PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with a couple MHS saber ideas

Satsu Jin
11-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Well....I just wanted opinions on my idea here. It's a rip off of a Mace Windu saber. I used the MHS builder to get an idea and modified it to what I thought was cool.

I was thinking of having the gold parts powder coated in Jollipop Copper Orange. If anyone has any pics of this done on a saber I'd appreciate it.

Suggestion on how to do the ribbed part above the grip? I figure it's about 2-2 1/2 in. Dimensions are still up in the air. I want the saber to be about 11 in. total. I'm not a fan of really long sabers.

equinox13
11-02-2010, 02:14 PM
that color is new and i don't think anyone actually has any pictures of it yet. hopefully Tim will have a part test painted in all the missing color pics before too long.

as for the ribbed section, you might be able to talk Tim into making you a ribbed/choke combo piece with only a few ribs as compared to the normal 7 ribs. then use an extension of the length you want for the lower handle.

looks like it'll be awesome once you build it. ^_^

Sunrider
11-02-2010, 03:04 PM
You could modify a few rings from the store to slide over mhs. You could run out of room for internals if you go smaller than mhs there.

cannibal869
11-02-2010, 03:52 PM
powderbuythepound.com has some pics of sample jollipop orange PC (on car parts, but you get the idea).

Yes, basically a Mace Windu saber there... are those yellow blocks on the choke supposed to be cutouts for a crystal chamber?

-C

Satsu Jin
11-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Not cutouts. I thought of that though and not really sure if I like the idea. I'm still undecided....thanks

Crystal Chambers
11-02-2010, 04:58 PM
The pics in the store ARE from sabers. If you look at the tones it shows the curve.http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/powdercoat/PCcolors.asp

Tim doesn't do custom parts just MHS modifications last I heard. If he can't shorten a choke then ask him to lathe grooves around a part to get the look you want. And/or you can cut sections of MHS sleeve and JB weild it or maybe use trim rims. Or all of the above to get the look you're going for.

jin starkiller
11-03-2010, 10:12 AM
what mhs parts are you using for that build

Rafalema
11-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Is the black grip on an overlay? That would leave a huge gap between the choke and the overlay..

Satsu Jin
11-09-2010, 05:10 AM
what mhs parts are you using for that build

I was thinking fairly basic here....MHS style 1 short choke, blade holder #19, 6" extension with pommel style #2. Not sure about the grips or the rings before the choke. That would be my dilemma on how to do those.

FenderBender
11-09-2010, 05:48 AM
You could just have Tim lathe those rings/grooves in the hilt itself, then mill it for his new grip slot mod. That would be sick looking. You wouldn't be able to lathe them in that close to threads, but Im sure you could tweak the design to make it work. Otherwise, yeah, you'd have to lathe a small section of sleeve material and JB weld it in place then powdercoat it.

Seems like this saber would want gold though instead of copper since you're going with a Mace design. It would look cool in either color though.

Here's one I did similar in design:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q169/AJFenderBender/122-1.jpg

cardcollector
11-09-2010, 08:52 AM
You just love pulling out that saber don't ya Fender?;)

equinox13
11-09-2010, 08:56 AM
You just love pulling out that saber don't ya Fender?;)

how many times is that in the past week alone? 2-3... dozen? ^_^

i do agree that gold would be better than copper though - more regal.

Satsu Jin
11-11-2010, 05:51 PM
You could just have Tim lathe those rings/grooves in the hilt itself, then mill it for his new grip slot mod. That would be sick looking. You wouldn't be able to lathe them in that close to threads, but Im sure you could tweak the design to make it work. Otherwise, yeah, you'd have to lathe a small section of sleeve material and JB weld it in place then powdercoat it.

Seems like this saber would want gold though instead of copper since you're going with a Mace design. It would look cool in either color though.

Here's one I did similar in design:

That's excellent work. Did you use MHS parts?

Satsu Jin
11-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Is there any more pics of this saber? Did you build it Fender? I prefer PRS myself....:P Or my custom clone Peavy Wolfgang I had built.

Crystal Chambers
11-11-2010, 06:40 PM
I don't blame him...show that thang off brotha!

It's MHS based with some custom parts. Like the gold ribbed choke.

FenderBender
11-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Yes, I like showing this one off. I'm still proud of it almost a year later, it was my favorite designs. Really though, I have only posted it twice as both times were relevant;)

Yes, it has a mix of custom and stock MHS parts. The emitter was from a run done over at FX before Tim carried them in the store, the ringed section is part of the hilt and not a choke. The sleeves were cut/milled/lathed.

Satsu, if you want more pics search under Invictus and it will come up with the whole post with all the other pics and the video.

equinox13
11-11-2010, 07:52 PM

it just gets more and more beautiful the more i look at it... especially with that perfect shade of purple you have it at. ^_^

cardcollector
11-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Yes, I like showing this one off. I'm still proud of it almost a year later, it was my favorite designs. Really though, I have only posted it twice as both times were relevant;)

I know, I just like to give ya a hard time to make up for your awesome saber skillz. :cool:

Satsu Jin
11-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Is the grip an overlay with cut outs and grooves in the under section? What would be cool on this would be a grip style the Heretic saber you did but with bigger grooves for a bit better grip...but that would be my preference...I love the Heretic saber too.

Satsu Jin
12-02-2010, 11:05 PM
I've revised my idea a bit....and I'm trying to decide on an amber blade or purple. It's a dark jedi/sith saber.

JamoUp
12-03-2010, 06:21 AM
the new double female grooved extension would be great for this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/4-Double-Female-Grooved-without-holes-P590.aspx

Satsu Jin
12-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Yeah...I had asked Tim a few days ago if he could do the #4 gooved extension without the holes. He replied that he was actually waiting for some to come in and that it would be about a week. Yesterday I got a product update that they were in....so woot.....:)