PDA

View Full Version : custom sith holocron

narod
08-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Sooo while waiting for some of the parts i ordered i was flipping thru one of my star wars books any how i ran across a picture of a Sith Holocron i told my self shoot i can make this and thus here it is i am gonna add some stuff to it make it a little more slick looking

xl97
08-27-2010, 07:05 PM
what did you make it out of? how?

how about some build pics? we love gallery and process/build logs around these parts! lol

I think it came out very nice.. good job.

Ronan
08-27-2010, 08:08 PM
Nifty! Looks like copper build + printed images for the 'design'.

Sairon
08-28-2010, 12:27 PM
Time to bring out my all time favourite piece of hobby junk. Wonder flex!!!! I've never made a holocron out of it but it seems viable, then you could use the fosshape or whatever that they also sell to cover the ouside and detail with. The fosshape could also work as a window if you put an led inside so as to alow light to shine through.

http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/wonderflex/

xl97
08-28-2010, 05:52 PM
again..you MADE one or both of those?

pics? anything?

narod
08-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Both the one on the left was the 1st i made the one on the right was my second try i am sure i got some other build pics . I will post them as soon as i get back from LA

as for how i built it

the out side skin was made out of copper flashing cut with a dremmel the windows are made of acrylic, there the sith incantations and stuff on the windows are free hand drew and etched on with my smallest dremmel cutting blade i drew the design free hand on some contact paper and then carved it out, and a layer of BCP over the top of it ,

i still got inside parts to make i got some other pics of jedi holocrons so i got some ideas i took a clock apart and are using the gears and rings to make it look like a mechanical item in the middle is a crystal mounted on a poly carb tube ( a peice of a old light saber blade) with a few red led comming out of the side and one ultra bright red LED to hang frm the top
to light up the entire box :cool::p

hullbreach
08-28-2010, 08:11 PM
wow narod you're SO SO SO TALENTED!!! really REALLY looking forward to those build pics dooood!!!

Sairon
08-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Hmmm, I see I misread the intial post. Anyways that is top notch skill, very awesome. I do look forward to seeing more of them, perhaps you could post progress pics on the next one?