PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have a replica or original graflex?

wenoscustomworkshop
11-01-2010, 07:44 PM
i am currently looking for a replica graflex top half. it can have the lines in the top of it like some i have seen i am not making a replica esb or anything. so i dont care about it being film accurate i just need it to have the bunnyears and i want to be able to put tims led adapter in it with pins for a saber i am working on. i would use the replica brass one tim sells if i could get it to match the same as the rest of the mhs props. but tim wont powdercoat it.. and i would require a place to get the bunny ears... well thats it i have attached a pic of what i am gonna do with it. i may put a crystal in it or el wire in the extension

Ronan
11-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Please read the rules. No soliciting.

Go to the fx saber boards and post a wanted add.

wenoscustomworkshop
11-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Please read the rules. No soliciting.

Go to the fx saber boards and post a wanted add.

i was kinda hoping for someone to push me in the direction of a website that sells them. i didnt no that would be aggainst the rules

Lord Maul
11-01-2010, 10:04 PM
The only place is Parks, and you have to wait a few months to get them from him. Other than that, eBay is your best bet.

wenoscustomworkshop
11-01-2010, 10:16 PM
The only place is Parks, and you have to wait a few months to get them from him. Other than that, eBay is your best bet.

are you talking about these? http://www.graflexsabers.com/
i was thinking about that but wasnt sure about them i tried emailing them awhile ago about that one to know if it dissesembles because it says cannot be modified so i needed to know and i never got a reply and i also just need a top half for a saber i am building now.

Lord Maul
11-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Yes, those are the ones. You will be hard pressed to find only the top of a graflex.

Lord Maul
11-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Sloth custom machined that graflex top I believe

Ronan
11-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Sloth custom machined that graflex top I believe

No, he bought it from ebay, snagged it right before i tried too :p I have yet seen another one, AND it has no markings or anything. I hawk ebay everyday to grab one if it ever pops up...

Sloth did do miner adjustment to make everything fit, then he used a lot of sloth magic to make everything look good.

On the talk of graflex parts, i been hawking 3 month JUST to get another 3 cell bottom. No good, you have to grab the whole units.

DarthPawley
11-02-2010, 01:30 AM
Dude, too slow. My grooved top 2-cell just arrived yesterday, bought it a fortnight ago. It's gonna be a shoto to go with my 3-cell.

wenoscustomworkshop
11-02-2010, 02:50 AM
Dude, too slow. My grooved top 2-cell just arrived yesterday, bought it a fortnight ago. It's gonna be a shoto to go with my 3-cell.
im sorry i dont understand you.... not to be rude:confused: would you sell me one of ur tops?

DarthPawley
11-02-2010, 05:07 AM
Sorry, that comment was directed to Ronan. I was just saying that although he is looking for a grooved top graflex on ebay, I bought one from there two weeks ago.
So now I have 2 graflex - a plain 3-cell and a grooved 2-cell.
I also bought a brass replica top from Tim; at 10 bucks you can't go wrong.
My advice truthfully would be, save the bucketloads of cash you'd spend getting a graflex from ebay, get the $10 brass one from TCSS and if you don't want it brassy, blacken it with birchwood casey brass black for another $10.

Ronan
11-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Sorry, that comment was directed to Ronan. I was just saying that although he is looking for a grooved top graflex on ebay, I bought one from there two weeks ago.
My advice truthfully would be, save the bucketloads of cash you'd spend getting a graflex from ebay, get the $10 brass one from TCSS and if you don't want it brassy, blacken it with birchwood casey brass black for another $10.

Ah that would be the one that came up as sold out. It was bought when i was away from the computer :(

I got 2 replica's here 3 cell graflex thought :p But i'm still urgh about butchering one just for the bottom...

wenoscustomworkshop
11-02-2010, 08:52 AM

i would try to blacken it i just dont know how it would look have u done it can i get pics?

Skottsaber
11-02-2010, 09:26 AM
im sorry i dont understand you.... not to be rude:confused: would you sell me one of ur tops?

NO SOLICITING! :mad:

And, I said before, so I'll ask again here
Why does it HAVE to be a graflex top? You could make one yourself that would fit MHS, or perhaps even have Tim cut cut that kind of overlay.

wenoscustomworkshop
11-02-2010, 09:38 AM
because i would like to use a graflex so it looks like how i want it

cardcollector
11-03-2010, 05:29 AM
You can make sinktube look like a repliacexgrafelx with some work abc creativity.

