PDA

View Full Version : Lighted Switches and Hasbro sound

Grifter2444
10-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Not sure if im posting in the right spot, but here goes. Can you wire a lighted switch with the dvd versions of the hasbro lightsabers? More specifically the obi-wan ones? i would assume yes buy wireing it off the battery and using a resitor yes?

cardcollector
10-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Yes you can, just wire the LED portion of the switch with one of the negatives from the board, and one from the battery +.

Macemachine
10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Can you wire a lighted switch with the dvd versions of the hasbro lightsabers?

Here is a pic of what is explained above: (that whole thread is excellent)
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?p=172198&highlight=Illuminated+switch#post172198

A little differently, I put the switch off the board (of course), but the illuminated part in parallel, with correct resistor, after the transistor just before my led resistor for positive and after the led for negative. I run 6V and no 5V regulator (as you would need for >6V).

Seems to work (no smoke yet), but I couldn't tell you the difference between the two - I am not as good at this as Cardcollector.

Grifter2444
10-26-2010, 08:47 PM
Another question. I noticed i ordered a hilt with a gaurded swtich type pre-drilled but my switch is the basic kind. Without re-drilling I could use a basic switch like this http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062508# in that pre-drilled hole right? My parts arent here yet. Freaking mail is taking forever. Just wanted to have everything checked off before my parts got here

Grifter2444
10-26-2010, 08:51 PM
This is pre lighted switch need more cash and a bigger reason for that cash to just order one lighted switch

Rhyen Skytracker
10-27-2010, 03:34 AM
The hole is drilled to match the TCSS standard switch and will not fit the RS switch.

Also, I wire my accent LEDs and Switch LEDs in parallel with my main LED with the 2010 econo boards.

Grifter2444
10-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I accidently ordered a main body with a guarded switch hole.(Slaps one's self for not reading) Will the P4 kit basic switch still mount in there? Or do i need to re-order a plain ole guarded swtich? If i have to re-order its no big deal there is a few other things i would like to order as well

Macemachine
10-30-2010, 09:54 AM
So, fitting is a matter of perspective. You could use the guarded switch hole and standard switch, but it will be loose and you most likely have to go to a local hardware store and try to find a washer, or mod a washer as the hole for the guarded hole is bigger than the standard one. It would still slide around though. I do not have both right now to test it out and tell you outright. It will take trial and error to rig stuff that is not specifically made for it. Personally I would just order the correct switch and use the other for a PVC saber (fun and cheap), or to use as a system test switch. My mistake extras always get used eventually.

Grifter2444
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
If im using a hasbro board what kind of av switch do i use? I know i need a momentary. But do i need a dpdt or spst?

Knighthammer
12-28-2010, 04:43 PM
SPST will work just fine, no need for the other pole. If you haven't already I would highly recomend reading through the thread Macemachine mentioned earlier. Pretty much all aspects of the wiring have been brought up on it.

I've re-read it myself a few times, especially now that I'm working on a econo board for the first time.