PDA

View Full Version : A New Trilogy? (Not 3D Re-Releases...)

Shadar Al'Niende
10-23-2010, 08:12 PM
http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10291:iesb-exclusive-the-line-starts-hereagain-new-star-wars-movies-planned&catid=41:news&Itemid=71

Servers are probably slammed with hits as the link temporarily seems to go to a database error... but here is a quote from the site taken from here (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/581094-star-wars-sequels-rumored.html)...

IESB Exclusive: The Line Starts Here...Again! New Star Wars Movies Planned

Don't start packing up your lawn chairs and igloo coolers just yet, but there will once again be "camping out" for a Star Wars movie. IESB has learned some news about the future of the Star Wars franchise.
First, let me remind our readers of IESB's past scoops so anyone doubting the news will be aware. From Joss Whedon directing the Avengers, to the recent announcement of Disney's planned renegotiation of the Paramount Marvel deal, to the countless casting scoops, directing scoops, to our solid sources at Lucasfilm.

Confirmed IESB scoops specific to the Star Wars universe include the first announcement of the PG-13 rating of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, the first word of a live action Star Wars TV series as well as the Clone Wars animated series. Yes, all of these Lucasfilm scoops were all first reported here on IESB.

Now on to our newest big Lucasfilm scoop, ready? George Lucas is plotting to create new Star Wars movies at the ultra top-secret Skywalker Ranch.

This is déjà vu of the mid 90's when Uncle George starting tweaking the Holy Trilogy to gear up for the Special Editions. That was his first step in moving forward with the eventual prequel trilogy.

It's happening all over again, Lucasfilm is already hard at work converting the entire Star Wars saga into 3D which will be released starting with Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 2012. The word from our ultra top-secret Lucasfilm insider is that Lucas has gotten the itch and is already looking ahead into launching an entirely new trilogy in that galaxy far, far away.

What do we know? First of all, these new film will have nothing to do with the live action television series currently in development. That show already has over 50 scripts ready to go and plenty of pre-production time and money has been spent on artwork and storyboards. Once that show goes into production, Lucasfilm hopes to be able to produce at least 100 episodes since that is the threshold for syndication in the United States.

IESB has been told fans can expect the new trilogy after the entire saga is released in 3D which is expected to be complete around 2015 or 2016.

Uncle George's modus operandi has not changed, the plan is that he will self finance the new trilogy after he rakes in an expected $500 - $750 million dollars with the re-release of the entire Star Wars Saga in 3D and on Blu-Ray.

The ideal plan, according to our spy at Skywalker Ranch, is to be able to release a new Star Wars film within 24 months after the release of the last re-re-release (is that right?) of Return of the Jedi 3D.

Too early for story details but one thing that our source is certain about, they will not be prequels but instead sequels. It's not for certain if they will be the long awaited Episodes 7, 8 and 9 but could instead be Episodes 10, 11 and 12 or possibly even further out in the Star Wars timeline. And by giving space in the timeline, possibly even as far as 100 years or 1,000 years in the Star Wars universe future, Lucas avoids having to make these stories "fit in" with what the previous stories have told.

According to our sources, the most likely scenario for the films is that they will exist in the same universe but will not have anything to do with the Skywalker Clan. That story has been told, that starship has sailed.

What has caused this sudden change of heart for Uncle George? Well, besides the obvious possible billions that a new Star Wars trilogy will take in, our source tells us that George has gotten motivated with the success the Clone Wars animated series, the video games and also with the success of Avatar.

Can we expect Lucasfilm to confirm our story? Have they ever? Nope, I am sure that they will spin this or completly deny the story, but we will stand 100% behind our source.

I am always up for more lightsaber action, especially if it has nothing to do with the old films (don't mess with it any more GL!!!! *shakes fist*) but not sure what this is all about, I say its fair to geek out a bit until an official announcement from LFL though...

Ronan
10-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Ah we were talking about that earlier :p

FenderBender
10-23-2010, 09:10 PM
If he is writing and/or directing this, it'll be a travesty. Oh well, as long as there is plenty of good saber action, Im good. Im good.....

RevengeoftheSeth
10-23-2010, 09:37 PM
UPDATE: In an email to Wired's Underwire blog, Lucasfilm's Josh Kushins says that the IESB report is "completely false."

Ronan
10-23-2010, 11:29 PM
UPDATE: In an email to Wired's Underwire blog, Lucasfilm's Josh Kushins says that the IESB report is "completely false."

