PDA

View Full Version : Dream Home

desertscorpion
06-30-2006, 08:24 AM
If you guys had a 200 Million in the bank, one of the things you'd probably do is finally build your dream house. If you were building your dream "estate," what kind of star wars themed stuff would you have in it? Especially, would you change the structure of a room or a wing to reflect something from Star Wars? I was thinking about, recently, how, for me, I used to think the Millenium Falcon was just an ok ship, but after I played KOTOR, I really started to enjoy the inside of the Ebon Hawk. I think that it be cool to build a "man cave" in the basement of my dream house, someday, and model it, at least in layout, on the interior of that ship - except a lot more plush. Theatre, arcade, pooltable, sofas, etc - just a place to relax and be a neanderthal. What do you guys think? What would you do?

Yoiaholic
06-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Beign a realtor I can tell you that no one is every happy with a home even after they build it themselves, its just one of those things that needs to evolve as your life changes...

But on to SW. I have always wanted to build a life-size Xwing and Tie fighter complete with the latest simulation programs, simalar to how the airline industries have for their pilots. Therefore when you sit in the ****pit you really are as close to being in an X-Wing as you'll ever be. Imagine playing X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter in that! I doubt it would have a large market for production (one of the things I'd try do if I won the lottery) and getting a licence from LFL might be impossible but I've always wanted to make these.

I already plan to include a Star Wars themed room in my next house (we are going to build our own in about 5 years). I'm not sure whcih architecture style from the movies I'll use but thats my goal.

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/yoiaholic/dookubig.jpg

naashar
06-30-2006, 10:35 AM
I would build a life-sized mock up of the Bespin Airshaft, complete with walkway, that I'd use to meditate. That, and spit off of.[:I]

That, and a Chancellors' Chambers, like Palps. Pimpalicious![;)]

You don't need to see any identification.

desertscorpion
06-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Is that the one from Jedi Outcast or Academy that you can float to different platforms? That was awesome!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by naashar

I would build a life-sized mock up of the Bespin Airshaft, complete with walkway, that I'd use to meditate. That, and spit off of.[:I]

That, and a Chancellors' Chambers, like Palps. Pimpalicious![;)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

desertscorpion
06-30-2006, 10:51 AM
I think that sounds pretty cool. I really like tiefighters, personally...or an Infiltrator. Yeah, Baby! [}:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Yoiaholic

Beign a realtor I can tell you that no one is every happy with a home even after they build it themselves, its just one of those things that needs to evolve as your life changes...

But on to SW. I have always wanted to build a life-size Xwing and Tie fighter complete with the latest simulation programs, simalar to how the airline industries have for their pilots. Therefore when you sit in the ****pit you really are as close to being in an X-Wing as you'll ever be. Imagine playing X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter in that! I doubt it would have a large market for production (one of the things I'd try do if I won the lottery) and getting a licence from LFL might be impossible but I've always wanted to make these.

I already plan to include a Star Wars themed room in my next house (we are going to build our own in about 5 years). I'm not sure whcih architecture style from the movies I'll use but thats my goal.

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku

Nightwing
06-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Yoiaholic, I had the exact same idea for the flight simulator.

I'm still looking for a way to get my USB joystick to work with the X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM...

naashar
06-30-2006, 10:57 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

Is that the one from Jedi Outcast or Academy that you can float to different platforms? That was awesome!

Yeppers! Humidor on one level, wine "cellar" on another, even a room with a swimming pool full of bouncy balls. Chuck-E-Cheese all the way.

desertscorpion
06-30-2006, 11:52 AM
That sounds nice! Humidor! Great! [8D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by naashar

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by desertscorpion

Yeppers! Humidor on one level, wine "cellar" on another, even a room with a swimming pool full of bouncy balls. Chuck-E-Cheese all the way.

Erik
06-30-2006, 11:53 AM
I'd love to build a bar in the basement that looked like Chalmun's. Thank the gods I look less like Wuher than I did 30# ago[:D]

Besides that, I'd have to seriously look into Tatooine architecture if I were to move to the deserts of the SW.

"They told me they fixed it!!! It's not my fault!"

desertscorpion
06-30-2006, 12:02 PM
How bout a techno dance club that looks like the throne room in ROTJ? [:p]

987654321a
06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
id have every life sized 1:1 scale character from star wars. yep thats alot.

