PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman PC system-opinions/advice needed

Mind-gon Ohnobi
10-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Hey, y'all. I just picked up a Craftsman PC system off eBay (along with a nifty wall-mount convection oven via craigslist).

Unfortunately, the stupid little cup-locking knob, which apparently always breaks on these things, arrived broken. I've contacted the seller, but I'm not sure I want to return it. If I can easily fix it, or there's no need to, I'm just going to hang on to it and start making test coats.

I've seen that a few people here use the Craftsman system. If your gun's knob broke, what, if anything, did you do to fix it? (superglue, plastic weld, a metal replacement knob machined to the original's spec)

From my point of view, it seems a very non-essential part whose function could be performed by a length of electrical tape. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience and perspective on this unit. My wife is a painter (theatrical), but neither of us have practical experience with applying powder coat. (If necessary, use small words.)

cannibal869
10-29-2010, 10:16 PM
I have it - it's an ok system.
I fixed the knob on mine. It broke (again) recently, but the last job I didn't even bother fixing it - didn't need to. Still works just fine...

Rhyen Skytracker
10-30-2010, 08:34 AM
I quit using the locking knob after the 3rd time using it. I also ordered 3 extra powder cups from Craftsman. I went to order more and found out they no longet make them. I guess I got the last 3 cups. :(

Strydur
10-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Check Summit racing

Rhyen Skytracker
10-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Thanks Tim. You are Da Man!

Mind-gon Ohnobi
11-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Thanks for replying and confirming my instincts. It's a shame the new toy isn't perfect, but as long as it works. (Now to find the time to actually use it...)

Check Summit racing

Double thanks to Strydur for the cup pointer. Those systems sure look similar, but that's a far cry from guaranteeing a part like that cup is going to fit properly. Good to know that it will.

'Specially if Rhyen snapped up the last of the cups from Sears. **shakes fist** SKYTRACKER!!! :D