PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

Tarragon Rill
09-18-2010, 02:07 AM
It seems from some posts if we request a specific PC color not normally stocked that we can get it done, but in other posts it seem slike maybe we can only use the colors mentioned in this forum.

To this end I am looking for a definitive answer. Can we indeed get a specific PC ordered and have our parts coated? And if so how much (by weight, volume etc.) does it take to cover a saber? If I had to I may just buy the PC and send it to Tim and have him use it.

Here is a link to the PC I was looking for.. it is the closest match i can find for the saber my wife designed if you have seen that post.
http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_28&products_id=113

And since this is a "translucent" color, is it best to polish the aluminum or use the crome as an under coat? By this I mean wich has the most "shine" to it? i would guess the polished aluminum but just asking.

Skottsaber
09-18-2010, 02:46 AM
If I had to I may just buy the PC and send it to Tim and have him use it.

That is exactly what you have to do.
As for the trans colors, I'm pretty sure you would need Tim to polish the MHS first.

Tarragon Rill
09-18-2010, 03:31 AM
Any idea how this would look? It says to dry mix it with your primary powder color and then use it as normal. Therefore it cant be too dificult to use. But I am wondering about the result, would it mess with the color of the original too much? And how well does the glow effect work?

Matt Thorn
09-18-2010, 04:18 AM
Any idea how this would look? It says to dry mix it with your primary powder color and then use it as normal. Therefore it cant be too dificult to use. But I am wondering about the result, would it mess with the color of the original too much? And how well does the glow effect work?
Hm? Where does it say that about mixing with a primary color? What "glow effect"? You are talking about "Candy Rasberry," right? All you need to do is apply it in the normal fashion to polished aluminum. But it's not going to "glow."

Tarragon Rill
09-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Ah sorry did not post the new link... ill have to look for it again. it was a "glow in the dark" powder that you mixed in to make the powdercoat glow.

it had a pinkish tint to it, just wondering if it glows pink, or if it glows the basic "glow in the dark green". any way, just wondering if anybody had seen this glowing PC. it may have been interesting to have the pink saber glow in a pink color. just an idea, no biggie, if i find the link again ill post it.

Matt Thorn
09-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Oh, I see. "VIOLET GLOW IN THE DARK ADDITIVE (http://powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1611)" should work with the Candy Raspberry and give it a, well, "violet glow." Since you only need a bit more than 1 oz. per pound of primary color, it should hardly affect the color at all, particularly since they are very similar colors to begin with. I'd love to see what that would look like. Too bad the only glow-in-the-dark additives they have are Aqua Blue, Green, and Violet.