PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Master

Darth Midian
09-22-2010, 11:12 AM
I just finished this saber for my sister. It's going to be Christmas present for her & my brother in laws friend. It's pvc 1" & 1 1/4".
I used the thick walled trans white blade stock on this saber. I'm completly sold on this blade stock. I absolutly love it. There is no film in it. It's just the blade & tip. It lights all the way up to the tip.
I used the 5 degree lens & holder
P4 red, Luxeon star heat sink, 4.7 ohm 3W resistor
my crystal chamber for pvc, acrylic red crystal,
red led from a string of Christmas lights, & 220 ohm 1/4W resistor
standard latching switch & bezel
custom 4 AAA battery box
covertec wheel, & red anodized screw.

jin starkiller
09-22-2010, 11:36 AM
very cool looking saber ..love thye crystal chamber

Crystal Chambers
09-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Nice...looks like a lot of work went into the overlay. So your sister is sharing her saber with her husbands friend? lol I must be missing something.

RevengeoftheSeth
09-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Now THAT is a nice looking PVC saber. I love the shroud! Very clean all around.

How do you get your cuts so straight and clean?

Darth Midian
09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Thank you. It has been a minute since I built a saber. It feels great to be building again. I had to put production on hold, with school starting. I had to buy school supplies, cloths, & pay school fees this year for 2 of kids. My youngest daughter started school this year.
Crystal, it does sound wierd. She's giving it to thier friend as a Christmas gift. Seth,the shroud wasn't that bad. I locked down in my vice, took a deep breath, exhaled & squeezed. :D That breathing exercise comes in handy for other things than just firing an M-16. I spent 3 years in the infantry, 11H10, Anti-Tank, Tow missle, HOOAH. I put it in my vice and just followed the line. I drilled out the holes with a 3/4" paddle bit. That is also how I got the round curves on the front & back of the shroud & the piece around the switch. I drilled the holes with the 3/4" paddle bit & made a 45 degree cut in the center of the hole. The smaller curves are free hand dremeling. The hand sanding was the real pain. OK, now that think about it there was a bit of work involved in it.

RevengeoftheSeth
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
I really need to get a vice. That is holding me back big time.

Nice use of BRASS techniques, there ;)

HAVOK
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
hell yes that is a sweet saber. I love the exposed crystal chamber!

Darth Midian
09-22-2010, 12:34 PM
I use a drill press vice. I think it was $20. or $25. I use the heck out that thing.
Thanks Tom.

Sunrider
09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Cool style. I like the round lines. :cool:

Darth Midian
09-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks Sunrider. Tom the crystal chamber is secured with the red thumb screw. The same way a blade is secured with a thumb screw.

ARKM
09-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Man people sure are getting creative with PVC these days. Kudos on a nice looking PVC saber.

Darth Midian
09-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks Arkm. Pvc is fun to work with.

DJMoonbass
09-22-2010, 10:55 PM
and the PVC master pulls it off again! very nice man. kinda reminds me of the one you built for me. ( i need to get that back from tiffany :rolleyes:)

Darth Midian
09-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Thanks a lot DJ. Dude, I think you may have lost your saber.

Spidergate
09-23-2010, 10:43 PM
That's really nice. It looks aggressive and elegant at the same time.

Invisas1979
09-24-2010, 03:03 AM
Man, almost every time I see a PVC saber I don't like them, but yours are so good I can't help but like them.

I wish to god you'd work on metal though....

Another cracker

Darth Midian
09-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Thank you Spidergate. Thank you Invisas, I have an MHS hilt sitting on my bench. I just need to get a blade, Li-ion battery, MHS sleeve material. I've been waiting on MHS sleeve material since June. I don't want to use sink tube on the this hilt. I beleieve I have found an alternative, so I should have that saber done in the next 2 months. While I'm waiting, I'm just keeping myself busy with pvc. Thanks again for all the positive feedback.