PDA

View Full Version : PVC Obi TPM Pommel

Darth Midian
10-26-2010, 09:01 AM
OK, So I think I have lightsaber ADD. Because I'm in the middle of a project, I started another project. I have 3 or 4 projects sketched up & on deck. So Sunday this idea hits me & I built it. A pvc version of an Obi TPM pommel. I built it to see how it would look & to see if my idea would work. So here it is.

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/DMidian/pvcobitpm1.jpg

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/DMidian/pvcobitpm2.jpg

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab227/DMidian/pvcobitpm3.jpg

I'm happy with it.

Rafalema
10-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Looks pretty good. ;)

KuroChou
10-26-2010, 09:29 AM
not bad at all :D

Knighthammer
10-26-2010, 09:32 AM
dang dude - looks good!

Skottsaber
10-26-2010, 09:43 AM
AMAZING!
Technically it's an AOTC pommel, because it doesn't have holes in the "cubes" ;)

Darth Midian
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
Thank you guys. I really appreciate it. It's amazing what you can pull off with pvc. I think I have a total of $5.00 in that pommel. Thanks again.

jin starkiller
10-26-2010, 09:55 AM
that looks really good ......what parts did you use for it......now if we only had a mhs version we all would be happy too....

cannibal869
10-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Agreed looks good so far!

(and agreed on the MHS version! Acerocket doesn't have this thing copyrighted, right? ;) )

Darth Midian
10-26-2010, 11:38 AM
I used 2 1" electrical pvc end caps
1 1/2" piece of 1" pvc
1 3/4" to 1/2" pvc reducer
1 male & female threaded electrical pvc connectors
A machine screw, 1" washer & a nut.
6 hex head sheet metal screws.
I cut about a 1/2" off the end caps so that there is about 3/8" left on the end cap. I also cut about a 1/4" off the 1/2" end of the reducer. I drilled a hole in the middle of the end cap, put the macine screw through it & attached the one end cap to the 1/2" end of the reducer. I used the 1" washer & nut to hold the end cap to the reducer. I put some glue in the end cap, put the 1/2" piece of 1" pvc inside the end cap, put glue inside the other end cap & clamped them together until they dried. I pre-drilled 6 holes for the hex screws. I painted it, & screwed in the hex screws. The 3/4" end of the reducer fits inside the threaded male connector, you can glue it in place or tap it & screw it in place. Add an o-ring & screw it to the female connector. And there you have a pvc Obi TPM/AOTC pommel.:)

It seems to be a wanted, popular design. I'm really surprised there isn't an MHS version of it.

Onli-Won Kanomi
10-26-2010, 01:02 PM
There isn't a [metal] MHS version [other than Ace's] because Unca George DOES have it copyrighted and Strydur would rather 'avoid Imperial entanglements' with his [corporate lawyer] 'stormtroopers' - same reason this is The Custom SABER not "lightsaber" Shop eh?

But this is a brilliant idea Darth Midian and a great way to add a 'special lightsaber touch' to PVC sabers...a Dark Apprentice type curved PVC saber would look especially cool with this pommel imo.

Thanks for sharing this with the community.

Darth Midian
10-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Ahh. I understand. Thank you, It would look pretty cool on a curved hilt. HMMMM, to many ideas,

cannibal869
10-26-2010, 04:04 PM
There isn't a [metal] MHS version [other than Ace's] because Unca George DOES have it copyrighted and Strydur would rather 'avoid Imperial entanglements' with his [corporate lawyer] 'stormtroopers' - same reason this is The Custom SABER not "lightsaber" Shop eh?

But this is a brilliant idea Darth Midian and a great way to add a 'special lightsaber touch' to PVC sabers...a Dark Apprentice type curved PVC saber would look especially cool with this pommel imo.

Thanks for sharing this with the community.

Ahhh I see... that explains it...

Perhaps Tim can make a pommel with just a "ball" at the end of a thin neck then? Kinda like the top of a walking cane or gear shifter? I don't think George can copyright the gear shifter, right??

(I was actually thinking of using a spherical drawer knob for the pommel of my Ahsoka before the Acerocket pommel became available...)

sorry OT... back OT now...

kage_no_mozaiku
02-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Perhaps Tim can make a pommel with just a "ball" at the end of a thin neck then? Kinda like the top of a walking cane or gear shifter? I don't think George can copyright the gear shifter, right??

hmm yeah, then all youd have to do is drill the proper hole pattern, tap and insert your own machine screws into it to make the pommel as its supposed to be.

or better yet, he could manufacture/have manufactured square headed 1/4 20 studs to screw into said holes then itd REALLY look like the obi pommel.