PDA

View Full Version : 2 new sound fonts by eastern57

eastern57
09-29-2010, 07:20 AM
Just a show off video... a blatant, shameless, gratuitious, show-off video.

enjoy. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQO-mnfQmMk

Crystal Chambers
09-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Wow! That is rediculously cool. I like the first one best. I'm not crazy about the Jet idea but it sounds like a unique saber, and that pommel insert is too cool. A win for the Win! lol Great job on both of them.

RevengeoftheSeth
09-29-2010, 07:34 AM
Really cool!

You missed the sound forum by half an inch, though, LOL!

jin starkiller
09-29-2010, 07:36 AM
first one is cool not crazy about the others but still good work

Rafalema
09-29-2010, 08:21 AM
Now that's one awesome pommel insert! :cool:

I really like the Vaapad one, especially the power-on/off sounds, only thing that's little weird is the swings :D

eastern57
09-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks, guys!

I have to say that the pitch changes do seem rather silly in a show-off vid. It does, however, appear and sound very appropriate IRL. It's just one of those things that doesn't get captured in a vid.

Afterburn is a very specialized font. Specifically made for this saber - and that pommel. :p I don't imagine it working for anything else.

You missed the sound forum by half an inch, though, LOL! ...

about 5 for me... big screen. :D

FenderBender
09-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Thanks, guys!

I have to say that the pitch changes do seem rather silly in a show-off vid. It does, however, appear and sound very appropriate IRL. It's just one of those things that doesn't get captured in a vid.

Afterburn is a very specialized font. Specifically made for this saber - and that pommel. :p I don't imagine it working for anything else.

about 5 for me... big screen. :D

See, I see afterburn working with a ship inspired saber, sort of like CC's Mantis. Anything with plane/jet/ship aesthetics would serve well. Great font!

ARKM
09-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Cool sound fonts man.

eastern57
09-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Ooh good call, FB. Yeah, it does have those drop ships from Aliens in there too. Real jets don't squeal so much... they mostly just make that loud thundering noise... mostly...