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/7641/reallycoolpic1bz.png

Madcow
06-30-2006, 02:06 PM
I'd do a shop that resembles the garage on tatooine where Luke first sees the holo of Leia. That's where I'd have all my pro saber making tools.

And my office would have that sweet round window that Luke crashes through in ESB.

MC

http://rpetkau.photosite.com/~photos/tn/88_348.ts1141004694072.jpg
You want to go home and re-think your life

Erik
06-30-2006, 02:33 PM
My neighbors were going to try to get us on Monster House, but at the time, my wife wasn't as big into Star Wars as she is now.

How about a full scale AT-AT to have as your office! Have to build the landing pad (for your real world helicopter) so people could get inside! Couldn't have everyone use a harpoon and lightsaber to just say Hi.[;)]

"They told me they fixed it!!! It's not my fault!"

desertscorpion
06-30-2006, 03:09 PM
You guys are more serious than I am! I didn't know so many people were in love with Tatooine! That AT-AT sounds cool, too!

Mi Gin Gonn
06-30-2006, 03:23 PM
besides building 1:1 scale replicas of a snowspeeder, AT-AT, the Falcon, an A-wing, B-wing, X-wing, and Tie Fighter, I'd make a driveable version of Luke's landspeeder and see how many looks I get in traffic.

well, there went my $200 million. Money well spent.

oh, and I'd buy a bunch of Leia slave bikinis for my harem of womernz that'd I'd be chillin' with Hugh Hefner-style. [8D]

-------------------------

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some idea-balls to remove from a manitee tank."

Daj Nallig
06-30-2006, 05:02 PM
200Mil?!?!?!? Oh, man! Lets see, Underground 3 storeys deep. Top floor- family living area laid out like Cloud City. Level 2- bedrooms-each with its own Kitchenette (midnite snax,ya know!). Level 3- Mine,all mine! 1 room for saber dueling/drills, laid out like the Jedi temple, 1 room for building sabers, 1 room for my other passion, guitars, and last, but not least, THE CAVE! Imagine, if you will, a blend of the Jedi temple council chamber and Palp's throne room on the Death Star-complete with a plasma screen, surround sound, the whole shebang! hmm, the lottery is lookin better & better!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/jdg61/JDN2.jpg

Nightwing
06-30-2006, 07:10 PM
I'd have several things.

First, I'd have a "Jungle Room". Basically, a gigantic room filled with both real and fake plants, all to create the illusion of a jungle. It'd be complete with ponds and streams that are really swimming pools, treehouses (yes, that's plural), and all sorts of secret hideaways.

Second, I'd have a few secret passageways into my own batcave. It would double as a theatre room.

I've actually been in a 43 million dollar house before. It was really cool. There's a TV hidden somewhere in each room.

EDIT:
This was it:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/05/28/1053801451874.html

I got to play in the bowling alley. [:D]

Mi Gin Gonn
06-30-2006, 08:49 PM
dang, how could have i forgotton the bowling alley?

not to mention an arcade with every 80's video game ever. and a recording studio. plus my circular driveway would double as a go-kart track.

one more while i'm thinkin' of it...one room filled with paper silhouette targets, so I could shoot a .44 magnum indoors a la "Sledge Hammer" [:D]

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some idea-balls to remove from a manitee tank."

GFORCE13
06-30-2006, 11:26 PM
I just want a full scale xwing that could hover over the pool and it's landing lights would light it up at night. [:D][:p]

<center>
" I am a Jedi like my Father before me"
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/G-FORCE13/th_DCP_1240.jpg
</center>

StrangeWings
07-01-2006, 12:50 AM
well this might be a bit more than 200 million but my dream home would be Padame's apartment. Complete with the view of corusant. So in other words...never gonna happen. Back to the real world. It might be cool to do a set up like they have at the Star Tours ride in disney. The ewok village up in the trees with the large, although not full scale, AT-AT.

desertscorpion
07-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Daj,

I totally agree. Cool ideas. And I think a kitchenette and bathroom for every room is definitely a must.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Daj Nallig

200Mil?!?!?!? Oh, man! Lets see, Underground 3 storeys deep. Top floor- family living area laid out like Cloud City. Level 2- bedrooms-each with its own Kitchenette (midnite snax,ya know!). Level 3- Mine,all mine! 1 room for saber dueling/drills, laid out like the Jedi temple, 1 room for building sabers, 1 room for my other passion, guitars, and last, but not least, THE CAVE! Imagine, if you will, a blend of the Jedi temple council chamber and Palp's throne room on the Death Star-complete with a plasma screen, surround sound, the whole shebang! hmm, the lottery is lookin better & better!