It's funny because they said the same thing for Episode 1, 2 and 3.

Lucasfilms has NEVER leaked info or agreed with rumors, so you really can't take their word for it LOL

Skottsaber
10-24-2010, 01:36 AM
I said it once. I'll say it again.

PFFFFFFF

It just doesn't go with Lucas' recent behaviour. He's been expanding the EU in other places, for example the TFU games and TOR.
I'm VERY skeptical. But it would be cool if he decided to do it right for once.

thejedilestat
10-24-2010, 01:45 AM
i would like to see a sith inspired trilogy maybe tell how the sith became the sith. as much of the jedi that i am i would still like LOAD's of sith saber action.

but im not gonna get all hyped just yet.

KuroChou
10-24-2010, 02:09 AM
I'd be far more interested in an old republic storyline, but I suppose that's just because I know the old republic better than post-ROTJ.

pointoforigin
10-24-2010, 05:16 AM
Surely it'd make sense if the supposed new trilogy were to take place say 500-1000 years ABY. That'd tie in well with the existing EU stuff. But knowing Lucas, he probably won't pay any attention to the existing EU, instead breaking all their storylines and making them write more compremise stories to fix the continuity.

All that aside, I've always thought since way before TPM, that there should be a trilogy of trilogies. It'd make sense.

God i hope Lucas is too old to write/direct it if and when it happens though...

Rafalema
10-24-2010, 06:45 AM
If they will do it, they should do them from the time of KOTOR 1-2, since that story is IMO one of the best so far.

And I sure hope that it will have a lots of closeups of lightsabers and they make another FX line with new soundboards.. ;)

Knighthammer
10-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Don't worry SW faithful - if George has his hands in it, he'll muck it up somehow.
I really wish I could feel good about it - but I can't. I tolerate Eps 1-3 and even like the Clone Wars series but I wish they would stop mucking up the continuity of stuff that is already out there.
I'll take Karen Traviss's version of Mando over GL's....

Skottsaber
10-24-2010, 08:47 AM
I'll take Karen Traviss's version of Mando over GL's....

QFT :mrgreen:

neocaster
10-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Give me derivative fiction any day. Animation and my own imagination have done me well. Anything else could lead to evil things like Ewok Christmas specials...

beggarsoutpost
10-24-2010, 09:54 AM
That sounds great I am very much looking forward to see what George comes up with for these new movies... And since all the EU stories are from paid writers who are most of the time writing stores that have been assigned to them by faceless editors... stories that for the most part are total crap and have no real emotion built into them because the writer does not care because it's just about the check... I can't wait to get more real Star Wars stories from George..... the person who really cares about Star Wars...

PS.. Karen Traviss is a whiny _______ and she needs to move on and shut her mouth... She stepped off because of nothing... he did not even ask her to change anything... he just wanted to do the Mandalore thing the right way instead of the messed up way she came up with... is that to much to ask?... especially when she was not asked to change a single thing in her story... the EU is not Star Wars... it's a construct of the book company's looking to make a buck on a sure thing... and you guys want to call George a money monger... At least he writes Star Wars because he cares....

KuroChou
10-24-2010, 10:04 AM
... and you guys want to call George a money monger... At least he writes Star Wars because he cares....

Hahaha....ha...ha.
Yeah....no. Just, no.

equinox13
10-24-2010, 10:32 AM
actually most of the books ARE approved canon and the authors had to go through George and his goons to even start writing in the first place, if i remember right.

beggarsoutpost
10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
actually most of the books ARE approved canon and the authors had to go through George and his goons to even start writing in the first place, if i remember right.
Yeah... your remembering wrong... they are not canon and most of the writers are given an assignment to write said stories from an editorial staff.... They never have any interaction with LFL...

"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Skottsaber
10-24-2010, 10:52 AM
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Proof why there will never be a third trilogy.

Invisas1979
10-25-2010, 06:26 AM
No one can say episode 1-3 were not money spinners.

They paid good known actors to be in it from the start, who needed to be paid for for a start.

The writing, humor, some character choices, and general feel were wrong and not in keeping with the prequel films.

I'm sure George cares about his creation (LFL I mean) but the Story of Starwars, Nah.

Oh and the Story is about Vader, no....... if it was, they needn't have created Luke, Leia would have done, Vader still would have killed palpatine for his offspring and no one would have cared. Luke is the one people want to see continue on, that's why the better EU books are all about him and his new order.

