... (and YOU KNOW DARN WELL what "useful & on-topic" means)

THEN LEAVE THE BLOODY THREAD ALONE.

NO EXCEPTIONS

jvidamins
12-01-2011, 12:47 AM
So I should make a new thread just to ask Rhyen if he still prefers that setup with 1 li-ion? Seems strange, but ok, no problem. Will leave them in their graves from now on. Should I make a reference to the old thread I'm referring to in my new thread?

RIP 2010 Soundboard help thread...

Loachri MacTalabh
12-01-2011, 01:18 AM
Or better yet, You can PM him. Click his name and follow the prompts. He's a good guy, he'll answer your question.;)

cardcollector
12-02-2011, 03:53 PM
So I should make a new thread just to ask Rhyen if he still prefers that setup with 1 li-ion? Seems strange, but ok, no problem. Will leave them in their graves from now on. Should I make a reference to the old thread I'm referring to in my new thread?

RIP 2010 Soundboard help thread...

I love powering the cheapy boards with one Li-ion Cell. They run great and often you don't need to use a resistor with the blue and green LEDs. :cool:

Rhyen Skytracker
12-03-2011, 10:37 AM
I actually use the new ultimate FX econo board now. It doesn't have the blinking on power on/off and has more current output than the DVD version does. It has the same sounds though. You can get them at Walmat for only $10 more than the DVD versions. There is a tutorial on here somewhere about how to wire those up too. They are a little different. Here is a thread that has some information about them in it. http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?13266-New-Ultimate-FX-vs-standard-Hasbro-sound-comparison.../page4&highlight=hasbro+ultimate