Several members here have done that

wenoscustomworkshop
11-03-2010, 05:33 AM
You can make sinktube look like a repliacexgrafelx with some work abc creativity.

Several members here have done that
see i would do that but i want to put tims graflex led conversion in it and have the pins and bunnyears and button and glass retaining screw and that would be very hard and not worth it. so i am looking for a place that sells the bunnyears because i can get everything else but them right now so i can use tims brass

FenderBender
11-03-2010, 05:35 AM
Why not get the brass top sold in the store, then have it chromed? Would be easier AND cheaper. Look, you're going to cut it any way to get it how you want it, well even real Graflexs' are brass underneath that chrome, so when you cut it the brass edges will show. Getting the brass one, cutting it, get it just right then send it off to be chromed would make more sense. But what would I know.....;)

wenoscustomworkshop
11-03-2010, 05:43 AM
Why not get the brass top sold in the store, then have it chromed? Would be easier AND cheaper. Look, you're going to cut it any way to get it how you want it, well even real Graflexs' are brass underneath that chrome, so when you cut it the brass edges will show. Getting the brass one, cutting it, get it just right then send it off to be chromed would make more sense. But what would I know.....;)

ur absolutely right but like i said i am gonna have to do that but i will require finding a site that sells just the bunny ears so i can put it on the replica than after i cut it i need to find someone to chrome it because tim wont powdercoat it for some reason do you no anyone that sells the bunnyears

Crystal Chambers
11-03-2010, 06:21 AM
I'm going to make this VERY clear...

This site is connected to a store so it is not good to try to do business in someone's store.

There are several other sites and stores where you can buy a full replica. I'm in the same boat with a brass top looking for ears/hoop and an eye but I don't discuss any sales or purchases of any kind.

There are other forums or a search engine to help you with the parts you're looking for.

wenoscustomworkshop
11-03-2010, 06:37 AM
why will some people help me and some wont? TIM told me to ask around here for someone to help me to find my parts so i think i am ok... so if anyone will HELP me or point me in a direction of somewheres to get this that would be great

Crystal Chambers
11-03-2010, 07:00 AM
He does suggest you post a parts list to be sure you don't miss items you'll need from the store...otherwise that would surprise me

jin starkiller
11-03-2010, 10:08 AM
help we can do ....i told you to give me your email and i would tell you where to get the parts you need like the glass eye, clamp, and other graflex replica parts because we cant discuss this on the open forum

cardcollector
11-03-2010, 07:03 PM
that would be very hard and not worth it. brass

I have to say if something isn't worth hard work, why invest time into it to begin with? Not trying to be argumentitve here, but it is starting to appear as though you want the easy spoonfed way out to a saber that looks cool...

Also, others have said it, I'll say it too, this forum Is attached to a store, we respect that Tim has made this forum available for us to use, so you will not see any good members post a link to buy things related to saber building on these forums.

wenoscustomworkshop
11-03-2010, 08:17 PM
i never said it wasnt worth the time to find stuff for it i just wanted to have more original parts than using makeshift parts i really want to use a real gralfex

Ronan
11-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Why don't you contact starkiller? He already said he will help you off the board.

Back on page 1 i told you to go ask on fx saber forum since theirs no soliciting rule there unlike this forum...

If you are trying to get a custom 'graflex' style saber and hope it will just 'snap togethere', no it won't happen.

Sloth stated it requires some machining to fit (so did a couple other members and myself).

I must see 4 or 5 options for you already posted, what more do you want?

wenoscustomworkshop
11-03-2010, 09:27 PM
like i said before i understand it will require some modifing to the mhs parts which i dont care about i have a lathe so it would take a few seconds and i contacted him and i havnt gotten a reply so i plan on buying tims brass and a real one and if possible parts for the brass

Ronan
11-03-2010, 11:19 PM
like i said before i understand it will require some modifing to the mhs parts which i dont care about i have a lathe so it would take a few seconds and i contacted him and i havnt gotten a reply so i plan on buying tims brass and a real one and if possible parts for the brass

Ok, go for it, good luck and don't forget to post pics.

If you are looking for direct links, then go on ebay or fx-saber forums.

wenoscustomworkshop
11-03-2010, 11:27 PM
im sorry i thought people were allow to give me links just not say "hey you can buy this item here for this much" once again i am sorry if i seem rude

Ronan
11-03-2010, 11:40 PM
im sorry i thought people were allow to give me links just not say "hey you can buy this item here for this much" once again i am sorry if i seem rude

It's alright, as long you learn :p

Here's a link to the rules: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=7360