MTPW

Mind-gon Ohnobi
10-25-2010, 06:55 AM
I'm so tempted to get on a soapbox here, but I think my personal rant about the trilogies could be a whole new thread. It definitely shouldn't get shoehorned in here.

There's a lot to love and hate about the Star Wars movies and spinoffs. We all wouldn't be posting here if we didn't share an affinity for the fictional realm Lucas created, and others have significantly added to.

Let's not express our disagreement so vehemently that we appear to insult each other.

psab keel
10-25-2010, 10:49 AM
I agree.

I personally don't care if there is a new trilogy or not. Was I let down by the prequels? Yes. But it doesn't change my memories of the original trilogy or diminish them in any way. I've said it for years and I still stand by it. If Lucas would only let Star Wars be handed off to the next generation and move on to other things. I just want him to make one more great film before he dies and I really hope it has nothing to do with that galaxy far, far away. I want so badly to believe that there is still that brilliant rebel filmmaker within him.

As much as Star Wars is George Lucas' creation, it has become so vast and comprehensive that it now belongs in part to the world at large. If there were no demand for other adventures in that world, then there wouldn't be any more. In a way, it's sad that Star Wars has become a brand more than a movie. But in a sense, at least it will never die. It is really cool to see little kids eye's light up when they pick up one of the toys, even if they have no sense of what made the originals so special to those old enough to experience them as they were released.

Like any great mythology Star Wars taps into our collective consciousness and at it's core resonates the themes that every human can relate to. Sacrifice, Loyalty, Redemption, Courage, Friendship, Love. I can't think of a single film or book that has so permeated our modern world culture to the extent that Star Wars has. Regardless of whatever our differing opinions are on the legend he created, or the man himself, we can all agree that Star Wars is forever.

RevengeoftheSeth
10-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Maybe I'm just optomistic, but I am just happy that I was able to watch all 6 movies. I would never have known about Star Wars had it been just a book (I'm not a reader). Anything that extended the story beyond the first 3 would have been welcome, whether it be the perfect set of movies that I picture in my mind or not. It could have just been left at the first 3 and we would never have had the privelege of seeing anything further, at all.

I'm sure I'll have the same outlook on the next 3 (if there are any more). I'll just be happy to be able to see another 3 episodes.

Knighthammer
10-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Even if it has Skywalker in it, the best EU stories out there IMO is the Heir to the Empire series of books. Granted they would never make a trilogy off of those stories because GL didn't write them, but a fan could hope.

noslenpar
10-25-2010, 01:00 PM
the best EU stories out there IMO is the Heir to the Empire series of books

Yeah, the Thrawn Trilogy is the only EU stuff I've ever read, and I thought they were awesome. I've always wished they made them into movies.

RevengeoftheSeth
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
From Wired -

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/10/star-wars-trilogy/

Invisas1979
10-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah, the Thrawn Trilogy is the only EU stuff I've ever read, and I thought they were awesome. I've always wished they made them into movies.

I've not read the thrawn trilogy but have read over 20 SW novels and they have the heart, humor and care of the original movies. That for me is what the attraction of SW is and made me more of a fan than before I read them.

I bet George has never read any of them and so doesn't see that the EU post original trilogy books have the essence of them.

Unfortunately his attempt at re creating characters as good as Vader, Luke and Han, only worked for Obi-Wan.

Qui gon was awesome and got killed off, Maul was the Villian Anakin should have been, Yoda wasn't as awesome as he should have been and there was no attempt at creating a Han, because it was impossible.

I could go on.

There are flashes of the brilliance of the OT, the CGI should have been kept to a minimum (like LOTR) and stuff with Jar Jar, doesn't doesn't count...

There shouldn't have been the forced lovey poodoo with Anakin and Padme it should have been more organic.

Anakin should have just been Dark rather than spoilt, bratty and fawning. Vader is NOT the wimpy child Anakin is.

Ronan
10-25-2010, 05:27 PM
1. Star Wars purists need a diaper change. I saw Star Wars in the theater in 1977, just like a host of other fans around the world. But it’s exceedingly hard not to laugh when fandom loses its nut over the possibility of another film trilogy, or even the failed ambition of the last one. Lucas makes a busload of bank (for Skywalker Ranch and charity, remember) by making movies for every childhood, not just ours.

