PDA

View Full Version : Crystal chamber chassis for a pvc hilt.

Darth Midian
09-05-2010, 11:00 AM
What do you get when you take scrap 1" thin walled blade stock, 2- 1" washers, 2 -5mm led holders, 2 machine screws & nuts, 1 acrylic red crystal, 1 red christmas led, & 1 resistor. You got it, a crystal chamber chassis for a pvc hilt. My brother in law asked me if I could build his friend a Sith pvc saber. I told him to give me money for the parts & I'll do the rest. So here are a few pics of the crystal chamber I came up with. I know it's not fancy, but it's designed to go into a pvc hilt. I fits nicely in 1" pvc.

Rafalema
09-05-2010, 11:15 AM
It's not too fancy, but simple, works and looks cool.

Great work. :cool:

Darth Midian
09-05-2010, 01:24 PM
It's not too fancy, but simple, works and looks cool.

Great work. :cool:

Thank you. Since it's going in a pvc hilt there really isn't to much room to get fancy.

jin starkiller
09-05-2010, 06:25 PM
it isn't fancy but it is workable.....very cool for a pvc saber ....glad that it works on 1" pvc...:)

JRD1
09-05-2010, 07:24 PM
What do you get when you take scrap 1" thin walled blade stock, 2- 1" washers, 2 -5mm led holders, 2 machine screws & nuts, 1 acrylic red crystal, 1 red christmas led, & 1 resistor. You got it, a crystal chamber chassis for a pvc hilt. My brother in law asked me if I could build his friend a Sith pvc saber. I told him to give me money for the parts & I'll do the rest. So here are a few pics of the crystal chamber I came up with. I know it's not fancy, but it's designed to go into a pvc hilt. I fits nicely in 1" pvc.

I have been thinking about how to do this... Good idea!

B5813
09-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I like the use of the blade cutout as a windowed housing. You know if you took fine grain sand paper and scuffed it up in a uniform fashion it would glow more red too as it would diffuse the light better. You'd still have a window to view the actual crystal so it wouldn't take away from that view and when not light you wouldn't be able to see those screws.

Darth Midian
09-06-2010, 06:13 AM
I like the use of the blade cutout as a windowed housing. You know if you took fine grain sand paper and scuffed it up in a uniform fashion it would glow more red too as it would diffuse the light better. You'd still have a window to view the actual crystal so it wouldn't take away from that view and when not light you wouldn't be able to see those screws.

That's a cool idea. It would definately make it look more finished. I plan on having a small window cut out on top of the pvc just to show the top part of the crystal. So the chassis won't be visable. The idea behind the blade stock chassis is that it fits perfectly inside the 1" pvc, & it can be secured just like a blade. I plan on using a wood insert & a button head screw to hold it in place. Thank you for the feedback.:p