PDA

View Full Version : Another new person?

equinox13
10-01-2010, 02:46 PM
hello everyone. ^_^ i learned about the site from a youtube video and i'm certainly having fun with all the parts lists and different things you can do with them and the MHS and wiring diagrams and all that. it may be a while before i can afford to build one (especially since the first build i want to do is about $320) but i'll definitely be in and out.

my diagrams and wiring etc... may be a bit odd to some since i always try to make things modular and easy to pluck and chuck. just a personal preference on my part i think.

i know how to solder, and we have all the tools for that where i work, so no worries there. as for machining and drilling holes and all that, i've never been that good at anything like that... i can tap a hole, but the hole has to either already be there or at least give me a flat surface to work with.

ummm... what else do people normally say in these introductory threads? i don't actually consider myself a 'noob' but i might ask an odd question or two now and then...

thanks! ^_^

jin starkiller
10-01-2010, 02:55 PM
welcome to the forum

Jedi-Loreen
10-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Welcome.

We'll look forward to seeing what sort of modular internals you come up with.

Azmaria Dei
12-18-2010, 01:12 PM
hello! this is my new account... formerly known as equinox13... yes i hit 500 forum posts and finally got fed up with the assumptions people have made about me based on that name. since name changes aren't allowed, i've opted to just make a new account, copy all my settings, info, and contacts to this one, and wait for the 2 week chat box waiting period. i will only be posting with this account from now on, however.

iamdrake
12-18-2010, 01:14 PM
What assumptions were made about you based off of the name equinox13?

Azmaria Dei
12-18-2010, 01:16 PM
What assumptions were made about you based off of the name equinox13?

that i'm a guy. i also use that login name with a few stores as well...

Silver Serpent
12-19-2010, 04:56 PM
This is the internet. A smart person ALWAYS assumes other people are men, until proven otherwise :)

From a quote I heard one time: "Welcome to the internet, where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents."

Azmaria Dei
12-19-2010, 08:01 PM
yeah that's just wrong...

dgdve
12-20-2010, 04:09 AM
hehe everyone knows on the internet girl is really a Guy In Real Life

Jedi-Loreen
12-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Azmaria Dei
12-22-2010, 01:28 AM
i consolidated all my pictures from dropbox to picassa to free up some space. i think i caught most of the dropbox links, but if anyone sees any more, feel free to PM me after my 2 weeks probation are up. ^_^ thanks!

BYRJE FOKAN
12-27-2010, 09:37 PM
I myself did a little lurking (and was into more Tron related stuff) but now I am back and ready to build my first saber.....
So far there are way too many choices and ideas that I have.

Azmaria Dei
12-27-2010, 10:21 PM
I myself did a little lurking (and was into more Tron related stuff) but now I am back and ready to build my first saber.....
So far there are way too many choices and ideas that I have.

start with your simpler ideas and build your way up to a masterpiece. ^_^