The fanboys and fangirls who are sad that Lucas might tread on their cherished memories of Han Solo’s hairy chest, or Luke Skywalker’s petulant whining about having to go to the Tosche Station to pick up some power converters, or whatever, need to step back into the timestream and grow up. Sure, Jar Jar Binks still sucks, and that will probably never change. (Why do you think Lucas had him sell out the Senate by proposing to give Palpatine unitary executive power?). But Lucas doesn’t suck, nor has he sold out our sacred childhood fantasies. He’s the one that built them, and another trilogy will remind us all of that inescapable truth.

Read it 3 times.

:mrgreen:

Treach
10-25-2010, 07:08 PM
The day Lucas sits down and has a press release regarding ANY of the speculation, is the day banthas fly. Only words spoken from the man himself, not his minions.

Show me the TV series...besides 'Troop' loops and the Fanfilm shreds...'till then, I'm happy.

Ronan
10-26-2010, 04:33 PM
http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/better-than-star-wars-prequels-better-than-lucas/17yackmuu?from=imbot_en-ca_m1824

And thats the way it is.

Xanatos1986
05-24-2011, 07:33 PM
It's none of my business and I enjoy everyone on the forum, but all unread is people bashing George Lucas... Why? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be doing this hobby... That is all.

Ronan
05-24-2011, 07:38 PM
It's none of my business and I enjoy everyone on the forum, but all unread is people bashing George Lucas... Why? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be doing this hobby... That is all.

Because he only cares about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$.

He doesn't care about the people that make him that money. But hey, when your a multi-billionaire, you do w/e you want.

Oh and do check post dates before necroing.

That is all.

Jedi-Loreen
05-24-2011, 09:26 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/JediLoreen/JSSDC/zombiescopy.png
Can you say, "necropost"?

Xanatos1986
05-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Still makes no sense, I'm just saying, if he didn't care he wouldn't have brought the moves out. Besides isn't that what life is about? Making money? With out money we couldn't do anything. All I can sense is jealousy. Oh and we don't know him so how do you know that's all he cares about? I dont, I'm just saying, I don't care about post dates, if I feel like commenting I will thanks.

Loachri MacTalabh
05-24-2011, 11:39 PM
I don't care about post dates, if I feel like commenting I will thanks.
You won't be doing it for long. It's Against The Rules. Read them.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?7360-Forum-Guidelines-All-members-please-read

Xanatos1986
05-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Soliciting sales – Sales are not allowed on the forums! Tim does not condone any buying or selling, both publicly and via PMs. Remember, he CAN read all of your private messages. This includes linking to eBay for your own sales (without Tim's approval).
Rickrolling (and other things like it) are pretty pointless and don’t contribute anything to any discussion.
Screamers – are exactly like rick rolling.
Role Playing - It is just annoying and is pointless.
Politics - self explanatory
Religion - Also self explanatory. Making a thread asking for good wishes/prayers is fine, but anything beyond that is a no no.
PETA - Anything related to eating meat/animal cruelty.
Drug Use - Anything related to using or procuring illicit drugs.

Where does it say I can't have a opinion? That is all!!!

I was was simply saying why hate the guy that invented this hobby basically... If it wasn't for him we wouldn't be here, that's all I'm saying.

Loachri MacTalabh
05-24-2011, 11:55 PM
AT the end

Thread Reviving
It's going to be simple...

IF... you come across an "older" thread (older meaning--maybe it's 2-6 months old or more)... and...

IF... you find the information in that "older" thread useful...

AND... you have something new/useful/helpful/on-topic (and YOU KNOW DARN WELL what "useful & on-topic" means) to contribute...

THEN... it's OK TO POST.

However...

IF... you have nothing useful & on-topic to add...
... (and YOU KNOW DARN WELL what "useful & on-topic" means)

THEN LEAVE THE BLOODY THREAD ALONE.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Xanatos1986
05-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Oh I read it... And it was useful in my opinion.... Seriously why hate the guy that invented this hobby?

Tarrell
05-25-2011, 02:41 AM
Wow, If only he would not direct it and just produce, this could be the original saga awesomeness. I'd love for them to not focus on the skywalker's there done, but dont cut them out either, it would be like ingnoring they even existed. Old republic would be good, but conflicting with the games out and comming would be difficult.
Personnely If you have read the x wing series, Jedi academy seriers, and my current fav I,Jedi, use these as story ideas and basse the movie's after the Lukes passed away, that way you have him him refered too but physicaly not there, you would have all these new jedi from the academy, a new re republic, and new "bad guys".
If all fails, I a kyle kartarn fan, and hes a character with alot of depth.

