PDA

View Full Version : In need of asistance

JamoUp
09-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Here i s the situation:

I have a MR soundboard, powered by 7.4LiIon pack with a 5V regulator. I've used this several times, no issues.
I am powering a LEDengin LED RGBA "GA" in series direct from the 7.4V pack (again, done this before, no issue)

I wired the "R" die to a mom switch to get a push button clash- this works
I also wired a mom switch to the MR board's clash pads to get pushbutton clash sounds. - this works

Is there a way to get the clash light and sound on the same mom switch?
maybe using a pcb or relay or something? When I try to wire them both to the same switch, I get voltage from the LED into the board and vice versa. I tried using a resistor to limit /cancel the voltage from the LED into the board, but..no.

Any help/advice/assistance you can give would be appreciated.

Here is a video of what I have, in case I wasn't clear.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i268/jamothegr8/th_IMG_3833.jpg (http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i268/jamothegr8/?action=view&current=IMG_3833.mp4)

Thank you!

Darth Xusia
09-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Maybe try a DPDT momentary switch for your effects. I'd like to see the result of this.

JamoUp
09-01-2010, 01:47 PM
yeah, I am going to try that. But the DPDT switches are much larger than I want to use (in the new AV switch/mom switch/recharge port box)

Darth Xusia
09-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Maybe use a small momentary switch with a Pololu circuit to activate the board and a DPDT from the store for the effects. Just a thought.

JamoUp
09-01-2010, 02:27 PM
We are thinking along the same lines. Thank you for the suggestions.
But :( I need the main switch to be DPDT as well to turn on the board and the LED, as I am direct-drive-ing the LED.

Darth Xusia
09-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Hmmm... Maybe some type of relay, driven from the board output, to activate the direct-drive? I'm just throwing out ideas. That is a new one on me.
I am definitely interested in seeing the finished saber.

Sunrider
09-01-2010, 02:56 PM
It might work with the pololu board.

JamoUp
09-01-2010, 08:42 PM
I've been looking into that. I'm not sure how the wiring would work. Maybe I'll get one and play around with it. I hope that works.