PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Sanity Check

equinox13
10-10-2010, 01:54 AM
ok, after much planning and careful thought, i have decided on a few things.

1 - i'm using a 2010 yoda sound board, but independent of overall operations, triggered by a secondary switch. it will be driving the LED in the AV switch. the recharge port and that switch will be in the pommel.
2 - through the main power switch and the recharge port, i'll have complete isolation of the battery pack. this will work with the charger as well as a kill key.
3 - i'll still be using 3 quick connects for ease of repairs and assembly, but if i take any of those 3 out, it'll be the one to the battery.
4 - the speaker will be mounted at the base of the extension piece and i'll be drilling some smaller holes underneath the rubber O-rings i'll be placing in the grooves.

attached is a copy of the wiring schematic i've come up with. if anyone sees anything wrong with it, please let me know. all i really need now are the parts... come on USPS...

jin starkiller
10-10-2010, 06:08 AM
do you have a render of the saber so we can see what you are doing

also wire the pos and neg from the switch to the board and the switch led will flicker when the clash sensor activates ...very cool

equinox13
10-10-2010, 06:20 AM
do you have a render of the saber so we can see what you are doing

i have a picture from the MHS builder, but that can only get so close. i'll attach it here.

also wire the pos and neg from the switch to the board and the switch led will flicker when the clash sensor activates ...very cool

that's my intent. ^_^ the fact that the LED flickers bothers me a bit for using it as the main LED switch, which is why i'm using it for just the accent LED. that way it's more "quirky" in it's overall personality. ^_^

jin starkiller
10-10-2010, 06:36 AM
looks good ....you doing a crystal chamber with this build

well i liked the flickering effect of the switch cause it does it as the blade does

equinox13
10-10-2010, 07:10 AM
no crystal chambers for me. ^_^ i'll stick to not displaying my crystals for now, though i might have a Krayt Dragon Pearl i might put in a hilt someday... ^_^

i've always loved the description of Corran Horn's lightsaber though, so i think i might do a build based on it eventually. speeder handle! yay! ^_^ hence why i'm going to stick with a 'silver' blade. ^_^