PDA

View Full Version : First MHS Idea

MrTimoshi
09-25-2010, 08:15 PM
This is my idea for my first MHS lightsaber: (If this is in the wrong board, please forgive my indolence and move it.)

I'm having trouble deciding between the two color schemes, so I'm posting it here for your input.

I modeled this a while ago and just made some changes to make it completely TCSS parts (except for the front LED cylinder thing).

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/MrTimoshi/Eternus%20Somnium/EternusSomniumv3.png?t=1285470717

Please give some constructive criticism. :D

****Update****

I removed the LED cylinder, moved the switch box back some, took the rear grip from the red saber, and changed the lights to red because it looks nice and sithy. :cool:

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/MrTimoshi/Eternus%20Somnium/EternusSomniumv35.png?t=1285537337

Parts list:
*Blade Holder Style 1
*Choke Style1
*Hilt Style 1
*Pommel Style 3 v1
*Red Anti-Vandal Switch
*Red Accent LED
*MHS Sleeve 1
*MHS Sleeve (Custom Cut)
*Blade LED: Either white with color discs, or a Seoul RGB
*Black Powder Coat

Oh, and I forgot to say, I'm calling this "Eternus Somnium"... it's Latin for "Eternal Dream". :wink:

Jedi-Elf
09-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Just my opinion but I like the idea of making both of them. Light and Dark side twin sabers would be cool if you have the funds. I would also cut down the height of that accent LED cylinder thingy to make the saber(s) easier to hold, but that's just my two cents. Nice designs and renders btw!

FenderBender
09-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Nice designs, but you're going to have to move that control box down about an inch or more to clear the threads of the parts. Also, that LED thingie, while cool looking in a design, is going to be hell to hold and will probably break or bend under any kind of dueling/stunt work. Unless this is just a stand queen, I would rethink that area. Just my .02

Rafalema
09-25-2010, 11:13 PM
The desing is ok, but IMO the weird LED cylinder whatever ruins it completely.
I think that it would be ripped off from there the very first time you would spin it.

Otherwise, as I said, the desing looks good. I think the red one's better. :cool:

By the way, what program did you use for those renders?

EDIT: If the LED thing is supposed to be a recharge port, I don't think they fit to MHS Chokes. If anyone can confirm this, thank you.

cannibal869
09-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Personally, I like the front end of the green saber and the back end color scheme of the red saber. And yes, that LED stem thingy will get ripped off, unless it's supposed to be the recharge port kill key?

Good designs though. And if you can do a light side / dark side saber, that would be uber cool too!

Skottsaber
09-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Well everyone has said pretty much what I was gonna say except for this:

1) Great design! Looks like you have a really good eye for this stuff ;)
2) If you can't make both, then make the red one. Sith = :cool:

pointoforigin
09-26-2010, 06:01 AM
Personally I'm more a fan of green, but I like the rear grips on the red saber better. The black works better as the main color with the silver staying as highlights IMO. That said, it'd probably be easier to powdercoat the MHS than the sleeve.

Very reminiscent in style of a lot of Fender and Allaerra's work. I totally agree with Jedi-Elf, twin sabers would be awesome.

MrTimoshi
09-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the replies. :D

I actually considered making both o' them... but my lack of job may destroy that possibility.

I agree with Cannibal and pointoforigin... it would look cool with the rear grip from the red saber. And, since it appears to be the general consensus of everyone, I will do without the LED cylinder.

Thank you, pointoforigin for the comment about it being reminiscent of Fender and Allaera's work... I take that as a huge compliment.

Rafalema: I modeled it with Google Sketchup, and rendered it with the "V-Ray" Sketchup plugin. (Sketchup + VRay = :cool:)

RevengeoftheSeth
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM
I like the new update for the red. Looks like Darth Vader's cool brother.