PDA

View Full Version : TFU2 pre order offers

bigbret50
09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
I have been looking at pre-ordering TFU 2 and there seems to be some "bonus" offers out there. I am looking for advice on which one those intending to get the game think is the best.

In the US the offers are below:

Gamestop:
Purchase Star Wars The Force Unleashed II and receive a GameStop exclusive in-game Maulkiller skin and silver saber crystal.
Exclusive Character: Maulkiller - In the cloning facilities of Kamino, Darth Vader created a warrior of unparalleled strength and power by combining the genetic material of Darth Maul, former apprentice of Sith Lord Darth Sidious, with his own apprentice, Starkiller. The resulting aberrant clone possessed traits from both warriors, but the crude fusion of two disparate Force users quickly produced physical and mental instabilities that led to the unfortunate clone’s destruction. For a brief time he struck fear into the hearts of all who faced him, even Lord Vader himself.
Exclusive Maulkiller Silver Saber Crystal – The perfect complement to Maulkiller's appearance, the silver crystal make his dual Lightsabers look like an extension of the silver ritual combat tattoos that cover his body and face. This powerful crystal allows Maulkiller to increase the damage he inflicts on his enemies.

Amazon:
Exclusive Challenge: The Mystical Swamps of Dagobah - Explore the mystical swamps of Dagobah in this exclusive challenge. The setting for this challenge is an abstract version of the Dagobah level in the game. Yoda is testing your skills with this dreamlike space. Use Force Grip to lift objects out of the swampy depths of the surface of Dagobah and use them to navigate to your goal. The faster you can do this the more your rewards will be. Beware! Danger lurks just below the smoky surface of the water. The stone pillars you Force Grip and lift out of the murky waters aren’t stable and can collapse at any time, the water is toxic too – wait too long on a platform and suffer the consequences.
Exclusive Challenge: Defend "The Core" - Defend "The Core" by using all your Force Powers and expertise with the lightsaber for as long as you can. Survive for more than 1 minute to complete the challenge. Mastering this challenge could take much longer. Score bonuses are awarded for surviving for longer and killing enemies with impunity.

What do you gamers think??

RevengeoftheSeth
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
I prefer the GameStop one, myself.

FenderBender
09-30-2010, 05:04 PM
I dunno, extra playable content, or a skin with silver crystal?

Imma gonna say, extra content.

ElbE121
09-30-2010, 05:05 PM
I also am going with the game stop bonuses. The maul killer skin looks pretty sick and the silver saber crystals are a cool addition! I just hope the collectors edition is worth the extra money I shelled out though

RevengeoftheSeth
09-30-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm just not a fan of challenges. I play games for the story, rather than to see how many of x enemy I can kill in y time. But different people play different games for different reasons, so it all comes down to what your personal preference is. Do you like cool looking characters or doing extra content?

m270spll
09-30-2010, 08:58 PM
i also agree gamestop all the way. i like new items, character etc lol

dj2rbo
09-30-2010, 09:29 PM
I preordered the Gamestop w/o any knowledge of the amazon one. I guess they're both the same pricewise??

HAVOK
10-01-2010, 09:49 AM
SOO BLOODY EXCITED!!!!!

I pre-ordered from Gamestop last night, I also got Fable 3 on pre-order!!!

Tahm
10-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I ordered the gamestop special addition which comes with an art book and 2GB TFU2 thumb drive plus the "maul killer", silver crystal stuff too of course. It was $20 more I think but I'm a sucker for art books.

Dieuos
10-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Depends what you want. Would you rather have 2 extra challenge grounds or a new character skin and crystal that adds damage?

Personally I'm not buying this game for the challenge grounds, so I'd go for the skin/crystal

jin starkiller
10-01-2010, 02:05 PM
i myself am getting it from gamestop ....but i like both the skins and the new challenges but they probably will release those as some dwloadable packs in the near future

Eomund
10-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Gamestop. Definitely.
Really, both of these options will be available as DLC eventually. But out of the two I'd rather have the Maulkiller and silver crystal now. Don't know why they never had a silver/white option in the first game.

Get the Collector's Edition and play with a Deak Starkiller skin and white blades...now that'd be cool.