PDA

View Full Version : Graflex conversion

Picky
09-10-2010, 01:48 AM
This is for a future project, so there is no hurry. I'm a little ashamed to tell you that I don't have yet a Graflex saber :oops: ...
So in future I will try to use the Graflex present at TCSS to build a Luke ANH saber. But I'm not sure about which parts I have to buy, are these correct or there is something missing?
Graflex Replica
Graflex LED adapter
4 short pins graflex style
SPST mom. button (the short one, I will glue it under the red button of the Graflex)
4AA battery holder (1.5V each: non-rechargeble, I need more than 5V for this)
6 piece rubber grip 3.6"
Lux. III Cyan with optics
I have the short D-ring and a lot of button head screws of various dimensions (but not the 1/2", yet)
I already have the TCSS LED Driver with Add On board (this needs 5V to work), I will probably use a clash sensor and not an Aux. button, anyone has already tried if it works correctly?
Do I need some particular screw? I see that all the screws of the Graflex are no more present in the store: it is not written: "Out of stock", the items themselves are not present.

Thank you all!

B5813
09-10-2010, 07:33 PM
That's good enough to get it going. If you're going to build an internal chassis wait until you have the Graflex and blade adapter so you can make precise measurements. I can't see that you'll need specific screws for the job other than mounting the d-ring. You can use a regular 8/32 thumbscrew to secure the blade until the red button/glass eye thumbscrews come back. Also, do a web search for Graflex conversion thumbscrews. You'll find a site or two you might choose to order from should this one not restock those items.