PDA

View Full Version : I am back!

Darth Vane
09-09-2010, 01:33 AM
well not entierly lol. any way i have been gone from the saber comunity for a while now and i want to cath up on things around here.

so for starters i'll let you guys know wats up with me.

i have been going to colledge for almost a year now. my custom saber broke beacuse of the lens holder shattering and the diode of the luxeon broke off so i gotta get a new one of those. have a new girlfreind who is a saber nut like me. and thats realy it.

speaking of lens's. i heard some were that some lens's dont fit certain lens holders. i have tried searching as i KNOW i have read this before but i cant find any info.....my question is wich lens holder will fit what lens? (i dont want one shattering on me again.)

p.s. sorry if my spelling is horrible asit is 4:30 in the morning here.

look forward to hearing from you guys.

-Vane

Jedi-Loreen
09-09-2010, 03:34 AM
The Store carries the 10 degree lens holder. The 5 degree lens doesn't fit in that properly without some modification of either the lens holder, or the lens itself.

Also, you need to have your wires soldered to the correct pads (the ones that are 90 degrees from where the tabs of the LED emitter are soldered on the the star), or the lens holder won't seat properly on top of the star and the optics will get crushed when you try to screw the blade holder down all the way.

Take a look at these 2 threads for some more information:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=3546

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=10254

Skottsaber
09-09-2010, 07:12 AM
i have been going to colledge for almost a year now.

We can see...

:-P

Darth Vane
09-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks J-lo. thise will help alot when i re-build it. although i think i might go with a fifernt color though instead of red. i am thinking mabey Green........

Jedi-Loreen
09-12-2010, 10:50 PM
You're welcome, but you can't use the same excuse for your poor spelling in your last post as you did in your first. :rolleyes:

Thanks J-lo. thise will help alot when i re-build it. although i think i might go with a fifernt color though instead of red. i am thinking mabey Green........
That doesn't count your lack of capitalization. :p