PDA

View Full Version : LED Diffuser Question

Answer348
08-23-2010, 07:21 PM
I've had some issues with the film in the mid-grade blades from Ultra Sabers, so I came to TCSS looking for an alternative. I noticed that TCSS sells their diffuser tubes separately from their blades, so I was wondering if I could simply remove the film from my blades and replace it with these diffusers. It would certainly be more cost effective than spending $30 for a new blade.

FenderBender
08-23-2010, 09:56 PM
Why not just replace the film in your Ultrablade? That would be the cheapest alternative and would yield a more evenly lit blade.

Answer348
08-24-2010, 06:27 AM
I've had trouble with film collecting too much debris on the inside and rattling around within the blade. I would prefer something a little less fragile if possible.

Skottsaber
08-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Then you should probably contact Ultrasabers. The blades I've got from them certainly don't have that issue. It might be a bad blade.

Jedi-Loreen
08-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Bad blade? :confused:

To me, it sounds like maybe he needs some sort of cover to put over the open end of the blade when it's not on his saber if he's storing them tip down. Maybe he's just getting crap inside his blade.

RevengeoftheSeth
08-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Stop eatin all those cookies over your open blade! :D

Sairon
08-25-2010, 04:11 PM
What I've found with my empty balde sitting in the opean for a few months it gets loaded with said dust and crud. Al one really needs to do is remove the difuser, get a swiffer or shammie, and swipe the difuser clean. Then drag out the vaccum and suck the dust and grreblies out of the balde, re insert diffuser. And lastly make a paper cap or soemthing to cover the end of your blade when not in use.

Now, having said that. In said above blade you said there was rattling things inside? Perhaps after removal of the diffuser check the integrity of the blade. if there is a chunk of PolyC missing I would consider a new balde (although I have never ehard of a blade chipping on the inside).

Thats my three dollars and two cents.