PDA

View Full Version : resistor help!!!

luma_kamrada
10-23-2010, 12:29 AM
so im planning on purchasing an illuminated switch (blue) and it says that there is no built in resistor and without one the led would fry, so i was wondering what one do i need?

im not really savvy with stuff yet so any help would be nice :D

KuroChou
10-23-2010, 12:38 AM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/wiringbuilder/wiring.aspx

Click the resistor chart tab, and the blue illum. switch under "led choice", then your battery (you didn't specify).

luma_kamrada
10-23-2010, 01:06 AM
thank you i didnt even know this existed lol

luma_kamrada
10-23-2010, 01:10 AM
wait so would i only need one resistor for the main led along with the switch led?

KuroChou
10-23-2010, 01:15 AM
I've already given you one freebie, and I'm hesitant to give another.....
The short answer is no, you'll need at least two.

Read around in the Cutaway views and wiring schematics (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28).
There will be several schematics and discussions answering your question.

Edit:
Editing your posts, or asking additional questions in the shoutbox is preferable to double posting.
I know you can't use the shoutbox yet, and this is for the prevention of unnecessary questions.
The number one policy around here is to read. Not because we're rude. Not because we're lazy. Not because we have some elitist complex.
It's because we go through hundreds of new members every year, who inevitably ask the same questions every time.
We encourage you to find the answers for yourself, because they'll be more meaningful when you do; and in the process you'll probably stumble across the answers to questions you didn't even know you had.

luma_kamrada
10-23-2010, 01:19 AM
thank you for the help :)

once again thanks for the time & tips

equinox13
10-23-2010, 02:19 AM
We encourage you to find the answers for yourself, because they'll be more meaningful when you do; and in the process you'll probably stumble across the answers to questions you didn't even know you had.

"...the answers one finds themselves is worth 1000 answers handed out." Sands of Time