PDA

View Full Version : obi wan sinktube replica

sharpblade81
09-25-2010, 04:20 PM
This was my first saber revisited to have a lux 3 green, accent led, and sound.
its constructed with a grip from a flex flashlight, a 1.25" steel tube (could have been sinktube) and 1.5 tailpieces. The blade holder is custom, one of a kind machined PVC!!!:cool:
Electronics & specs:
Lux 3 green no resistor
accent red led w resistor
Cheapo 2010 obi wan hasbro board
4AAA alkaline batteries
trans. white polc tubeing w/ blade film and some celo rap
custom pommel fastened by retention screw

heres sum pics: http://s698.photobucket.com/albums/vv344/sharpblade81/obi-wan%20sinkube%20replica/

hope you guys ike it, open criticism is always welcome
video later

Lawrs1
09-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Thats looking pretty good, nice work keep it up

RevengeoftheSeth
09-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Say, that's pretty good!

Too bad it's not easy to replicate the pommel (unless your name is Acerocket).

sharpblade81
09-25-2010, 09:56 PM
thanks for the kind words guys, i was actually expecting more criticism than what i've got, then i remembered how sweet the forums are :)

mongo
09-26-2010, 07:07 AM
thats purdy -never under estimate the power of sinktubes

Darth Midian
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM
That's a cool looking saber. I really like the grip. I was wondering, is the clip on the back a guitar strap holder?

sharpblade81
09-26-2010, 06:22 PM
That's a cool looking saber. I really like the grip. I was wondering, is the clip on the back a guitar strap holder?
yes it is! very good observation. i use many different "doodads" and "doohickeys" on my sink tube sabers.

jedimastergarcia87
09-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Sweet saber dude. Did you get the idea of when Obi-wan had a green lightsaber for awhile? Also if you can get a different switch. Maybe a red gaurded switch from th store? Also I think his sabe would deserve more a Ultra Sound board if yo u can ever find one. I might do an Obi-wan MHS next week.

sharpblade81
09-27-2010, 06:56 PM
i did get the green from when he had a green saber. I've never thought of adding the guarded switches, but i feel like that would be a great improvement. thanks for the tip

Crystal Chambers
09-28-2010, 04:37 AM
Very resourceful! That must have took some research, experimenting and testing to get things to fit and function properly. I originally wanted to go hardware for my first build as well but opted for sinktube/MHS hybrid.

sharpblade81
09-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Very resourceful! That must have took some research, experimenting and testing to get things to fit and function properly. I originally wanted to go hardware for my first build as well but opted for sinktube/MHS hybrid.
i was originally planning on buying the mhs to sink tube adapter then making the same shroud to put over it, but because i'm only sixteen and i don't have alot of spending cash, i opted out of that ;).

kage_no_mozaiku
03-01-2011, 08:20 PM
OMG! BIGYELLOWBOX BUILD #2! its the same one im working on this week oddly enough. i was fortunate enough to have the money to order teh activator box #6, pommel 3V2, the gear, and a guarded switch. yours looks pretty bloody good. im glad you decided not to use their pommel cus it just dont look right. your choice looks cleaner and more streamlined.