PDA

View Full Version : Activation Box Style 2

Equality 7-2521
10-06-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm looking to use one of the style 2 Activation Boxes and I have a few questions.

1) Anyone know for what hilt diameter these are designed for? My hunch is they're designed for the MHS bodies which indicate "Little under 1.5" OD." That correct?

2) Exactly which AV switches should work with this box? The product listing indicates "Any AV switch," but the momentary illuminated AV switches indicate "These are large and the only items currently set up to accept them are the Box style 4 and Bezel for illuminated switches."

Based on the product images, the third one in particular, they look like they'll fit the recess in the #2 box, but is it a matter of insufficient depth (determined by the height of the box) which might render them inappropriate in some hilts?

Thanks for your time.

Crystal Chambers
10-06-2010, 08:34 AM
1 - correct. Although I've pushed other MHS boxes to fit on sinktube or even MHS sleeve overlays and fit well enough for me.

2 - Not sure...good question that I wondered myself. Weird that you connected them with AV switches. I'd be inclined to think a box would be meant for a slider but then again it looks to me like a push button switch.

jin starkiller
10-06-2010, 08:43 AM
yes it does work with mhs system

there are two types of av switches in the store one is longer than the othere

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/DPDT-Momentary-green-illuminated-switch-P411.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/DPDT-Momentary-green-illuminated-switch-P409.aspx

the only one that ive seen them used on is style 2 and 4

Jay-gon Jinn
10-06-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm looking to use one of the style 2 Activation Boxes and I have a few questions.

1) Anyone know for what hilt diameter these are designed for? My hunch is they're designed for the MHS bodies which indicate "Little under 1.5" OD." That correct?

2) Exactly which AV switches should work with this box? The product listing indicates "Any AV switch," but the momentary illuminated AV switches indicate "These are large and the only items currently set up to accept them are the Box style 4 and Bezel for illuminated switches."

Based on the product images, the third one in particular, they look like they'll fit the recess in the #2 box, but is it a matter of insufficient depth (determined by the height of the box) which might render them inappropriate in some hilts?

Thanks for your time.
ALL of the AV switches in the store will fit in box #2 if used on MHS section, and even if used on a 1 1/4" diameter hilt....the description for the switches was written before the new box #2 was added, so that's why they don't mention it.

Bob93r
10-16-2010, 01:07 AM
I am just about to order some of these, but was planning to use them with a main body hilt. Does anyone know if the AV switch holes line up without the box covering the milled section of the main body?