PDA

View Full Version : mounting sinktube blade holder

Erist Trieber
09-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Ok I am not seeing a thread about this. I am certain I am correct but affermation from you experienced builders is best. The 1.25" Sink tube LED/Blade holder mounts to the tube walls of my saber correct? or is there another way to do this?

Thanks gang

Jedi-Loreen
09-18-2010, 01:55 PM
It mounts to the sink tube, yes. How else would you expect to keep in in?

This is also not the appropriate place to post this.

The Modular hilt system, or General hilt building sub-forums would have been better.

Erist Trieber
09-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Ok thanks for the imput and the correction

Jay-gon Jinn
09-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Actually, there is a thread about that...well, sort of....right in this very section of the forum:
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=5052

cardcollector
09-19-2010, 10:15 AM
When I first started, I had the same question... But I found this thread and it answered everything I needed to know. :)

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=2547

tankhog
02-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Perhaps he was referring to how do you line up the 3 holes that are predrilled into the blade holder (blade retention and two that actually affix the blade holder to the sink tube) with the holes one would need to drill into the sink tube.

Has anyone measured the distances between all three since they are all just in a straight line cause that info would be a great help since I don't have a digital caliper and working with such small dimensions even /32 or /64 of an inch could make it or break it from fitting perfectly.

If not, what methods do you use to mark or align your holes for drilling?
People can't really just hold up a piece of paper to it and make marks for the holes that way, can they?

cardcollector
02-04-2011, 08:39 PM
You can wrap the BH in paper, mark where the holes are, and transfer it to the tube. It works great. :)

tankhog
02-05-2011, 12:24 AM
I had seen that method and was hoping for something a little more precise but I suppose I'll give that a try!

cardcollector
02-05-2011, 05:05 PM
The key to getting it right is having the straight edge of the paper aligned with the end of the tube. This is one of the most accurate ways to do it... (that I have tried anyways...)

kage_no_mozaiku
03-01-2011, 10:44 PM
It mounts to the sink tube, yes. How else would you expect to keep in in?

This is also not the appropriate place to post this.

The Modular hilt system, or General hilt building sub-forums would have been better.

do you really have to throw around such an attitude? i think a little more humility would have been in order as well as trying not to make him look like an idiot. ....and your last statement could have been handed down without being so calloused and with a lot more tact. as in...oh, say.....a suggestion? or a friendly reminder? such as; "this would work better in the modular hilt or general hilt building sub-forums". or even "this really should be placed in.......". honestly......is it really that hard? and to let you know.....yes there are ways of keeping order and correcting ppl w/o making them feel inferior.