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h1/jdg61/JDN2.jpg

desertscorpion
07-01-2006, 07:10 AM
Nightwing,

I always wanted a Jungle Room, too. Kind of an indoor atrium - to the extreme. You could have an automated maintenance free system to care for the plants.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Nightwing

I'd have several things.

First, I'd have a "Jungle Room". Basically, a gigantic room filled with both real and fake plants, all to create the illusion of a jungle. It'd be complete with ponds and streams that are really swimming pools, treehouses (yes, that's plural), and all sorts of secret hideaways.

Second, I'd have a few secret passageways into my own batcave. It would double as a theatre room.

I've actually been in a 43 million dollar house before. It was really cool. There's a TV hidden somewhere in each room.

EDIT:
This was it:
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/05/28/1053801451874.html

I got to play in the bowling alley. [:D]

desertscorpion
07-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Mi Gonn,

The ultimate indoor arcade! Yes! With every version of Streetfighter ever made! Plus, Tron, Hydrothunder, and a KISS pinball machine! Yeah, baby!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn

dang, how could have i forgotton the bowling alley?

not to mention an arcade with every 80's video game ever. and a recording studio. plus my circular driveway would double as a go-kart track.

one more while i'm thinkin' of it...one room filled with paper silhouette targets, so I could shoot a .44 magnum indoors a la "Sledge Hammer" [:D]

desertscorpion
07-01-2006, 07:22 AM
Strange,

Remember KOTOR's interpretation of Kashyyk? Wow, now that kind of lines up with you and Nightwing's treehouse/villages. I think that would be pretty sweet.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by StrangeWings

well this might be a bit more than 200 million but my dream home would be Padame's apartment. Complete with the view of corusant. So in other words...never gonna happen. Back to the real world. It might be cool to do a set up like they have at the Star Tours ride in disney. The ewok village up in the trees with the large, although not full scale, AT-AT.

Nightwing
07-01-2006, 09:00 AM

Nightwing,

I always wanted a Jungle Room, too. Kind of an indoor atrium - to the extreme. You could have an automated maintenance free system to care for the plants.
That's my idea exactly.

Yoiaholic
07-01-2006, 09:09 AM
what about a saber light fixture? I just put my white K2 together and its incredibly bright, think of two of those in the celing, low energy use, tons of light! Instead of florencent tubes we could have sabers with blades! [:D]

desertscorpion
07-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Yeah, maybe you could have arms holding a saber like a torch on the wall, spaced out on the walls like some of the comics I've seen or maybe you could have a huge mural of a historic jedi/sith battle painted on the ceiling, but have the sabers be "real," and be the source of light.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Yoiaholic

what about a saber light fixture? I just put my white K2 together and its incredibly bright, think of two of those in the celing, low energy use, tons of light! Instead of florencent tubes we could have sabers with blades! [:D]

james3
07-02-2006, 07:29 PM
I will come back to this one after some sleep and some thought.

<center>http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/Dadof3/Hatteras_new_spot.jpg
This pic ain't mine but the shooter did a damn fine better job then me.</center>

Mor-El Kesav
07-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Inside of my log cabin in the Smokey Mountains I would have a large exercise room, climate controlled, big enough to have many of my fellow Jedi assemble therein for saber dueling. The room would have an Alderaan feeling to it, with large windows for a spectacular view while resting between rounds. Perhaps a re-creation of the Jedi Council chambers on top of the house would be nice as well.

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
Master Yoda

http://www.theclanmuir.org/Small_Jedi_Starfighter.jpg

http://www.theclanmuir.org/CSA.jpg

Darth Poo Head
07-02-2006, 08:08 PM
I'd have my garage built to resemble the hanger bay of the Death Star...to park the car collection that I'd start in.
Then I think it’d be cool to have different rooms in the house resemble different planets and locations from the saga.
Master bed room - like Palp’s apartment, Kitchen set up to look like the cantina, hallways all like the halls of the Tantive V, a night club in the basement set up like Jabba’s throne room, living room like the Emperor’s throne room, and so on

It's not the Jedi way....
http://gallery.wewt.net/albums/Gipes-World/6_G.gifhttp://gallery.wewt.net/albums/Gipes-World/darth_poo_head_sig_3_06.jpg