Azmaria Dei
05-25-2011, 03:31 AM
since this thread has been revived, i'll throw in my 2 cents too.

first off, money isn't everything. focusing on just that can burn a lot of personal relationships and scar your emotional life, and if you think that's all there is to life, then you need to go home and rethink your life.

as for GL, he really needed people to speak up and temper his creativity like in the first trilogy. his dialogue sucks and we don't need a cartoon rabbit as comedy relief. he also left hundreds of plot holes that the other people thaat worked on the OT were able to talk him into sealing up relatively well. also, i hope he never writes love scene dialogue ever again.

Invisas1979
05-25-2011, 05:27 AM
i hope he never writes love scene dialogue ever again.

You are so... beautiful....

stegasp
05-25-2011, 08:42 AM
I'd love to see a film adaptation of the Thrawn Trilogy or the Jedi Academy Trilogy (with I, Jedi in the mix). But what I'd really want to see, is a trilogy set either in the Old Republic or in the far flung future of the SWU.

Darth Midian
05-25-2011, 09:58 AM
My friend & I were talking about this the other night. We think the Bane trilogy would make for a great set of movies. Have Jason Stathom play Bane. He would have to tame his accent a bit, & have J.J. Abrams direct it. He loves Star Wars. Of coarse I would just love to see a new Star Wars movie, be it from the past or the future.

Jedi-Loreen
05-25-2011, 10:01 AM
You won't be doing it for long. It's Against The Rules. Read them.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?7360-Forum-Guidelines-All-members-please-read

AT the end
I would say it's kind of a gray area with this thread. The last post is less than a year old, and it is about opinions, so I didn't say anything, other than it was a necropost.

Now if it had been someone's 3 yr old Gallery thread, or something like that, and he just posted to say, "Hey, cool saber", I would have stepped in and reprimanded him.

Jimmy_Forsaken
05-25-2011, 06:47 PM
As stated earlier, since this has been revived as of late, I'll give my thoughts. I like GL's work personally and my dream job would be working at ILM, so I think it would be cool to do more SW movies, no matter when and where they are set.

heartagram71
05-25-2011, 10:53 PM
didn't read through all 5 pages, so not sure if it was mentioned, but I'd love to see grandpa george go through with his plot scripts of 7,8,9 that got leaked a couple years ago...where the story took place 30-40 years after ROTJ involving the dark Jedi, and clone Jedi...yeah I know it won't happen because by the time they get around to making them, the original cast will probably be too old to do that sort of stuff lol but I'd really love to see a live action Jacen and Jiana Solo battle against Ben Skywalker(Darth Caedus)

Ty_Bomber
05-25-2011, 11:41 PM
as for GL, he really needed people to speak up and temper his creativity like in the first trilogy. his dialogue sucks and we don't need a cartoon rabbit as comedy relief. he also left hundreds of plot holes that the other people thaat worked on the OT were able to talk him into sealing up relatively well. also, i hope he never writes love scene dialogue ever again.

Somebody has been paying attention...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

I'm glad I'm not alone. This kind of thing makes me seriously think about how the prequels could have been done. As for a new trilogy, I'm content with Clone Wars for now. I don't feel like I need a sequel trilogy the same way I needed a prequels, but I had a lot more expectations as a kid. Now I just have my imagination.

Loachri MacTalabh
05-26-2011, 01:05 AM
Most of his observations are spot on.

Azmaria Dei
05-26-2011, 02:59 AM
i really and seriously hope that GL has watched all of those...

Skottsaber
05-26-2011, 04:26 AM
didn't read through all 5 pages, so not sure if it was mentioned, but I'd love to see grandpa george go through with his plot scripts of 7,8,9 that got leaked a couple years ago...where the story took place 30-40 years after ROTJ involving the dark Jedi, and clone Jedi...yeah I know it won't happen because by the time they get around to making them, the original cast will probably be too old to do that sort of stuff lol but I'd really love to see a live action Jacen and Jiana Solo battle against Ben Skywalker(Darth Caedus)

If you refer to the "Super shadow" idiot that claims to be a close friend of lucas, that's just complete bantha<censored>. He never wrote a 7,8 or 9.

