PDA

View Full Version : Hello, noob from Malaysia.

Wong Yoon Wei
10-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Hi, I am from Malaysia. Don't know where it is? That's the big piece of land above Singapore. I am sure you all must have heard of Singapore. ;-)

Malaysia is also one of the F1 venue if you are into F1. A fun fact is Malaysians own Lotus now. Yes, the manufacturer of those cool Elise, Exige, Evora, etc....

Anyway, I found this place through lurking around in fx-sabers. I have yet to register there but chose to register here first instead because I am going on the path of becoming a Jedi. :D

Yes, after years of renouncing religion (I was born a Taoist, but kept on thinking I was a Buddhist cause that's what it says on my birth certificate (there is only 4 option to choose from and Taoist is not an option), then going through a confusing period where I almost converted to Christianity)

But now my mind is clear and I decided to adopt Jediism. My friends have laughed at me, called me crazy and told me it's a fake religion. But I love the Jedi values values and I do believe there is some kind of a "Force" that binds us all together. My friends can laugh at me all they want but a Jedi has good values worth adopting and I see no harm in that.

My first lightsaber was a HFX ROTS Obiwan. It was cool at first with the sounds and light and all but after a few days, I realized it was too big, the neck is FAT and I can't remove the blade. So I sold it.

Recently I ordered the new HFX with removable blade ROTS Anakin. It's already here but still stuck in the customs for like three weeks now.

Reason I went with that one was because the hilt is very very close to the original Graflex prop and it's removable!!! I can now have the option of wearing the hilt.

Then, I found about all these Luxeon conversion. They look really awesome and they are duel worthy, only to find out that you can't convert those HFX removable blade version.

To be a Jedi, one must built his own lightsaber (or at least convert one, close enough)

So my next purchase will be an Obi Wan TPM, looks great, thinnest of the HFX and the conversion looks easy enough, even for someone who has never held a soldering iron in his life and dropped out of engineering school. (I am however very adept at taking things apart and putting them back together, sometimes with disastrous results)

Another point that motivate me is that Luxeon are made here. Yes, the factory is in Malaysia. So it should be relatively easy enough to buy most of the important components for the conversion, I will still need to order stuff from here and it is fantastic that there is a one stop centre here for all the parts to build a lightsaber from scratch.

The TPM conversion will be a long term project, spread out over a few months or maybe even years!!!

I hope I can get along with everyone here and the wealth of information everyone has shared here really gave me the confidence to take the plunge.

ps- the username is my real name. I pick that one cause I thought it sounded Jedi-ish. :lol:

Gin Malinko
10-05-2010, 09:51 PM
welcome to the boards Wong Yoon Wei.
i agree with you, the aspect of a jedi and his beliefs are very honorible. dont let anyone tell you that you are wrong for your beliefs. as long as you strive to be the best person you can be without having to hurt anyone else, thats all we can ask of any padawan. hehe

you seem to have a firm plan on what you want get done in your sabersmithing future. ive personally never converted any sabers, but i would like to try at some point. i would like to try converting a dooku maybe.

but im rather a noob myself, ive only built around 5 sabers (yet to post pics :| )

but anyway, welcome to the forums ^_^

jin starkiller
10-06-2010, 06:45 AM
welcome to the forums

i have converted a few its pretty easy with the conversion kit from the store ....i have also made a working from just a hilt i picked up ....most diffficult part was the switch finding the right one and making it work

Ronan
10-06-2010, 07:01 PM
LOTUS is a global company... It has engineering centers all over the world, including the US, UK, Malaysia, and even China.

I don't remember seeing a 'Made in Malaysia' tag on my old man's Exige...

Unless this is a recent event?

Welcome to TCSS, tread carefully... its a VERY addicting hobby :D

Wong Yoon Wei
10-06-2010, 08:59 PM
LOTUS is a global company... It has engineering centers all over the world, including the US, UK, Malaysia, and even China.

I don't remember seeing a 'Made in Malaysia' tag on my old man's Exige...

Unless this is a recent event?

Welcome to TCSS, tread carefully... its a VERY addicting hobby :D

Malaysia has own Lotus for more than a decade my fellow Jedi. But rest assured, your Dad's Lotus is still made in the UK, in the same factory, just that the owner ain't British anymore.

Thank you everyone for their warm welcome. Now I just the customs to release the lightsaber already!!! Maybe I need to use the Jedi mind trick on them.

Sunrider
10-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Welcome. It is most glorifying to turn on a saber you designed & made yourself. But... you must do what you feel is right of course.:) May the force be with you.