PDA

View Full Version : MHS speaker mount V2 "lip"??

cannibal869
10-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Just a question about the MHS speaker holders...

the one I'm talking about is this one:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHS-speaker-mount-V2-P314.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/180_8054.jpg

I've gotten a few of these with a small "lip" of plastic around the edge. I was wondering if this is intentional or not? Cause the TCSS speakers don't seem to sit into the "cup" very well without some modification with a dremel. Anyone else notice this?

I've been able to dremel the lip down so that I can then push in the speaker and "lock" it into the mount but it requires an extra step...

-C

Skottsaber
10-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Can't say I have. I bought one of those in January though.

Crystal Chambers
10-28-2010, 09:05 AM
maybe the speaker snaps in...I seem to recall they've been changed.

Ronan
10-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Speakers snaps in... How would it hold in place otherwise?

Lord Maul
10-28-2010, 06:52 PM
On the ones I have there's no lip, but I haven't bought them in a while. I just glue them in.

cannibal869
10-28-2010, 11:26 PM
OK I figured it must be intentional... any easy way other than brute force to get these in? I.e. anyone find a good tool to help push these in? Cause I think I ended up destroying at least 1 speaker trying to force one in without dremeling the lip down a bit...

Strydur
10-29-2010, 07:33 AM
I just lay the speaker down on its face and then push the speaker mount onto it.

cannibal869
10-29-2010, 08:33 AM
insert facepalm here...

duh...thanks Tim!

equinox13
10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
I just lay the speaker down on its face and then push the speaker mount onto it.

a very simple application of a flat surface as a tool... we should start listing these in our tool inventories... O.o

and i would have used a rock...

Mind-gon Ohnobi
10-30-2010, 05:33 AM
a very simple application of a flat surface as a tool... and i would have used a rock...

Just think of it as a really big, flat rock. ;)

equinox13
10-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Just think of it as a really big, flat rock. ;)

like a slab of marble! ^_^

Macemachine
10-30-2010, 03:02 PM
I agree, I put one side in and use the side of my workbench to brace the speaker and push the holder on. The real question is how to get it out when you are so excited because you just got your shipment from tcss and forgot to wire it first. (talk about hand slapping the forehead....)

Ronan
10-30-2010, 06:20 PM

Thats what i do too :p

I agree, I put one side in and use the side of my workbench to brace the speaker and push the holder on. The real question is how to get it out when you are so excited because you just got your shipment from tcss and forgot to wire it first. (talk about hand slapping the forehead....)

You smack yourself and make another order.

I almost made that mistake, luckily i stop and think. Now if i were you id try to pry it out carefully, or 'flex' the holder to make the speaker pop out.

Studabeg
11-15-2010, 06:39 PM
That's my problem too. After I threaded the wires through I snapped the speaker into place. When I was just about to finish everything I tested it and found out that the speaker didn't work. Now I can't get the speaker out to send it back and I don't want to force it out worried that it might break. Any ideas? :(