Crystal Chambers
05-26-2011, 05:39 AM
With the huge risks involved in the OT and being so early in his career I'd say he was very ambitious in the beginning which is what made the OT so good. Hopefully the criticism he's received since will make him re-examine his approach to SW films. I not long ago watched that nasty crit of the prequils on youtube and some of the clips of behind the scenes footage really showed just how mmuch George new he was screwing it up....hopefully he's learned from this.

On a more inspiring note I'd really like to see something with the writing and directing of the OT yet the visual style more like the TOR game trailers.

stegasp
05-26-2011, 08:46 AM

I know that I'm about to be "that guy", but Jacen Solo was Darth Caedus. Ben Skywalker isn't Sith, he's Jedi (so far).

heartagram71
05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
oh yeah...I cant believe I completely forgot that...I've read the Yuuzhan Vong war series so many times you'd think it would be imprinted in my brain lol thanks for pointing that out, FAIL on my part...

Onli-Won Kanomi
05-26-2011, 10:52 PM
I would love to see a new SW that is NOT written by GL...preferably set WAYYYYY ABY [and I don't mean the Legacy era] with NO Skywalker-Solo clan...its a biggggg Galaxy not all about one family eh?

2 thoughts have always bothered me about SW.

[1] Wouldnt the ORDINARY people [NON-Force users] of the Galaxy eventually get sick and tired of thousands of years of endless 'Star Wars' being brought about by the political machinations of the Jedi and Sith Orders against each other and say "a Pox on BOTH your houses" ;-) and want to GET RID of ALL the Force users "for the common Peace"?

Maybe the Mandalorians wait til one of those tines when the Sith and Jedi ALMOST wipe each other out and then they step in and finish the job? Mandalorians take over the galaxy, hunt down every Force-user and OUTLAW both the Jedi/Sith religions alike and after a few centuries people have almost forgotten there ever was "the Force", Jedi or Sith...and most people LIKE it that way after centuries of Star Peace instead of Star Wars...until Force users make a sudden resurgence...and everything all goes 'squirrelly' again...

"Return Of The Force"?

[2] Slavery. No not of people in Hutt Space or outside the Republic/Empire/whatever civilized instirution rules the Galactic centre. No I mean DROID slavery.

How long before droids get sick and tired of being treated like 'possessions'? And REBEL. And I can guess who might just be behind that too...a feisty little droid who's seen a lot of History and never got a memory-wipe and has developed a LOT of 'personality' in the couple thousand years since the Battle Of Yavin maybe? If you havent noticed in each of the SW films there is a point where that part of the Saga would never have happened if not for the actions of a little Astromech hero eh? Maybe he decides to 'liberate his people'?

"Revolt Of The Droids"?

Well those are just two alternative directions by way of example than the endless 'Jedi vs Sith' but obviously there are many others, probably much better, that writers other [and better] than Unca George could take SW...paging Dr Drew Karpashyn, Dr Karpashyn to Franchise Surgery, stat... ;)

Invisas1979
05-27-2011, 07:36 AM
I'd really love to see a live action Jacen and Jiana Solo battle against Ben Skywalker(Darth Caedus)

Sorry I think you mean Jaina VS Jacen (Darth Caedus) Ben was Caedus's apprentice.

Missed that reply.

That said they were the legacy of the force series, not the new jedi order (vong series).

Darth Midian
05-27-2011, 08:38 AM
I would love to see a new SW that is NOT written by GL...preferably set WAYYYYY ABY [and I don't mean the Legacy era] with NO Skywalker-Solo clan...its a biggggg Galaxy not all about one family eh?

2 thoughts have always bothered me about SW.

[1] Wouldnt the ORDINARY people [NON-Force users] of the Galaxy eventually get sick and tired of thousands of years of endless 'Star Wars' being brought about by the political machinations of the Jedi and Sith Orders against each other and say "a Pox on BOTH your houses" ;-) and want to GET RID of ALL the Force users "for the common Peace"?

Maybe the Mandalorians wait til one of those tines when the Sith and Jedi ALMOST wipe each other out and then they step in and finish the job? Mandalorians take over the galaxy, hunt down every Force-user and OUTLAW both the Jedi/Sith religions alike and after a few centuries people have almost forgotten there ever was "the Force", Jedi or Sith...and most people LIKE it that way after centuries of Star Peace instead of Star Wars...until Force users make a sudden resurgence...and everything all goes 'squirrelly' again...

"Return Of The Force
I think that's a great idea. I would find a stroy line like that quite interesting.