PDA

View Full Version : What should i use

unterklingen
09-11-2010, 05:59 PM
hi all, i am getting my first custom saber. and i want an LED strip for my saber so it can get that sort of ladder effect. and plus, i dont like how the lighting is uneven.

What light should i get, the v1 or v2 led string specific thingy, or do you guys know a method that i could use for evening out the light of the luxeon LED?

cardcollector
09-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Hey dude, you need to do some serious reading... Start reading in the "Start Here" Section. Read the stickies. even if you plan on building only one saber, you should do your homework.

I'm not trying to come off as "rude" or "snobbish". This is a DIY forum, asking a bunch of questions that have already been explained and answered in much detail gives the impression of Laziness, which I doubt you are.

So sit back and spend a few days reading these threads. You will learn everything you need to know.

unterklingen
09-11-2010, 06:22 PM
ok, srry

Skottsaber
09-12-2010, 01:52 AM
Just to direct your searches a bit, yes, Luxeon blades are really even nowadays. New blade tech has made sure of this.

Jedi-Loreen
09-12-2010, 08:57 AM
hi all, i am getting my first custom saber. and i want an LED strip for my saber so it can get that sort of ladder effect. and plus, i dont like how the lighting is uneven.

What light should i get, the v1 or v2 led string specific thingy, or do you guys know a method that i could use for evening out the light of the luxeon LED?
The higher the version (and the more expensive), the brighter the LED, so wouldn't you want to get the brightest that you can?

If you do an LED ladder blade, you do know that you have to build it yourself, right? The ladders do not come pre-made.

And did you also know that you need the proper board to drive it with? Like an FX saber board. Otherwise you won't get the blade extension and retraction effect.

unterklingen
09-12-2010, 12:38 PM
The higher the version (and the more expensive), the brighter the LED, so wouldn't you want to get the brightest that you can?

If you do an LED ladder blade, you do know that you have to build it yourself, right? The ladders do not come pre-made.

And did you also know that you need the proper board to drive it with? Like an FX saber board. Otherwise you won't get the blade extension and retraction effect.

i know that u have to build the ladder yourself and the highest version available is out of stock, but i have decided to get a seoul p4 LED anyway
thanks for the help, it will come in handy for when i want to try my first ladder saber n_n

Shadar Al'Niende
09-12-2010, 12:52 PM
IIRC the Mako led's will no longer be stocked....

Skottsaber
09-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Really? Why could that be?

Jedi-Loreen
09-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Where did you hear that, Shad?

Shadar Al'Niende
09-13-2010, 08:11 PM
I do not remember, and could be mistaken... maybe Tim can clear it up for us.

Ronan
09-14-2010, 03:32 PM
We talked about that last night i believe.

V1 and V2 in stock, V3 out of stock (and has been for awhile).

Someone mentioned that he was told by Tim they do not sell good enough, so he won't be restocking.

Shadar Al'Niende
09-14-2010, 04:13 PM
...Someone mentioned that he was told by Tim they do not sell good enough, so he won't be restocking.

that is what i thought i had heard but could not point to a source reliably...