PDA

View Full Version : saberforge prophecy

jin starkiller
10-03-2010, 07:04 AM
has anybody ever taken any of these apart to replace the led and the switch
i noticed that it looks like it is a 1 peice solid hilt. Anybody knows how to get the led and electronics out without destroying the thing would be appreciated

Darth Xusia
10-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Thats not a Saberforge hilt. It is an Ultrasabers.
It is a one piece hilt. I think the electronics are glued in, but don't hold me to that. I'm sure someone else that does know will chime in.

jin starkiller
10-03-2010, 07:19 AM
well thats what i was told from the guy that gave it to me for payment ....was wondering if someone knew how to get all the electronics out without damaging it to put in a sound board is all

Jay-gon Jinn
10-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Remove the pommel....then remove the switch by prying it up with a flat bladed screwdriver, or some other method, since the switch is recessed on the new ones....you'll have to either cut or de-solder the wires on the switch, but then the electronics simply slide out.

jin starkiller
10-03-2010, 07:45 AM
thanks i got it to come out now going to try and replace the switch and do some upgrades to it

tobu
10-03-2010, 08:48 AM
I've got one.
Seems like the led, heatsink and rflector are hot glued inside the hilt, near the emitter.
It seems like not easy to remove ...

beggarsoutpost
10-03-2010, 09:09 AM
I've got one.
Seems like the led, heatsink and rflector are hot glued inside the hilt, near the emitter.
It seems like not easy to remove ...
It is a small section of blade stock that has the heatsink LED and reflector glued inside it... it should just slip out like Jay said....

Caine Drathul
10-03-2010, 05:38 PM
I want to know who sold that to you so I can smack them upside the head for calling an Ultrasaber a Saberforge product. :mad:

But anyways, good luck on your upgrade.

jin starkiller
10-03-2010, 06:40 PM
i got it from a guy as apartial payment for a pvc saber he wanted built....my opinion i got the better deal

Ronan
10-03-2010, 07:37 PM
With a paint job and maybe some sleeve work, it would be quite nice.

jin starkiller
10-05-2010, 01:02 PM
yes it will .....it coming along nicely with the other 8 builds i got going..:D